Is Greggs MIA? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

San Francisco

tenor.gif

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

All I see is people trying to score points on each other. There's plenty of threads already where racism is being discussed. I've said what I have to on that subject, and I've got what I wanted from this thread. If people show they're capable of debate, I'll contribute. I don't see any of that.

there’s no debate, unless you can think of an argument in the alternative?

if you don’t want to contribute you could just not say anything, although still not great, but to actively try and get rid of the thread?

usskyblue

a) you started the thread, and b) would you not agree that a thread now talking about racism is completely ‘on’ topic given what has happened over the last week?

that’s two now shying away from the topic rather than facing up to it and calling it out….and that’s the problem - let’s bump the conversation to somewhere it won’t bother me 🙄

@mmttww and @usskyblue both rather turn a blind eye to the issue - anyone else?

While I used to bounce around on the off topic board, I’m too old, weary and generally disappointed in people that I don’t anymore. I prefer to stay on the football board to read and talk a little about the club, the team and players.. and add a bit of humour.

This didn’t start as a football thread and it certainly won’t turn into one. The discussion is 100% valid, it’s just in the wrong place on this forum. It’s not a blind eye, I’m more than aware of racism, it’s one a myriad of disgusting things that blight society. Thats exactly why Football is one of very few escapes for a lot of people.

I’m just asking the moderator to keep it that way.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

While I used to bounce around on the off topic board, I’m too old, weary and generally disappointed in people that I don’t anymore. I prefer to stay on the football board to read and talk a little about the club, the team and players.. add a bit of humour.

This didn’t start as a football thread and it certainly won’t turn into one. The discussion is 100% valid, it’s just in the wrong place on this forum. It’s not a blind eye, I’m more than aware of racism, it’s one a myriad of disgusting things that blight society. Thats exactly why Football is one of very few escapes for a lot of people.

I’m just asking the moderator to keep it that way.

Unfortunately the events of the last week have blurred the boundaries again between the two - so like it or not the topic is very much football related at the minute.

You’re right though, it didn’t start as a football related post, it has however evolved.

I’d also point out, despite having the choice, you’ve decided to actively contributed to this thread but by asking to bump it. Again, whilst not great, you could have simply left it without saying anything and it surely wouldn’t have bothered you?

Grendel

@wingy wanted him reinstated but not said anything since. I like him so I hope he has changed his mind

@Sick Boy very quiet. Usually jumps to Grendel's defence. Has he lost faith in his master?

What are you on about - unlike you I don’t have to pretend I have dyslexia or a pretend cousin - I don’t need to have any defence against people like you who don’t take anything seriously - including this topic - but think everything is a big joke.

itsabuzzard

a) you started the thread, and b) would you not agree that a thread now talking about racism is completely ‘on’ topic given what has happened over the last week?

that’s two now shying away from the topic rather than facing up to it and calling it out….and that’s the problem - let’s bump the conversation to somewhere it won’t bother me 🙄

@mmttww and @usskyblue both rather turn a blind eye to the issue - anyone else?
Your last paragraph is beyond silly and wilfully ignorant of what they've actually posted.

usskyblue

Unfortunately the events of the last week have blurred the boundaries again between the two - so like it or not the topic is very much football related at the minute.

You’re right though, it didn’t start as a football related post, it has however evolved.

I’d also point out, despite having the choice, you’ve decided to actively contributed to this thread but by asking to bump it. Again, whilst not great, you could have simply left it without saying anything and it surely wouldn’t have bothered you?

At the risk of bumping this again.. you @tted me and fished ‘a blind eye’ comment on a racism debate.

Now I’m no rocketfuckingscientist but silence, perhaps, wasn't my most favorable option.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

At the risk of bumping this again.. you @tted me and fished ‘a blind eye’ comment on a racism debate.

Now I’m no rocketfuckingscientist but silence, perhaps, wasn't my most favorable option.

I meant before you made your first comment, which is quite clearly why I mentioned you in my comment re a blind eye - I wasn’t fishing I was pointing out facts. Nice try though

mmttww

there’s no debate, unless you can think of an argument in the alternative?

if you don’t want to contribute you could just not say anything, although still not great, but to actively try and get rid of the thread?

