Is Slade our worst manager ever?! (2 Viewers)

Otis

It's hard to believe how anyone can be in two minds about Slade...so many excuses being made...joining a sinking ship etc etc...making comparisons with Venus and TM.

Otis, what I said was these players are better than they APPEAR! They aren't given the chance to give their best, whatever that might be.....but whatever it is it would make a difference in my opinion. And I have to disagree with you about Lameiras...probably the most talented player we have, but has never, under any manager been given the run he deserves....wasn't even on the bench yesterday as an option, like him or not. Neither was Stevenson...what's that all about. And what about Stokes? I'm seriously baffled

Stokes not quite match fit and Stevenson not ready to come back following injury, but not far off.

We will have to disagree on Lameiras. He has bags of talent, but is heavily weighed down by all his inadequacies. That's my opinion anyway.

I think he might do quite well on the continent somewhere, but he is just not good enough for League One I'm afraid.

Happy to disagree and I know some do rate him.

standupforcity

Obviously results are the most important measure of a managers success, and they speak for themselves, but if you outside of the results nothing points to him being a good manager.

His tactics are one dimensional with no plan b, no thought to the oppositions style/tactics, just long ball. He fails to react to the game and insists on sticking with an ineffective tactic that has consistently proven to be a failure.

In extension, his team selection is appalling. Anyone who continues to play Andy Rose in CM AND expect him to be a creative force is clueless. His insistence with Burge is also baffling, I appreciate RCC is not the finished article but he's a better keeper and his confidence would have been sky high after Swansea.

His recruitment has been average to poor, bar Beavon who is a standard above the rest of the team. Reilly has also shown signs of improvement, but the rest are all bang average or not good enough. In addition, he failed to address areas that required attention, especially based on his long ball tactics i.e. target man and wingers, and other poor areas such as full back.

I appreciate he came into an already sinking ship, but he's absolutely failed to save it and has in fact quickened the speed at which it is sinking.

It's the worst football I've ever witnessed, and the fact it isn't even working means there is no saving grace. He's a poor manager who's been asked to do a job only a truly great manager could have achieved.

Completely agree with this...sums it all up very well....

AlansEyes

Difficult to pin him as the worst ever given the circumstances/losing run we were already on etc. But, I'd certainly say the management on the whole this season has been the worst ever. From Mowbray and Venus completely screwing up the summer recruitment to Mowbray's questionable tactics to Slade's lack of an impact and poor recruitment. It's been an absolute shambles from start to finish with each of them as much to blame as the last.

stupot07

This season (league only)

Mowbray P10 W0 D6 L4 G6 A12 Pts 6 ppg 0.6 position 24th

Venus P12 W4 D1 L7 G13 A18 pts 13 ppg 1.1 position 24th

Slade P11 W1 D3 L7 G10 A22 Pts 6 ppg 0.55 position 24th

Awful all round.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Awful

Doesn't make for good reading at all does it. :(

Grendel

Imo they would

Mowbray is proof of that. We drew more than we lost in league under mowbray this season

Now we lose more than we draw i think under slade

Lets change manager now and try win a few before seasons end

Over 10 games Mowbray and Slade have identical points.

Venus was the better manager then according to your logic.

Grendel

Calling Slade a pub manager or non league is pretty dumb. His overall career record is better than a lot of managers we've had.

I guess we shouldn't have just let him take a job on the short term. That ended up with him coming here without his regular support team. All managers I can remember get their back up staff. As a result he just seems to be alone on the bench.

Otis

Calling Slade a pub manager or non league is pretty dumb. His overall career record is better than a lot of managers we've had.

I guess we shouldn't have just let him take a job on the short term. That ended up with him coming here without his regular support team. All managers I can remember get their back up staff. As a result he just seems to be alone on the bench.
Very true.

I don't know why we didn't give him a longer contract. You would have thought he should be the type of manager we would have been looking for, for League Two should we go down.

Terry Gibson's perm

It would have cost to bring in his support staff so was never likely to happen and may have meant that people like Oggy would become surplus and imagine the hassle when he goes.

NorthernWisdom

Very true.

I don't know why we didn't give him a longer contract. You would have thought he should be the type of manager we would have been looking for, for League Two should we go down.
tbf to our owners they've got one thing right, that our fans seem to jump on the manager even if it's a thankless task.

He's got exactly the track record we need for next season, regardless of which division we end up in. Can't see him staying now, though, so we start the merry-go-round again.

Grendel

Very true.

We offered him one he didn't want it. I think he pretty much admitted as such in an interview.

