Is today? - Retained List Thread (1 Viewer)

idm1975

It's Tonys accusation "how old are you" that's most amusing.

This from a poster, who like a pre-pubescent school boy accused two posters of disagreeing with him of indulging in homosexual intercourse and reminding them to use "the lube" (snigger snigger round the bikesheds)

Then of course the all time classic of accusing someone of going to Italy of being "ooh Mr international traveller big bollocks"

Thankfully I am not his age.

Idm is just a fool who is trying to latch on to the in crowd - namely the highly mature and adult Tony.
Am i in the in crowd?

skybluetony176

It's Tonys accusation "how old are you" that's most amusing.

This from a poster, who like a pre-pubescent school boy accused two posters of disagreeing with him of indulging in homosexual intercourse and reminding them to use "the lube" (snigger snigger round the bikesheds)

Then of course the all time classic of accusing someone of going to Italy of being "ooh Mr international traveller big bollocks"

Thankfully I am not his age.

Idm is just a fool who is trying to latch on to the in crowd - namely the highly mature and adult Tony.

It wasn't a disagreement it was a blatant lie about what I've said or actually what I haven't said. He was asked to provide a link by admin as even Nick knew it was BS, something he confirmed in a PM by basically admitting if it was something I'd said he would have used it repeatedly as a dig at me. The idiot poster then claimed he "knows what he saw" as if that some how made it true without ever backing it up with a link as requested by admin. So I suggested that it's on the same thread where he admited that he enjoys a certain sexual act with a certain other. Which of course he didn't admit, equally I never said what he claimed I did.

The irony of course being that if he actually did the maths from his own words in his own posts the exact opposite of what he claimed I said is actually true. I started going when we were having our best time's in the premier league. If he'd have called me a glory boy for jumping on the bandwagon when times are good aside from pointing out that I've stuck with the club ever since I wouldn't have had a problem with his claim. The fact that he claims the exact opposite is what makes it such bullshit, aside from the fact that I never said it.

Last edited:
C.Thomas going alone frees up some good wages. Wasn't he on something ridiculous like £8k a week? Glad to see him go...not achieved potential but has been unlucky with injuries. Good luck to him elsewhere though.

Could say the same about Fleck...really want him to stay but would imagine he's also one of the highest earners so would free up some decent wages. I'd be surprised if he stays though. I know a couple of championship clubs enquired in January.

I have found this , it may be of interest sorry it's not upto date but seems to be quite specific so can only presume it is accurate for C Thomas and Fleck.

http://sportsearning.com/2013/04/29/coventry-city-fc-players-salary-list/

Otis

just got in and read the releases. Surprised about Martin but not bothered about the others.

I've a feeling we haven't seen the last of Cargyll.
I was too, but it could it maybe be down to TM being so impressed with Harries that he feels the lad can make the step up and therefore be a much cheaper replacement for Martin?

pipkin73

As far as Martin goes, i am also surprised. Was there not a CT article not long ago about TM saying he has to shout at him to get the best out of him.
If TM feels that he is not self motivated and needs shouting at to get going, then combined with rumored high wages TM will think he can get better.
Maybe to get the best out of him, if he has a poor first half TM has to spend to much of half time shouting at him and stops him giving other players and team as a whole advice/tactics in such a short but critical time.

NorthernWisdom

I don't get all this high wages justification.

If they'e out of contract they're on zero wages, and any offers start from whatever the manager thinks they're worth. As he's releasing them, he clearly thinks they're worth nothing.

(Also surprised at Martin)

higgs

Martin was only back up to reda and ricketts so mogga mustn't have rated him hopefully get Ben Turner and John Egan in on frees now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

pipkin73

I don't get all this high wages justification.

If they'e out of contract they're on zero wages, and any offers start from whatever the manager thinks they're worth. As he's releasing them, he clearly thinks they're worth nothing.

(Also surprised at Martin)

Unless their career is on the way down they are not likley to accept a reduced offer. They will hold out for atleast the same from another team.
If they hold out and the manager is waiting for a decission from the player he can miss out on replacements.
I like what TM has done in a way, either your here or not so he can get on with team rebuilding and not waiting on player(s) to commit whilst looking for a higher wage offer.
Commit to CCFC or go elsewhere. (Could backfire on the odd player but all in all i think the correct way to do it).

chiefdave

Reda Johnson, Conor Thomas, Aaron Martin, Martin Lorentzson, Aaron Phillips, Peter Ramage, Stephen Hunt and Darius Henderson will all be released following the end of their contracts.
Striker Marc-Antoine Fortune has had his contract cancelled immediately to help facilitate the next stage of his career and Joe Cole has already left the club.

I would definitely have kept Martin. I hope its not another falling out. If it is so soon after JOB that would be a worry. Never a good sign when the manager falls out with multiple players.

Think Phillips was worth another year, he can't be on much.

And the opposite is true for Ricketts, he can't be cheap so I don't think we'll be keeping him around to not play.

Hopefully this means we have some very good signings lined up.

pipkin73

I would definitely have kept Martin. I hope its not another falling out. If it is so soon after JOB that would be a worry. Never a good sign when the manager falls out with multiple players.

Think Phillips was worth another year, he can't be on much.

And the opposite is true for Ricketts, he can't be cheap so I don't think we'll be keeping him around to not play.

