In-ger-land (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Professional performance. That opening 10 minutes killed the game for them. Thought Hungary and Andorra were both considerably better than them.

Qualification in the bag and a good trip ahead. A league game in Brussels, Belgium v Estonia tomorrow, Serie D Sunday, San Marino Monday and finishing up with Czechia v Estonia on Tuesday. Bring on Qatar. GSTQ

Mucca Mad Boys

Have to say maguire putting his fingers in his ears will do him no favours with the United support , woeful in the prem for weeks now and scores a header v Albania and does that .. bit silly tbh

The reason Man U are so poor defensively is because of Ole’s tactics. Structurally they are really poor and give far too many shots and chances away. Man U also happen to be one of the worst pressing teams in the Prem too.

With a better manager, Man U so far better and Maguire and Shaw look like superstars again.

Mucca Mad Boys

On my way back from the match and I had a great time.

We were ruthless and could’ve been 6 or 7 up going into the break. We look very good playing 3-4-3 and my thinking is that we stick with this going into the World Cup. Reece James was very strong, Kane looked back to his old self, Sterling caused all sorts of problem even if the end product was lacking. Phillips and Henderson controlled the midfield and the defensive unit was very strong.

Having said that, Albania weren’t great. They missed two players in the first 16m which wouldn’t have helped. Their passing was sloppy at points and they missed a gift of an opportunity to level it at 1-0 - caused by our own poor passing.

We’ve got a really good team, we just need to continue our development and Southgate needs to prove he can still lead them despite being a fan of Southgate.

Evo1883

The reason Man U are so poor defensively is because of Ole’s tactics. Structurally they are really poor and give far too many shots and chances away. Man U also happen to be one of the worst pressing teams in the Prem too.

With a better manager, Man U so far better and Maguire and Shaw look like superstars again.
With all due respect they will never look like superstars

As much as ole isn't a good manager,I don't think Ole is at fault for extremely basic defensive errors , ...Shaw and Maguire have been awful for them ..

Last edited:

Evo1883

Who gives a fuck about Utd. As long as he's banging them in for England and keeping clean sheets

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Fair point, but it's Albania.. he's had little defensive work to do last night.. could have played anybody there and still won comfortable , they were shite

Mucca Mad Boys

With all due respect they will never look like superstars

As much as ole isn't a good manager,I don't think Ole is at fault for extremely basic defensive errors , ...Shaw and Maguire have been awful for them ..

Man U don't have any defensive shape and because their pressing is pretty much non-existent (or only one player is pressing at time), their defensive is left wide open far too often. This is why Ole plays Fred and McTominay in central midfield (which is baffling) to remedy this.

Teams who are great at defending actually defend as a team and protect their defenders. Ultimately, it's Ole's job to build that structure in and he hasn't. There's too much inexperience across the board at that club - experienced coaches and managers would have Man U pushing very hard for the title domestically and in Europe.

Maguire and Shaw have dropped off from last season, for sure - but Man U's defensive problems don't rest with the players.

Brighton Sky Blue

Man U don't have any defensive shape and because their pressing is pretty much non-existent (or only one player is pressing at time), their defensive is left wide open far too often. This is why Ole plays Fred and McTominay in central midfield (which is baffling) to remedy this.

Teams who are great at defending actually defend as a team and protect their defenders. Ultimately, it's Ole's job to build that structure in and he hasn't. There's too much inexperience across the board at that club - experienced coaches and managers would have Man U pushing very hard for the title domestically and in Europe.

Maguire and Shaw have dropped off from last season, for sure - but Man U's defensive problems don't rest with the players.

According to the Athletic he's been trying out Sancho at RWB in training. Just comical if true

Mucca Mad Boys

According to the Athletic he's been trying out Sancho at RWB in training. Just comical if true

It work with Victor Moses, but I think this is a stretch.

Overall Ole has done a good job to get United to a position where they can compete for major titles again. But, like Lampard at Chelsea, it's plainly obvious to me (and more and more Man U fans) that Ole is not the manager to actually win those titles with Man U.

Evo1883

I can show you some video clips of his defending mistakes this season if you like ? Watching several last night and to be fair his mistakes are leading to goals.

You say they must defend as a team so it doesn't make sense that his average position against Liverpool was about 10 yards ahead of the rest of the back line considering they were under so much pressure

Flat footed when somebody has a turn of pace
Positional awareness just absolutely atrocious.

I know you love England but there's no defending some of Maguires woeful defending ...IF it was a city player you'd be furious ..and united fans are tbh

no_loyalty

Connor Gallagher called up, due to five players withdrawing.

LastGarrison

Quite like that line up, regardless of who we are playing, and shows we have real depth in midfield both defensively and going forward.

6-0 is my prediction.

Tommo1993

No idea what the defender is doing with his arm, but still that’s laughable. Yellow card too.

Liquid Gold

Who is entertained by 5 minutes of waiting for something that nobody even saw when it was going on.

The whole VAR thing is there for the sort of mindless idiots that reply with “ratio” or try and put pen in every word on Twitter.

Grendel

It was a blatant penalty or the ref has to give a corner

hill83

Yeah it was a penalty. My issue is with VAR, without it that gets missed and nobody would be arsed.

Grendel

Oh another one

Users who are viewing this thread