I think trying to claim points here is grim. This isn't a thread where people are talking about racism. It's people dragging up old, personal grievances in a thread started to check on someone's wellbeing. I've made my thoughts on racism and football clear enough in at least one other thread on the subject. Take your fishing rod elsewhere, Boosh.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

It's there in black and white, for anyone who cares to read it.

usskyblue - “this is why I prefer to steer clear of off topic boards”

mmttww - “close thread, leave the non football bunfight to where you normally have it”

black and white, both times, I don’t want to see this so can you move it somewhere I don’t have to - that’s what it says to me in “black and white” - and if everybody had that attitude nothing changes.

and pre-empting the ‘but it’s not football related…’ comeback, are you saying we should bump all the other racism related conversations to the off topic board as they are similar? or does it make a difference that some are related to Kasey Palmer directly and this one is more about ‘one of our own ‘ which makes it a bit more uncomfortable?

there’s absolutely no harm with this thread staying where it is - if you don’t want to contribute then don’t, if you don’t want to read it then don’t, it’s fairly simple. BUT actively asking for it to be moved out of sight, makes no sense to me..

SlowerThanPlatt

mmttww - “close thread, leave the non football bunfight to where you normally have it”

black and white, both times, I don’t want to see this so can you move it somewhere I don’t have to - that’s what it says to me in “black and white” - and if everybody had that attitude nothing changes.

and pre-empting the ‘but it’s not football related…’ comeback, are you saying we should bump all the other racism related conversations to the off topic board as they are similar? or does it make a difference that some are related to Kasey Palmer directly and this one is more about ‘one of our own ‘ which makes it a bit more uncomfortable?

there’s absolutely no harm with this thread staying where it is - if you don’t want to contribute then don’t, if you don’t want to read it then don’t, it’s fairly simple. BUT actively asking for it to be moved out of sight, makes no sense to me..
Off topic is hardly out of sight.

itsabuzzard

Patently untrue: "... asking for it to be moved out of sight." You're arguing against yourself.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Sure you mean well but you’re going after the wrong people here. US in particular has spoken about the challenges black men face in football iirc.

yes, and I’m not here to ‘go after anybody’, I believe both feel similar to most on here, I’m simply (or possibly not so simply) saying that asking to get rid of a discussion on a pertinent topic is akin to ignoring the current issue, especially as it’s doing no harm where it is.

Anyway, I’m out - I appreciate your sentiment but I still feel it’s a point that needs to be made. Hopefully some can see that 👍🏼

Skyblueweeman

I think that jokes about poverty and loneliness are pretty poor taste too. I agree that those apparently defending racism or at least someone’s right be racist are wrong. This kind of ‘joke’ however undermines the argument. Also, twice recently I’ve seen the word ‘Mong’ and ´mongaloid’ used on here and no one called it out. Is ablism better than racism?
I called out the word mong on here once. I can't remember the exact reply but I'm sure it was something along the lines of 'it's not that bad and worse has been said on here'. Horrible word.

Grendel

I called out the word mong on here once. I can't remember the exact reply but I'm sure it was something along the lines of 'it's not that bad and worse has been said on here'. Horrible word.

There’s a thread totally dedicated to the sexualisation of women which has been going for years

rob9872

Totally agree, I used to use the R word a lot but try to edit myself and now refer to most as cunts. Not sure it's winning me any more friends but at least it's all inclusive and offends just about everyone!

Grendel

That's a fair point. But isnt that more about 'she's hot', no?! Or am I thinking about a different thread?

There are comments on their like “id finger her” - again I wouldn’t stop it but no one is perfect and beyond redemption

Grendel

You tried to shut me down when I brought all this up before it was deemed acceptable on this forum. If you were a statue you would be tore down.

You trivialise everything - racism, sex abuse, grooming - everything is a big joke to you

covcity4life

The English language contains 100's of insults to choose from- c**t, twat, fuck-nugget....furry-purse

There's zero need to throw around `Mong' `Retard' or `Spacker' which mock disabled people who've done literally fuck all to anybody

I've seen first hand the devastation it causes to families and does my head in
Yeah I tell the students at school not to use that language. They don't see any issue with it. Bad parenting perhaps.

LeChuck

I think that jokes about poverty and loneliness are pretty poor taste too. I agree that those apparently defending racism or at least someone’s right be racist are wrong. This kind of ‘joke’ however undermines the argument. Also, twice recently I’ve seen the word ‘Mong’ and ´mongaloid’ used on here and no one called it out. Is ablism better than racism?

And on the match thread with people raging about racism from Wednesday fans no less. The irony is nauseating.

Seems admins are fine with the term mongoloid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread