I'm no good at maths but... (1 Viewer)

As a club we're 60 million in debt, we're about to lose 9000 paying customers, build a new ground approx 25 million, rent another ground for 3 years so in my head that's the best part of 100 million we'll be in debt by the time the new ground is open. Obviously their is plenty of expenditure I've missed but I'm really struggling to work out how being 100 million in debt is of benefit to anyone. What income streams would we have apart from rotten pie sales on top of season tickets and match day revenue are sisu thinking are going to come in to service this debt? I'm baffled :confused:

ccfc92

As a club we're 60 million in debt, we're about to lose 9000 paying customers, build a new ground approx 25 million, rent another ground for 3 years so in my head that's the best part of 100 million we'll be in debt by the time the new ground is open. Obviously their is plenty of expenditure I've missed but I'm really struggling to work out how being 100 million in debt is of benefit to anyone. What income streams would we have apart from rotten pie sales on top of season tickets and match day revenue are sisu thinking are going to come in to service this debt? I'm baffled :confused:

they plan to increase STs by £3.95 :facepalm:

bigfatronssba

He used Charlton as an example, they made £700k in food and beverages a year, sisu were offered £100k by acl. Remember as well this is with Fishers spin on it. So all this is for £600k a year.

I think its pretty easy to see if it makes sense!

wingy

oh yeah forgot that ,tickets are going to get cheaper ,they did that 2 seasons ago and where did it get us?

BurbageSkyBlues

He used Charlton as an example, they made £700k in food and beverages a year, sisu were offered £100k by acl. Remember as well this is with Fishers spin on it. So all this is for £600k a year.

Hmmm, well, I think Charlton had just a few more fans than we have left....so those figures would be , err, slightly optimistic, to say the least!

philmcc

Plus I think they are on about wantin to commercially develop the surrounding land to make it largely self financing....

Bluegloucester

They probably turned over £700k inc non matchdays, more crap from Fisher.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

That's akin to losing circa. 1.5K people on each home game. They've overseen a loss of average gate five times that. What's the biggest threat to the welfare of the club? The income claimed is critical, or the gates their behaviour is driving away?

bigfatronssba

We were offered the food and drink but the council wanted £24m for the privilege!

Please listen carefully to what was said. Compass bought rights to catering for £24m, they own it. Acl offered to organise a meeting between Compass and sisu. Sisu refused.

Where does the council get mentioned in that?

James Smith

Plus I think they are on about wantin to commercially develop the surrounding land to make it largely self financing....
What you mean like the Ricoh?

stupot07

To be fair he took F&B's as one example, there are also other income that would be tapped into to - e.g. Selling the naming rights to the stadium, stands, etc.

bigfatronssba

To be fair he took F&B's as one example, there are also other income that would be tapped into to - e.g. Selling the naming rights to the stadium, stands, etc.

But he said the stadium would be called Highfield II. Your not suggesting that was just emotional blackmail on the fans are you??

Mary_Mungo_Midge

But just as some argue that companies such as Ricoh will part with a million a year due in large part to the football club; they also consider the attraction of the totality of the stadium's use, it's prestige and its location.

If its a small, football-only stadium in Brandon; then it's a whole lot less attractive. Someone will sponsor it; sure. But not at the rates that currently prevail

bigfatronssba

But just as some argue that companies such as Ricoh will part with a million a year due in large part to the football club; they also consider the attraction of the totality of the stadium's use, it's prestige and its location.

If its a small, football-only stadium in Brandon; then it's a whole lot less attractive. Someone will sponsor it; sure. But not at the rates that currently prevail

Exactly. If that was the case Brandon Stadium would already have a sponsor.

ccfc92

But he said the stadium would be called Highfield II. Your not suggesting that was just emotional blackmail on the fans are you??

Pretty certain the project is highfield 2. The stadium name would be given to the highest bidder. The primark stadium ;)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Pretty certain the project is highfield 2. The stadium name would be given to the highest bidder. The primark stadium ;)

Way too national for a crappy stadium in the middle of nowhere. It'll be a local business, like the Roseycombe that'll bag the rights!

Grendel

Christ please tell me this is a joke.

Grendel

Way too national for a crappy stadium in the middle of nowhere. It'll be a local business, like the Roseycombe that'll bag the rights!

In the middle of nowhere? Like some disused gasworks in an e demographic area in a deprived city you mean?

bigfatronssba

<p>
Christ please tell me this is a joke.

I suppose in some sort of perverted way, yes it is.

I do assume you mean this whole scenario?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

In the middle of nowhere? Like some disused gasworks in an e demographic area in a deprived city you mean?

One is adjacent to a major motorway, served by a major road adjoining. The other is - we understand - just outside of Binley Woods. You're not really going to compare are you? You've started a decent thread tonight. Take my advice, like a young cub with his first fire, watch over it whilst its still going, eh?

wingy

More likely a CHOIR rather than RICOH.

quinn1971

One is adjacent to a major motorway, served by a major road adjoining. The other is - we understand - just outside of Binley Woods. You're not really going to compare are you? You've started a decent thread tonight. Take my advice, like a young cub with his first fire, watch over it whilst its still going, eh?

Exactly...500 at the speedway and the roads are all blocked.i lived in binley woods and you couldn't put your blinds up without somebody objecting.They tried to sell the speedway land for houses the ink was still wet on the application form when it was binned.plus I cant see rugby council wanting to step on coventry councils toes.

stupot07

Well we're up shit creek then. Any new investor will need to pay £24m+ to compass to f&B's.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Well we're up shit creek then. Any new investor will need to pay £24m+ to compass to f&B's.

How can you claim that? Fisher admitted tonight he'd never even bothered to speak with Compass. Couldn't see the worth in it. So where does that figure come from?

philmcc

What you mean like the Ricoh?

Yeah sort of, they want to base it on Brentfords model...they are building a stadium with residential potential as part of it...fisher didn't say sisu would go down that route but seemed confident that utilising the surrounding land for some kind of development would enable them to build it without it hitting them too hard financially.

oakey

Simple. We all boycott the food and drink stalls at the Ricoh. The club sells food and drink from the barrow at Tesco and in all the car parks of businesses around the Ricoh and we all buy stuff from them.
This Compass stuff is a commercial challenge that any competent business can get around with a bit of thought. I don't buy it , pardon the pun.

stupot07

Simple. We all boycott the food and drink stalls at the Ricoh. The club sells food and drink from the barrow at Tesco and in all the car parks of businesses around the Ricoh and we all buy stuff from them.
This Compass stuff is a commercial challenge that any competent business can get around with a bit of thought. I don't buy it , pardon the pun.

#notonepennymore?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

But how low? £20m? £18m? £15m?

I don't know. Maybe £5m? I honestly don't know. But here's the real thing - if you listened tonight, Fisher doesn't know either.

I tell you what, if I'd have let things go this far, without engaging with all stakeholders, repeatedly, until I though the pips were squeaking and I'd got the best possible deal; I'd have thought I'd done my job incompletely. All costs for the basis of any analysis would need to be driven as low as they'd go.

Fisher's admission that they haven't even bothered to do so, is akin to the slap-happy approach that appeared to prevail during due diligence. Which was, of course, the time this should all have been settled to save this unholy mess.

There's a common thread here. See it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread