If we go down will Mowbray go down as one of our worst ever managers? (4 Viewers)

covcity4life

Ha!! This is more offensive than the racism thread?

Okey dokey. :)

just find your views on mowbray IDIOTIC

people are free to say he fucked up in summer, i dont fight that. to blame him for a 46 game season when he managed 10 is stupid

i have said my final piece on it now.

Otis

excuse me? everyone can go read that nfl thread and see how you fucked up and then stopped replying.

actually for those that cant be assed he said greenbay were not the best of chasing pack,aaron rodgers not one of best qb of all time and gb would lose as soon as they went on the road

*gb made the semi finals, chasing pack all out before this
*ar won 8 in a row and many pundits called him best ever,troy aikmen said he took quaterbacking to its highest height ever
*gb beat highest seed dallas.....away

hehehe
You do realise that is going whoosh straight over most people's heads on here don't you!

Most people don't know Aaron Rodgers from Roy Rogers, or Green Bay from eBay.

covcity4life

You do realise that is going whoosh straight over most people's heads on here don't you!

Most people don't know Aaron Rodgers from Roy Rogers, or Green Bay from eBay.

they have an excuse! ccfc88 acted like he was an expert.

if he was a newbie to nfl i take it all back and actually apologise. its good to see new fans

hehhehe

CCFC88

excuse me? everyone can go read that nfl thread and see how you fucked up and then stopped replying.

actually for those that cant be assed he said greenbay were not the best of chasing pack,aaron rodgers not one of best qb of all time and gb would lose as soon as they went on the road

*ar won 8 in a row and many pundits called him best ever,troy aikmen said he took quaterbacking to its highest height ever

hehehe
Think you are on the wrong thread here, this is a football thread.

Brylowes

hehehe
I'm going to watch the Super Bowl this year.

Sadly I'm going to watch it in Norwich.

covcity4life

I'm going to watch the Super Bowl this year.

Sadly I'm going to watch it in Norwich.

you will enjoy it. i would advise to record it and then start watching it at 1am

that way you can fast fwd inbetwee stoppages which is the thing that puts most of british off imo

you will catch up with live play by about end of game.

Brylowes

you will enjoy it. i would advise to record it and then start watching it at 1am

that way you can fast fwd inbetwee stoppages which is the thing that puts most of british off imo

you will catch up with live play by about end of game.
4 of us go every year, on the piss all day, Indian meal then watch it in the pub get back to hotel about 5am
two of us Understand the game and enjoy it, where as me plus 1 other enjoy the occasion.

Otis

they have an excuse! ccfc88 acted like he was an expert.

if he was a newbie to nfl i take it all back and actually apologise. its good to see new fans

hehhehe
I find CCFC88's NFL posts insightful. Might not agree with everything they say, but clearly they have a knowledge of the game.

Rating or not rating someone is just the same as football. You will still find many people arguing that Wayne Rooney is not that good of a player.

It's all just about opinions.

CCFC88

Steven Gerrard though, the odd slip and doesn't really win anything but he's clearly the best of all time.

covcity4life

it wouldnt surprise me if you dont rate messi tbh otis. would explain your thoughts on mowbray being at fault for this years relegation

Otis

it wouldnt surprise me if you dont rate messi tbh otis. would explain your thoughts on mowbray being at fault for this years relegation
And why you want Mowbray's babies.

Your obsession with him is a bit too restraining order for me. ;)

covcity4life

no obsession. you started the thread about him. i just replied.

we both know where each other stand.no point continuing the cycle

Joy Division

just find your views on mowbray IDIOTIC

people are free to say he fucked up in summer, i dont fight that. to blame him for a 46 game season when he managed 10 is stupid

i have said my final piece on it now.

It wasn't just the 10 games though was it, the previous 6 months was shocking from Mowbray. He had the summer to sort out his mess and failed to do so.

