ifollow season pass (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

My subscription for my ifollow season pass came out yesterday.

One the reminder email it says it should be £140 or the local equivalent.

I have an international card with 0 exchange fees, set myself up to be charged from Canada and they've managed to take £170 out of my account.

Anybody else had a similar issue?

kg82

Nothing’s come out yet for mine. I got an email saying it would, so not sure why it hasn’t yet. Unless it’s just accumulating bits from others and I’m getting it free this year… cheers mate

robbiekeane

My subscription for my ifollow season pass came out yesterday.

One the reminder email it says it should be £140 or the local equivalent.

I have an international card with 0 exchange fees, set myself up to be charged from Canada and they've managed to take £170 out of my account.

Anybody else had a similar issue?
Surprised you've been charged already. It said 25th July was the deadline to notify

1625235856493.png

I really don't understand ifollow payment schedules. I pay for monthly pass, and then I try and just cancel the direct debit because there's no option to cancel before the year is up - but they still come in for the money. I don't want it over the summer when we have no games...and it's not an annual pass that you get credit for, it's a monthly pass. Annoying

Liquid Gold

Surprised you've been charged already. It said 25th July was the deadline to notify

View attachment 20713

I really don't understand ifollow payment schedules. I pay for monthly pass, and then I try and just cancel the direct debit because there's no option to cancel before the year is up - but they still come in for the money. I don't want it over the summer when we have no games...and it's not an annual pass that you get credit for, it's a monthly pass. Annoying
I have an annual pass

CDK

I didn't think Ifollow were streaming all club's games this coming season?

jordan210

Just ran it though the mastercard exchange thing and £140 on that day should have been CAD 240.35. I got charged CAD 289.20

The whole ifollow purchase process and cancellation is awful. Not showing you a price and email only cancel its like its ran by cowboys.

Esoterica

Just ran it though the mastercard exchange thing and £140 on that day should have been CAD 240.35. I got charged CAD 289.20
Given the amount of TV games last year that they didn’t show, I’d be pissed off if they had hiked up the price. Sounds dodgy in your case though.

Legia Sky Blue

I imagine that's not the easiest thing to police, and administering it could prove financially unviable. At the end of the day ifollow was brought in to bring in further income streams to EFL clubs, so it has to pay at the end of the day. If you can't get to games why dont you just set up a vpn to make out you're abroad, as plenty of others do?

D

Deleted member 4439

The companies handling the transaction will cream some money off that by giving you a least generous exchange rate, plus usually there's conversion fees on top, But I wouldn't expect that to be more than a tenner on a transaction of that size.

Liquid Gold

The companies handling the transaction will cream some money off that by giving you a least generous exchange rate, plus usually there's conversion fees on top, But I wouldn't expect that to be more than a tenner on a transaction of that size.
My bank is conversion fee free and the email they send out says it’s £140 including fees so they’ve obviously just slapped some stupid exchange rate on. Such wankers.

Grendel

My bank is conversion fee free and the email they send out says it’s £140 including fees so they’ve obviously just slapped some stupid exchange rate on. Such wankers.

you are technically not allowed this in the U.K. though I think?

aloisiwouldhavescored

Why don't they give a disabled pass to people like myself that can't travel to matches
It would supply a previously untapped income stream - last season was wonderful for me
Have written to EFL and the club but nobody replies
Already got our season tickets for the CBS Arena.

However we would definitely be interested in a disabled pass for away games, which we can't do anymore because of mobility issues. As you say, it was fantastic for us to be able to watch all the away games again last season.

Esoterica

I don’t know why away passes aren’t a thing. If you’re into away games then watching from home isn’t going to stop many anyway.

NorthernWisdom

I don’t know why away passes aren’t a thing. If you’re into away games then watching from home isn’t going to stop many anyway.
Personally, I'd do it for home this season, too. Uncertainty over numbers allowed / psychology etc. and, much like the music industry, football either needs to embrace streaming, or find itself pirated to death anyway.

skyblueexile

WELL i HAD THE REPLY FROM efl WITH REGHARDS TO A DISABLED PASS BUT MUCH AS EXPECTED BUT AT LEAST A REPLY
Hello,

Thank you for your email, we note your position and are pleased to hear you enjoyed the iFollow service last season.

Ordinarily, under normal circumstances (pre-COVID) when stadiums are full, all matches at 3pm on a Saturday are subject to UEFA blackout rules meaning they cannot be shown live in the UK, however due to Covid-19 and stadiums being closed or operating a reduced capacity, these games were made available last season, via iFollow.

However, discussions remain ongoing as to the availability of iFollow next season and availability will depend on stadium capacity and broadcasting terms with our contracted partners, Sky Sports.

However, should you have any concerns or queries around visiting stadiums as a disabled supporter, we would recommend you contact the home clubs for additional advice and guidance.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

CDK

WELL i HAD THE REPLY FROM efl WITH REGHARDS TO A DISABLED PASS BUT MUCH AS EXPECTED BUT AT LEAST A REPLY
Hello,

Thank you for your email, we note your position and are pleased to hear you enjoyed the iFollow service last season.

Ordinarily, under normal circumstances (pre-COVID) when stadiums are full, all matches at 3pm on a Saturday are subject to UEFA blackout rules meaning they cannot be shown live in the UK, however due to Covid-19 and stadiums being closed or operating a reduced capacity, these games were made available last season, via iFollow.

However, discussions remain ongoing as to the availability of iFollow next season and availability will depend on stadium capacity and broadcasting terms with our contracted partners, Sky Sports.

However, should you have any concerns or queries around visiting stadiums as a disabled supporter, we would recommend you contact the home clubs for additional advice and guidance.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.
At least it's a reply.

shmmeee

I’d there a disability discrimination angle here to challenge the blanket blackout? Seems to me the EFL/UEFA aren’t taking all reasonable measures to open their business to disabled customers.

Users who are viewing this thread