It’s time to say goodbye to Coventry City (1 Viewer)

Samo

Not as good as the "Never look upon her beautiful face again" post on here.

That was hurting.

Oh Christ I've coloured up again just remembering that!

Nick

Administrator
and my point is that even though success increases number of fans that doesn't change the fact that we are losing people forever and we are losing a generation of fans forever, even if everything turns out brilliant and we get back to the championship and we do well and have 18k people there, we would have more there if this season hadn't happened.

Alot of people will flock back with success, a lot of new people will come with success but some of the people hardcore coventry fans are lost for a long time, some forever and the number of these people is growing all the time. Once you get out the habit of going, once you no longer know the players, once you lose the emotional connection. it's alot harder to win those people back,

And some of these letters / posts can just be for attention (don't ask why). How long have city fans said after we have lost "I am not coming again" to be there the next week.

It is along the lines of a "I am leaving the forum" type post.

I don't think people will ever lose the emotional connection / attachment. I know I couldn't unless there wasn't a club.

You only need to look at italiahorse's post history (sorry to name and shame) :p He won't stop being a supporter I don't think, he still travels to away games, but he just goes on and on about not supporting us any more.

Snozz_is_god

I couldn't agree more I hate people like this.

We are all fans of the Club, we all have the same suffering but to go to these extents is just embarrassing if you're going to stop supporting the Club shut up and do it quietly.

Everyone has a right to voice their opinions, in the best way they feel fit, just like I'm doing here here.

So stop being so condescending and if you think Natalie should do it quietly, then the same should be applied to you.

torchomatic

usual-suspects-line-up.jpg

L-R: Grendel, RFC, Andreas, Fernando, Joy

fernandopartridge

why are you asking me about something you don't care about ?, no wonder sisu can totaly take the piss out of us, when so called fellows supporters, rip into other fans who are feeling down about how our club has been ripped apart by sisu, you reap what you sow mr Partridge.

I don't wallow in self pity despite being as fucked off as anybody else.

torchomatic

Come on, be strong. Bite your lip, those tears will soon dry.

You are right. The 10% are right and the 90% are wrong.

RoboCCFC90

Everyone has a right to voice their opinions, in the best way they feel fit, just like I'm doing here here.

So stop being so condescending and if you think Natalie should do it quietly, then the same should be applied to you.

What does Natalie want, sympathy or a round of applause, sorry but there is none here, I respect that everyone has a right to voice there opinion in whatever way they see fit, but let's be honest this article is just a means of attention seeking and it's silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

It is pretty nauseating.

What does Natalie want, sympathy or a round of applause, sorry but there is none here, I respect that everyone has a right to voice there opinion in whatever way they see fit, but let's be honest this article is just a means of attention seeking and it's silly.

torchomatic

DaleM

Coventry City and dangerous city road junction - Coventry Telegraph Letters for March 18

Re: The Fans’ Zone article from Tom Lowe (Telegraph, March 13). To paraphrase a quote from William Shakespeare’s, Hamlet, “The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks”.

The latest tactic by the boycotters is no longer to accuse loyal supporters, who only want to watch their football team play at Sixfields, of being stupid, selfish or unprincipled, but to feign boredom and disinterest and a falling out of love with their club of many years.

We are to believe they would prefer to watch Leamington, Nuneaton, the Sphinx, Coventry Blaze or Coventry Ladies. Really Tom? Pull the other one, if you are sincerely disinterested, stop writing columns in the Telegraph and going on the guest spot on CWR’s phone-in, telling us all about it!

If any boycotters are genuine, just go to your newfound activity and stop telling the world all about it. You are not influencing me into not supporting the club I have loved for 50 years and a little silence from all the boycotters would be much appreciated, but I don’t suppose we’ll get it.

The Telegraph’s story last Monday, whereby the Football League purported to want answers, only reiterated the FL’s position last August.

The purchase of land to build a new stadium is an on-going process and the club has not failed to honour an undertaking to the FL.

In fact the FL have been kept fully informed of the club’s plans and are satisfied with the progress made. The FL is not making any further demands on the club whatsoever.

A “watched kettle never boils”, we will find out where the new stadium will be at the right time. I am content to wait and see.

Peter Chambers,

Frankton Avenue,

Styvechale

She should just get on with it like this bloke .....:whistle:

RoboCCFC90

It is pretty nauseating.

