It’s time to say goodbye to Coventry City (4 Viewers)

skybluetony176

So do you think if SISU suddenly spent 10 mill on new players and layed on free coaches to Northampton the fans would stiil stay away?

so do you think if sisu spent £20M on new players, built a stadium on the moon and laid on free rockets to the moon and back the fans would still stay away. lets face it, my scenario is just as likely as yours.

Houdi

So do you think if SISU suddenly spent 10 mill on new players and layed on free coaches to Northampton the fans would stiil stay away?
The club could sign a combined Real Madrid/Barcelona side and I believe or certainly hope that the 80-85% of the fans would still not even consider going to Sixfields, I certainly wouldn't.

pw362

Oh pull yourself together Natalie. Perhaps you have just found other things to do with your life and thats ok. No one has "robbed" anyone of anything. Its really shit going to Sixfields but its where the team play so make your choice. Oh and every other game is away if you cant face Northampton. Plenty of tickets availalble for all the away games left this year...and you know what, the more you wallow in self rightous self pity, the less anyone is bothered.

why do people assume that every city supporter has a choice. I know at least 30 people who can't go. Work or family commitments mean travelling to and from sixfields is just not viable. So IMO they have been 'robbed' of the chance to support the team.

Nick

Administrator
why do people assume that every city supporter has a choice. I know at least 30 people who can't go. Work or family commitments mean travelling to and from sixfields is just not viable. So IMO they have been 'robbed' of the chance to support the team.

It is those who physically can't I feel sorry for.

AndreasB

What are the stats for home games then?

Just under 80% down on last year which in turn was 14% down on the year before and 16% down on the year before that Our last season at the Ricoh which was 70% down on the first year at the Ricoh when we were still in the Championship and way before SISU. Question is have they abandonded us or have we abandoned them in the last 10 years?

AndreasB

Who are these people who dont have cars or the ability to get on a bus? bet half of them managed to get themselves down to Arsenal on a weeknight without too many problems.

SkyBlueSid

I couldn't agree more I hate people like this.

We are all fans of the Club, we all have the same suffering but to go to these extents is just embarrassing if you're going to stop supporting the Club shut up and do it quietly.

In case you hadn't noticed, that is exactly what 90% of us have done.

Sadly, by the time this shower of shite have finished, there will be no club to come back to.

_brian_

so do you think if sisu spent £20M on new players, built a stadium on the moon and laid on free rockets to the moon and back the fans would still stay away. lets face it, my scenario is just as likely as yours.

There's more atmosphere on the moon than at Sixfields!!! LOL! Only joking, if you do go to Sixfields!!! We're all fans at the end of the day no matter what we choose to do in our fight for justice!!!

wingy

Just under 80% down on last year which in turn was 14% down on the year before and 16% down on the year before that Our last season at the Ricoh which was 70% down on the first year at the Ricoh when we were still in the Championship and way before SISU. Question is have they abandonded us or have we abandoned them in the last 10 years?[/QUO

well something s accelerated the absence to double that of 8yrs In one year.

Nick

Administrator
Who are these people who dont have cars or the ability to get on a bus? bet half of them managed to get themselves down to Arsenal on a weeknight without too many problems.

It isn't just that, it is timing. People might need to get back to start work / might not finish work in time. Example is if somebody has to be home because their other half needs to go to work and they need to have the kids. There is an extra 2 hours added onto the matchday experience.

There are a range of days to go at Sixfields though (Sunday, mid week and Saturday)

ccfctommy

What a load of cringy, melodramatic bollocks. If you don't want to support City no more then don't.

I cannot and will not cease supporting my team.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

H

Huckerby

There's more atmosphere on the moon than at Sixfields!!! LOL! Only joking, if you do go to Sixfields!!! We're all fans at the end of the day no matter what we choose to do in our fight for justice!!!

quality

Samo

Agreed, but you are missing the point. I am suggesting that principles are easily tested and everyone has a price. Don't get me wrong, I'd dearly love to think that not one more person would turn up but I'm afraid that just aint human nature! If the Wolves game was a promotion decider do you think we'd see the same attendance as we have? Why did fans not object to lining SISU's pockets v Arsenal. Selective morality.

pw362

Me and the 5 lads I went to games with have to be at work 520 on saturdays and sundays, how are we supposed to do that if we go to sixfields?

torchomatic

Mmm...my Dad can't drive so when we moved from HR to the Ricoh he couldn't get there easily if I didn't take him. There were a couple of times he didn't go when I was working because it was too much hassle getting there. He wasn't "robbed" though, was he? And wherever a ground is it'll always be inconvenient for some. OK, I know moving to a whole new City is a little extreme, and my Dad refuses to go.

torchomatic

Change jobs? Football matches or any event of any kind will never be convenient for 100% of people who want to attend. I'd love to go on the Millennium Wheel but it's in London and is too inconvenient for me. Now, if they put it next to Warwick Castle....

Me and the 5 lads I went to games with have to be at work 520 on saturdays and sundays, how are we supposed to do that if we go to sixfields?

Nick

Administrator

Midweek? Early Kick Off games? Not me being awkward but the 2 oclock game, you could be back in Cov for 4.30.

AndreasB

You do what you can - you cant get to every game but you could get to all night games, 2pm kickoffs etc. What are you doing at 5.20 every weekend? Selling the City Final???

wingy

Agreed, but you are missing the point. I am suggesting that principles are easily tested and everyone has a price. Don't get me wrong, I'd dearly love to think that not one more person would turn up but I'm afraid that just aint human nature! If the Wolves game was a promotion decider do you think we'd see the same attendance as we have? Why did fans not object to lining SISU's pockets v Arsenal. Selective morality.

