if mowbray gets the job one of the first things he should do is (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Where do we stop? Do we get rid of the physio or Doris the tea lady?

Throughout our long downward spiral goalkeeping has been one of the few areas where we've done OK. Leave it down to Mowbray, if he thinks Oggy isn't a good enough coach get rid but don't boot him out just because he's been around for a while.

Samo

Oggy is a link with a past of complete mediocrity and non achievement. No room for sentiment. He's had 30 years here now.

or a link to the ONLY success we've ever had.

skybluebeduff

This thread is a bit moronic considering nearly all keepers Oggy has trained have gone on to better things and higher divisions.

And bled the club dry? oh my days..

ajsccfc

If he's a good goalkeeping coach, keep him as goalkeeping coach. If Mowbray has someone better in mind, get them in. I doubt he carries some kind of curse with him, there are probably other reasons for our decline.

kg82

In a time when people complain about loyalty, to have had someone here for 30 years is incredible. Fantastic keeper, doesn't seem bad at coaching keepers either. Someone said "he's a link with mediocrity" or something along those lines. Well, I'm sure if we get rid of him we'll be winning the Champions League in 4 years time! Nothing to do with the players on the pitch now!

kg82

This thread is a bit moronic considering nearly all keepers Oggy has trained have gone on to better things and higher divisions.

And bled the club dry? oh my days..

Yeah, what does that actually mean?! Basically that he's been paid by the club for a long time whilst doing jobs here?! Jesus Oggy, put some free years in

westofrayne

Oggy is a link with a past of complete mediocrity and non achievement. No room for sentiment. He's had 30 years here now.

"link to a past" !!! where we played top flight football and survived in the top league (albeit last game of the season). how I would love those days back

skybluebeduff

Micheal Jackson blamed it on the boogie. This OP has blamed it on the Oggy.

How many times did he save us from getting relegated?

And people do realize we can have more than one goalkeeping coach...

It's nice for the youngsters to have a legend of the club around daily.

slowpoke

Where do we stop? Do we get rid of the physio or Doris the tea lady?

Throughout our long downward spiral goalkeeping has been one of the few areas where we've done OK. Leave it down to Mowbray, if he thinks Oggy isn't a good enough coach get rid but don't boot him out just because he's been around for a while.
No the tea lady stays she makes a cracking cuppa

StevieM

How many third division clubs can afford to have the luxury of a full time goalkeeping coach?
I'd rather have his wages spent on a decent scout.
I'm firmly in the get rid camp, he has been a constant during the complete failure of the football club.
Hanging on to one day of glory a very, very long time ago and that season aside we have been a shite last gasp survival team that always let the supporters down.
That acceptance and even glorification of abject mediocrity is why we find ourselves in the situation that we are in now-we put up with shit so get it force fed at every opportunity by the owners, the managers and the players too.
Yes, I am in a bad mood today :mad:.

skybluebeduff

How many third division clubs can afford to have the luxury of a full time goalkeeping coach?
I'd rather have his wages spent on a decent scout.
I'm firmly in the get rid camp, he has been a constant during the complete failure of the football club.
Hanging on to one day of glory a very, very long time ago and that season aside we have been a shite last gasp survival team that always let the supporters down.
That acceptance and even glorification of abject mediocrity is why we find ourselves in the situation that we are in now-we put up with shit so get it force fed at every opportunity by the owners, the managers and the players too.
Yes, I am in a bad mood today :mad:.

So you blame Oggy for all of our owners past and present failures?

:facepalm:

duffer

I'm in a bad mood today too, and this isn't helping. If he's a crap coach, then get rid by all means. However the evidence to me would seem to suggest that he's actually pretty reasonable at improving goalkeepers.

I don't see any acceptance of mediocrity hereabouts, other than perhaps by our owners and the odd player.

It's daft, imho, to suggest that Oggy has been a reason for our continual downhill path since relegation from the top division - surely anyone who pauses to think for a moment can see that the biggest problem with CCFC has been within the various boardrooms rather than on the training pitch.

fernandopartridge

"link to a past" !!! where we played top flight football and survived in the top league (albeit last game of the season). how I would love those days back

Funny you should say that because everybody on here would have you believe that we've been shite for 45 years when they belt out the excuses for poor attendances.