Hopefully this means we have some very good signings lined up.

I agree with you, i would have liked to keep Martin, poss O'Brien (but it seems TM never wanted him). Phillips dad caused problems as when he was on BBC CWR he always backed his son up (who would not)? but tried to cause doubt on the manager for not playing him. I think Phillips dad had a big head for his son, after he helped win the FA Cup with Cov. Probably better if Phillips asks his dad to back out as he seems to be causing him problems

phildownunder

I was amazed at the Martin decision. We can only assume that either there is some issue between him and TM or he (TM) has some other replacements already in his sights.

rupert_bear

The release of Aaron Martin is a bit of a surprise but suggests to me there are serious irons in the fire centre back wise. I saw Willis have a super game at Walsall two seasons back and believe he can cement his spot in that position given a chance.

tom88

The release of Aaron Martin is a bit of a surprise but suggests to me there are serious irons in the fire centre back wise. I saw Willis have a super game at Walsall two seasons back and believe he can cement his spot in that position given a chance.

I found it a surprise also. I think people are panicking for no reason. Yes Martin was a good player, but lets just wait and see who he brings in..

If we have no defenders by august 6th then we can panic

Nick

Administrator
I found it a surprise also. I think people are panicking for no reason. Yes Martin was a good player, but lets just wait and see who he brings in..

Exactly, he isn't going to just have no defenders is he?

ajsccfc

I know everyone likes a little internet scrap now and then, but the ongoing witless feuds going on in numerous threads are dragging this place down at an alarming rate.

tom88

Exactly, he isn't going to just have no defenders is he?

Agree, Look at last pre season and the gems he signed, this time round we are in a stronger position.

1, Scouting Data base
2, New wage bill with dead wood gone
3, Maddison money (hopefully)
4, Fingers crossed Wilson is sold for big money for another cash windfall (hopefully)
5, finishing the league stronger position, attract better quality players

No Way Back

TM has been ruthless & got rid either where players haven't performed or where he thinks he can get better ones. He did bring in a lot of dross but fair play he's got rid pretty sharpish when they haven't performed.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I actually surprised Mowbray let MAF go bearing in behind he's brought him to nearly every club he's managed
Chris Kirkland has been released, do you think he would come back to Coventry or would you want him back?
I'd imagine wages could be an issue

Last edited:

Kingokings204

I actually surprised Mowbray let MAF go bearing in behind he's brought him to nearly every club he's managed
Chris Kirkland has been released, do you think he would come back to Coventry or would you want him back?
I'd imagine wages could be an issue

I still don't think RCC is the answer. Better than burge for me but is he promotion material, no so sure. Kirkland or someone or that ilk would mop up league 1.

Was definitely a mistake not getting an experienced keeper this season.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

That's what the Blackpool owners said last Summer... ;)

covcity4life

I still don't think RCC is the answer. Better than burge for me but is he promotion material, no so sure. Kirkland or someone or that ilk would mop up league 1.

see rcc save vs oldham? always a scare that kirkland would break his back doing that!

clint van damme

I would have agreed with you up until a couple of months ago but RCC has really come on.

Would still like an experienced keeper to come in alongside him and Kirkland fits the bill. What's his injury record like recently?

ajsccfc

I'm happy with Charles-Cook as our main goalkeeper, particularly now he's got a better idea of what the division's about.

fernandopartridge

I would have agreed with you up until a couple of months ago but RCC has really come on.

Would still like an experienced keeper to come in alongside him and Kirkland fits the bill. What's his injury record like recently?

Why pay wages for a backup keeper who has a horrendous injury record? It doesn't make sense. RCC and Burge are perfectly adequate.

torchomatic

As no_loyalty stated earlier I would imagine we'll see the likes of Phillips end up at Fleetwood. Good luck to them.
Still surprised about Martin. Has Mowbray given any reasons?

torchomatic

I think RCC is a very good keeper and agree he's come on leaps and bounds since he first came in. He's got a season under his belt now too. If he has a settled defence in front of him I think that will also help him. I don't think we need another keeper.

covcity4life

As no_loyalty stated earlier I would imagine we'll see the likes of Phillips end up at Fleetwood. Good luck to them.
Still surprised about Martin. Has Mowbray given any reasons?

jesus people are acting like hes the greatest player to ever pull ont he sky blue shirt!

he got rid because he clearly thinks he can get better

ccfchoi87

jesus people are acting like hes the greatest player to ever pull ont he sky blue shirt!

Over the season he's proven to be our most consistent centre half and arguably our best. We have kept ricketts over him and we will still have to try and sign 2-3 centre backs better than Martin. People questioning that decision are justified but only time will tell as to whether it's the right call.

italiahorse

I was 13 years younger than you when you apparently started turning up for your two games a year when I got a season ticket Tony. By that age I was going to every game.

So you need to actually go to every game to be a Coventry City supporter ?
I couldn't make Sixfields so do I need to reconsider my 49 year supporters status?

My mate David can't physically get there. I need to tell him he's no longer a supporter.

covmark

Are people really acting like that? Seems everyone is saying its a bit surprising, not that he's some Baresi-esque defensive god.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

Yes I remember that early nineties Ac Milan team especially the keeper and defence,Got to be up there with one of the best ever !!!

Users who are viewing this thread