Grendel

It would have cost to bring in his support staff so was never likely to happen and may have meant that people like Oggy would become surplus and imagine the hassle when he goes.

We offered his assistant the job?!

Grendel

But you can make an offer that you know they won't accept so you can say well we tried.

well no. We offered the job and he initially agreed and then turned it down. There was even a Twitter release by the club announcing it was happening

When we say we wouldn't spend the money it wouldn't have cost us anything as much as paying wages for the likes of Yakubu

covcity4life

Over 10 games Mowbray and Slade have identical points.

Venus was the better manager then according to your logic.

Nothing to do with who is better

Point still stabds. Change of manager can help us get some wins on board like when venus took over.

Slade been poor. Time for a new manager. Just like earlier this season.

You have copied and pasted the same post about slade not being s pub manager 18 times in last 2 weeks. You clearly have a soft spot for him.

Terry Gibson's perm

well no. We offered the job and he initially agreed and then turned it down. There was even a Twitter release by the club announcing it was happening

When we say we wouldn't spend the money it wouldn't have cost us anything as much as paying wages for the likes of Yakubu

I would hope we are playing Yakubu very little. Says something that the bloke would rather be out if work than come here (I don't know if he is working or not)

covcity4life

Awful all round.

But slade the worst ppg

Worst if seasoj and maybe worst all time. I mean andy thorn was unbeaten in league 1 lol

On to the next one on to the next one!

rupert_bear

tbf to our owners they've got one thing right, that our fans seem to jump on the manager even if it's a thankless task.

He's got exactly the track record we need for next season, regardless of which division we end up in. Can't see him staying now, though, so we start the merry-go-round again.
Slade is being judged by his record here one league win in eleven games, how can that be defended ? players he brought in no better than what he inherited or unfit. Track record as you say is there for all to see. .

stevefloyd

Not sure these players are a hell of a lot better.

Both keepers are not good enough. Haynes is not a left back by any stretch of the imagination.

Still a question mark over DKE, despite his great endeavour and enthusiasm.

Lameiras is not good enough, nor is Reid, nor is Ghadzhev, nor is Rose. Tudgay is all but past it.

Said before, if we compiled a list of which players we would ideally like to retain, it wouldn't be very big.

Below average keepers, leaky defence, poor midfield, not enough goals up front.

I honestly don't think these players are at all a hell of a lot better than they appear.
Our midfield is shockingly bad, it wasn't great last year but would love to have it back now

afan4life

Mowbray knew it was impossible so did the honourable thing and walked away without a penny
Slade was desperate and took the job but has made things worse...he won't walk away because he will not get another job easily and wants to go to Wembley

Terry Gibson's perm

Mowbray knew it was impossible so did the honourable thing and walked away without a penny
Slade was desperate and took the job but has made things worse...he won't walk away because he will not get another job easily and wants to go to Wembley

Slade can go to Wembley he must have a ticket stub he can use to buy one when ey go on general sale

Reactions: vow

NorthernWisdom

Might not have got to Wembley without Slade...

Can't blame him for the bad things, and not praise him for the good.

steve82

The facts are he came tasked with the job of saving this sorry side. The messiah has failed. I'm sorry.
As for yesterday, it was shambolic for most the game.
Burge... glued to his line... Turnbull baring 2 excellent tackles gave Ajose the freedom of the box along with clarke who looked everything unlike last weeks hero. Andy Rose....I'm glad got replaced at half time, when he's good he's good but when he switches off he is a huge gap in the middle of the park and so much came threw the middle in the first half from him switched off. Foley... wasn't great.... Reilly... nothing to note... Tudgay as deep as ever.
The squad it not up to the job, MV said it to the detriment of the team. We've all said it!
A very sad sorry excuse of a team yesterday, again

glancy89

Today was a real eye opener for me to how bad a manager this clown is! Forget SISU were all know they are vermin! Slade plays the most bizarre team yesterday with zero pace and two donkeys upfront, the bench seemed stronger than the whole team put together. Foley is not a footballer full stop! The tactics of Slade are non-existent just like his touch line coaching or voice on the sidelines! You could see the game slipping away from us after a positive first 10 mins - he did nothing about it - the players clearly dont play for him and the video of Yakubu that has now gone viral is a disgrace and he should hang his boots up now if thats all he is going to contribute! Manager to convince my father in law to come back to the Ricoh yesterday to support the lads and sadly he wont be coming back again! #sisuout #sladeout #goingdownsadly

Users who are viewing this thread