TBF Arsenal would have sold all tickets If no one from CCFC turned up samo

A better argument would be Barnsley.

A real test as you say would be wolves either to go up or for the PO's.

The early season form kind of pointed to this slightly in terms of a small increase for a while,but not significant .

What it did do however was shield the owners from a lot of Vitriol while SP and the Boys distracted us .

Wonder why they did'nt Invest the LC money and back the guy who kept the heat from them instead of turning It on him.

Samo

TBF Arsenal would have sold all tickets If no one from CCFC turned up samo

A better argument would be Barnsley.

A real test as you say would be wolves either to go up or for the PO's.

The early season form kind of pointed to this slightly in terms of a small increase for a while,but not significant .

What it did do however was shield the owners from a lot of Vitriol while SP and the Boys distracted us .

Wonder why they did'nt Invest the LC money and back the guy who kept the heat from them instead of turning It on him.

Fair points Wingy

Astute

Its fucking sad & attention seeking....that's what it is...

Where was this self-indulgent dross first "published" Nick?

Edit....should've guessed....the CT opinion page

[h=2]The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimmyhillsfanclub For This Useful Post:[/h]
fernandopartridge (3 Hours Ago), Moff (2 Hours Ago), RoboCCFC90 (35 Minutes Ago), stupot07 (41 Minutes Ago), torchomatic (1 Hour Ago)​

It isn't a surprise that we have fans that feel this way. It isn't a surprise that we have some that want to mock their own fans. And it also isn't a shock to see certain people that agree with mocking our own fans.

I suppose we should tell her to man up.

Gint11

Success brings people in of course it does, that does not change that this situation is losing people forever and preventing new fans that you would have had forever.

There is also zero chance of us being top of the league in 2 years and flying under the current owners, not unless that league is the conference.

I never said I think we will be top of the league. My point is, yes we are losing fans because everyone is fed up of the situation, including me, but if somehow SP managed to get a good side together on a shoe string budget and we got in that position and became consistent then fans will flock back. That is my points. At the end of the day we were a very good team up until Leon Clarke left and CW got injured. SP has proved to me that things can happen. He will change bad trends at the club over time.

hill83

It isn't a surprise that we have fans that feel this way. It isn't a surprise that we have some that want to mock their own fans. And it also isn't a shock to see certain people that agree with mocking our own fans.

She could be a fan of whoever, it doesn't even need to be a football fan, anyone who writes an open letter to a newspaper about their poor little selves deserves mocking.

Astute

Mmm...my Dad can't drive so when we moved from HR to the Ricoh he couldn't get there easily if I didn't take him. There were a couple of times he didn't go when I was working because it was too much hassle getting there. He wasn't "robbed" though, was he? And wherever a ground is it'll always be inconvenient for some. OK, I know moving to a whole new City is a little extreme, and my Dad refuses to go.

Do you blame having to move to the Ricoh on the council as it was them that built it? ;)

So your dad don't see as going to a game with his son is a good enough reason to go to Northampton?

AndreasB

good point, i suppose what she is doing is no more self indulgent than the 90% on here, constantly whinging about having their birthright torn away from them etc

torchomatic

No, I blame Bryan Richardson for the totally unnecessary move.

Do you blame having to move to the Ricoh on the council as it was them that built it? ;)

So your dad don't see as going to a game with his son is a good enough reason to go to Northampton?

Astute

She could be a fan of whoever, it doesn't even need to be a football fan, anyone who writes an open letter to a newspaper about their poor little selves deserves mocking.

Poor little selves? She is one out of thousands to feel the same. But she is wrong as she writes a letter?

So some could see as going to Northampton as being selfish. But they had better not mention anything. But if anyone writes a letter they should be open to ridicule?

hill83

Poor little selves? She is one out of thousands to feel the same. But she is wrong as she writes a letter?

So some could see as going to Northampton as being selfish. But they had better not mention anything. But if anyone writes a letter they should be open to ridicule?

Already gone over this. Basically it's cringeworthy bollocks and I'm taking the piss out of it.

DaleM

Oh pull yourself together Natalie. Perhaps you have just found other things to do with your life and thats ok. No one has "robbed" anyone of anything. Its really shit going to Sixfields but its where the team play so make your choice. Oh and every other game is away if you cant face Northampton. Plenty of tickets availalble for all the away games left this year...and you know what, the more you wallow in self rightous self pity, the less anyone is bothered.

When's your protest happening ?

ajsccfc

usual-suspects-line-up.jpg

Astute

good point, i suppose what she is doing is no more self indulgent than the 90% on here, constantly whinging about having their birthright torn away from them etc

You are right. The 10% are right and the 90% are wrong.

Noggin

I never said I think we will be top of the league. My point is, yes we are losing fans because everyone is fed up of the situation, including me, but if somehow SP managed to get a good side together on a shoe string budget and we got in that position and became consistent then fans will flock back. That is my points. At the end of the day we were a very good team up until Leon Clarke left and CW got injured. SP has proved to me that things can happen. He will change bad trends at the club over time.

and my point is that even though success increases number of fans that doesn't change the fact that we are losing people forever and we are losing a generation of fans forever, even if everything turns out brilliant and we get back to the championship and we do well and have 18k people there, we would have more there if this season hadn't happened.

Alot of people will flock back with success, a lot of new people will come with success but some of the people hardcore coventry fans are lost for a long time, some forever and the number of these people is growing all the time. Once you get out the habit of going, once you no longer know the players, once you lose the emotional connection. it's alot harder to win those people back,

Users who are viewing this thread