If he was a new manager who had just come in I'd have perhaps given him more time but his past record of the year 2016 was poor and certainly didn't indicate any signs of improvement.

covcity4life

the previous season finished 8th and highest pts and goals tally for cov in years. football doesnt go by calender years in this league.

british season usually start in auguest and end in may

Joy Division

the previous season finished 8th and highest pts and goals tally for cov in years. football doesnt go by calender years in this league.

* In the lowest league we've been in for years, it would be foolish to compare our performances in League one to the Premiership, Championship. Different leagues.

And in that british season from August to May he was poor for the second half of it. You think our form was good from January to September then?

Joy Division

He suffered the same problems at West Brom and Middlesborough, ask their fans and they will tell you the same. If he's that good a manager we shall see what job he gets next.

covcity4life

* In the lowest league we've been in for years, it would be foolish to compare our performances in League one to the Premiership, Championship. Different leagues.

And in that british season from August to May he was poor for the second half of it. You think our form was good from January to September then?

when did i compare him to prem or championship???

i think in the 15/16 season he got us 8th with our best pts tally in years

also this thread isnt about wether he is good manager or not. its about if he is the worst. do you think he is? yes or no will suffice

CCFC88

I don't think he will go down as our worst manager ever, we've had some absolute stinkers, as a 29 year old the first half of last season was the most enjoyable football I've ever seen city play, there was some good in the latter days of the premier league and whilst I remember patches and games I don't remember properly 20 odd games where I've actually enjoyed it and been excited to go up until last season.

I think the 2nd half of last season ended effected Mowbray and to be honest I think he lost some enthusiasm in the window and ended up with a "f&ck it, get him in, he has two legs" at the end of the summer.

3 transfer windows 1 great, 1 average to poor, 1 shocking. Not the worst manager we've had but but can understand the OP's view.

Joy Division

when did i compare him to prem or championship???

i think in the 15/16 season he got us 8th with our best pts tally in years

also this thread isnt about wether he is good manager or not. its about if he is the worst. do you think he is? yes or no will suffice

So when you say he is our best manager in years you mean best manager in 4 years.

Joy Division

I don't think he's the worst manager we've ever had but I also don't think he is the messiah like you seem to think he is.

Evo1883

We weren't anchored to the bottom when Mowbray took over and losing games and shipping goals for fun to the same level we are now. We'd just drawn against sheff Utd.

Also Hockaday signed stokes which was pivitol in our survival as it meant Haynes could be removed from the team.

We had just slipped into the bottom four and was still in the bottom 4 half way through the seasons final game. The improvement was marginal and we still hardly won st home on his take over.

Actually grant ward was pivotal for our survival

He was the difference between relegation and survival IMO

stevefloyd

CC4L...what happened to you ? I used to think you was a decent poster but bloody hell you snorting something? you are coming across as a prize pillock...my opinion and my opinion counts for me and thelast time I say the same thing...T Mowbray recruited shite in the summer...realised it was worse than shite and then tried to shaft his mate into picking up the pieces who then comes out in public and states the team isn't good enough...so then again someone else has to pick up the pieces of a shockingly bad season ....who knows if Slade will manage to keep us up with this sub standard team but to say that its not Mowbrays fault is delusional at best

Grendel

Actually grant ward was pivotal for our survival

He was the difference between relegation and survival IMO

Fair point -was a good addition.

Cov kid 55

You can't ignore the shocking performance in the second half of the season. We produced relegation form, at one stage we were 11 points clear of 7th place, and ended up 5 points off 6th place. It wasn't just poor performance at the start of this season, it was nearly a year of poor performance. Moving things on, we are where we are, and need to hope that Slade is able to strengthen the team and get the results we need, even if it's not pretty.

covcity4life

You can't ignore the shocking performance in the second half of the season. We produced relegation form, at one stage we were 11 points clear of 7th place, and ended up 5 points off 6th place. It wasn't just poor performance at the start of this season, it was nearly a year of poor performance. Moving things on, we are where we are, and need to hope that Slade is able to strengthen the team and get the results we need, even if it's not pretty.

Not ignoring it

Just.judge a whole season personally.

He.could have ended this season on a stormer. Shame he quit

Users who are viewing this thread