In-ger-land (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Italy in the play offs ha ha

CJ_covblaze

games like this shouldn’t of Jimmy greaves had played them he’d have scored 100 plus - it’s pathetic really

He scored 3 or 4 against equally poor opponents on a few occasions.

Grendel

He scored 3 or 4 against equally poor opponents on a few occasions.

He really didn’t - World Cup groups then generally had one at best weak team in it - there are now far more games and far more against utter dross like them - sorry that’s bollocks

CJ_covblaze

Not much that can be said about that. Don’t know what was worse. Them or their kit.

CJ_covblaze

He really didn’t - World Cup groups then generally had one at best weak team in it - there are now far more games and far more against utter dross like them - sorry that’s bollocks

3 and 4 against Northern Ireland, 4 against Norway, 3 against Peru, 3 against Scotland. He had an exceptional record but to say he didn’t play against very easy teams is not right. Either way both strikers can’t be criticised for scoring regardless of who it’s against. Plenty of the top forwards now and in the past have “stat padded” against poorer opponents.

Ccfcisparks

3 and 4 against Northern Ireland, 4 against Norway, 3 against Peru, 3 against Scotland. He had an exceptional record but to say he didn’t play against very easy teams is not right. Either way both strikers can’t be criticised for scoring regardless of who it’s against. Plenty of the top forwards now and in the past have “stat padded” against poorer opponents.
Teams of note Kane has only scored against France, Germany and Denmark.

LastGarrison

What was the atmosphere like out there CJ?

From what I could see/clips on social media etc seemed a bit flat both before and during the game.

Mucca Mad Boys

Southgate is going to run with 3-4-3 for 2022 and frankly, I like it. It gives us a lot of balance and with the depth in wing backs we have, it can be a good attacking tool for us.

We picked the ‘perfect’ game for Hungary with plenty of attacking talent and being at the game, it was a shame it didn’t work. We looked far more positive and attacking against Albania with what looked to be a more cautious approach from Southgate.

Semi-finals minimum expectation for the World Cup. Like Rot Keane said, we need to believe we can win it because we actually have the quality to go all the way.

Portugal and Italy have missed out on automatic qualification. As much as I rated Mancini at the Euros, the wheels appear to have fallen off Italy at this moment.

CJ_covblaze

Teams of note Kane has only scored against France, Germany and Denmark.
Croatia, Colombia, Poland and Ukraine too. Also don’t forget his best performance in an England shirt was in Seville when he didn’t score. Despite his goal scoring record his hold up and link up play is the best part of his game.

CJ_covblaze

What was the atmosphere like out there CJ?

From what I could see/clips on social media etc seemed a bit flat both before and during the game.
In the stadium it was rubbish. Same as last time there. Was good in the bars in Rimini.

CJ_covblaze

Southgate is going to run with 3-4-3 for 2022 and frankly, I like it. It gives us a lot of balance and with the depth in wing backs we have, it can be a good attacking tool for us.

We picked the ‘perfect’ game for Hungary with plenty of attacking talent and being at the game, it was a shame it didn’t work. We looked far more positive and attacking against Albania with what looked to be a more cautious approach from Southgate.

Semi-finals minimum expectation for the World Cup. Like Rot Keane said, we need to believe we can win it because we actually have the quality to go all the way.

Portugal and Italy have missed out on automatic qualification. As much as I rated Mancini at the Euros, the wheels appear to have fallen off Italy at this moment.
Agree with that. When we play with two holding, more often than not when the ball gets cleared out of the opponent’s box one of them picks it up and we can build again. When we have only one there it becomes more difficult for that to happen.

TomRad85

e1c01157c14a388cee4c3a4b69e19e57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

ccfctommy

It's worth noting that there was less countries on the map in Greave's day. I.e USSR and Yugoslavia to name two

Users who are viewing this thread