Paxman II

I called for him to go a while back as i recognized his position was untenable based primarily on a past glory. A good keeper does not necessarily mean a good coach. Most keepers we have had under his tenure have been poor, Burge a classic example where we all see his lack of ability in many areas such as command of his box and under Oggy that has not improved any.
No I believe TM will want a set of new back room staff. Time to move on Oggy, thanks for your service and memories. We need fresh thinking throughout the club and under TM we have the opportunity to begin afresh and leave the past in the past. That's no disrespect to Oggy, we simply need a new broom and new enthusiasm.

shmmeee

Funny you should say that because everybody on here would have you believe that we've been shite for 45 years when they belt out the excuses for poor attendances.

We were shite. We got shite-er. There's still several levels of shite we could be below this.

Skyblueweeman

Need someone on the backroom staff who is a club legend, Mowbray talks about the club not having any signs of history for the players to see, and currently they have someone who has been there and done it for Coventry for players to look up to

Yeah, we need to have that DNA running through....oh....hang on......

Astute

We had good attendances when SISU first came to our club. But for some reason they fell through the floor. Just can't put my finger on the reason :thinking about:

Astute

I called for him to go a while back as i recognized his position was untenable based primarily on a past glory. A good keeper does not necessarily mean a good coach. Most keepers we have had under his tenure have been poor, Burge a classic example where we all see his lack of ability in many areas such as command of his box and under Oggy that has not improved any.
No I believe TM will want a set of new back room staff. Time to move on Oggy, thanks for your service and memories. We need fresh thinking throughout the club and under TM we have the opportunity to begin afresh and leave the past in the past. That's no disrespect to Oggy, we simply need a new broom and new enthusiasm.

You wanted Oggy to get the sack yet wanted SP to stay up to about the day SISU finally got rid of him?

Paxman II

You wanted Oggy to get the sack yet wanted SP to stay up to about the day SISU finally got rid of him?

Not so. As for SP I said he deserved the chance to stay until the New Year while others were demanding his head. In the end his results made it inevitable.
As for Oggy by comparison he has been at the club some 30 years and as a goalkeeping coach has not particularly presided over very good keepers. The day we all shuffle around too much sentimentality for the past we will surely achieve nothing. he should depart along with many others in the back room staff. You can't restructure a club and keep the old guard, that's the very essence of change.

Karl87

This thread is pretty bleak and shows the damage SISU have done...we're desperately looking for scapegoats and assigning blame in crazy places. We've had so many successful goalkeepers improve under him and I'm sure several have singled him out as a reason for joining us. Let the man stay

stevefloyd

Have to say tgat when Hedman was here i was always pleased to see him playing instead of oggy.. whenever oggy was in the team the kicking and distribution wasnt very good

Grendel

Have to say tgat when Hedman was here i was always pleased to see him playing instead of oggy.. whenever oggy was in the team the kicking and distribution wasnt very good

When headman joined Oggy was nearly 40

M&B Stand

I was once on a flight to Orlando and Oggy and family sat in front. He bought fags and a watch from the on board duty free. I drunkenly annoyed him for the entire 9 hours

Sky_Blue_Daz

Its a history of non achievement, as far as im concerned.
Only my opinion

Sky Blue Kid

Paxman II..........."As for Oggy by comparison he has been at the club some 30 years and as a goalkeeping coach has not particularly presided over very good keepers".................................................................Oggy has presided over some very good keepers at HR and the Ricoh. Hedman(Sweden Int) pick of the bunch. He's also coached in recent years, Marshall(Good keeper, remember his fabulous save at Old Trafford in the 2-0 win? but SISU in their infinite wisdom let go) Kasper Schmeichel(SISU couldn't be arsed to offer contract to) Westwood(Irish Int) actually bought according to some for £300k if you believe estimations, but let run down contract...Why?) Joe Murphy a decent solid keeper that offered to take a big wage cut, but was let go) The last 4 under SISU control who couldn't see the wood for the trees. Those off the top of my head, and if I researched would easily find quite a few more "Class Keepers"

Samo

Its strange this thread because Oggy seems to be a very powerful figure to have had such a negative impact on the club, to have 'bled it dry' in fact. He must have been involved in decision making at every level to have fucked the club up so royally over so many years and have all these people calling for his head. There was me thinking he was our goalkeeping coach.

Users who are viewing this thread