It's very nauseating...

Do we know if Natalie has bothered attending games this season?

Noggin

And some of these letters / posts can just be for attention (don't ask why). How long have city fans said after we have lost "I am not coming again" to be there the next week.

It is along the lines of a "I am leaving the forum" type post.

I don't think people will ever lose the emotional connection / attachment. I know I couldn't unless there wasn't a club.

You only need to look at italiahorse's post history (sorry to name and shame) :p He won't stop being a supporter I don't think, he still travels to away games, but he just goes on and on about not supporting us any more.

People will lose the emotional connection, I've had season tickets at both the rugby and ice hockey for years in a row. Loved the clubs but once you get out the habit of going and all the players change and then you stop regularly checking results, eventually the connection goes or at least seriously weakens. My plan was to go the hockey again this season since there was no football, but even with nothing else todo I havn't and I don't even know how the Blaze are doing.

I kinda agree with the rest of the post, I'm not really sure its about attention though, in that moment people do think they are giving up, but if your going to the effort of telling people you've lost your connection then you probably havn't and at this point in time most the people who feel they won't go again would do so if we were under new owners next year. The longer this goes on though the more chance you have of losing people forever and the greater number of people this happens too.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Agree with this bit.

Coventry City and dangerous city road junction - Coventry Telegraph Letters for March 18

Re: The Fans’ Zone article from Tom Lowe (Telegraph, March 13). To paraphrase a quote from William Shakespeare’s, Hamlet, “The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks”.

The latest tactic by the boycotters is no longer to accuse loyal supporters, who only want to watch their football team play at Sixfields, of being stupid, selfish or unprincipled, but to feign boredom and disinterest and a falling out of love with their club of many years.

We are to believe they would prefer to watch Leamington, Nuneaton, the Sphinx, Coventry Blaze or Coventry Ladies. Really Tom? Pull the other one, if you are sincerely disinterested, stop writing columns in the Telegraph and going on the guest spot on CWR’s phone-in, telling us all about it!

If any boycotters are genuine, just go to your newfound activity and stop telling the world all about it. You are not influencing me into not supporting the club I have loved for 50 years and a little silence from all the boycotters would be much appreciated, but I don’t suppose we’ll get it.

Peter Chambers,

Frankton Avenue,

Styvechale

She should just get on with it like this bloke .....:whistle:

hill83

She's just saying how she personally feels, that's her perogative , we all are different in how we express ourselves.

I prefer to go to broadgate in my pants and express myself through the medium of interpretive dance.

Houdi

What does RoboCCFC90 want, sympathy or a round of applause, sorry but there is none here, I respect that everyone has a right to voice there opinion in whatever way they see fit, but let's be honest this post is just a means of attention seeking and it's silly.

hill83

What does RoboCCFC90 want, sympathy or a round of applause, sorry but there is none here, I respect that everyone has a right to voice there opinion in whatever way they see fit, but let's be honest this post is just a means of attention seeking and it's silly.

Anonymous person on an internet message board.
Name up in lights in a local newspaper.

That's the same.

Samo

Robo hasn't written a love letter to a dying football club to be fair!

RoboCCFC90

RoboCCFC90 wants people to actually have some self respect, let's be honest we are all disillusioned, upset and frustrated with the current situation, its also something that no fan has any control over, but there is a way to do things and I am sorry but the article in the Cov Telegraph is pathetic, the article highlights how some are feeling yes, but the fact it's been published on the website is just attention seeking and pathetic, if people can't carry on supporting the Club for whatever reason, fine, but get a grip and go quietly with your self respect in a good condition.

bigfatronssba

Cba to read all the posts on here, the first few was enough.

Branding fans as "attention seekers" for expressing their opinion on the telegraph opinion page (wtf do you think the opinion page is for?) who are clearly losing their love for ccfc is very shortsighted.

I did a similar thread about apathy amongst city fans, at which point several posters of a sisu learning persuasion ignored most of what I wrote to brand me as someone unwilling to listen to others opinions. The thread was eventually closed by the mods (for reasons of which I'm still awaiting an explanation, Nick?).

As I said in that, keep mocking those who are losing their passion for the club if you want, by laughing at them your just driving them away even further. However the last laugh will be on you, as without the 15k missing souls your club will soon cease to exist.

Nick

Administrator
I haven't had any PM with any questions? If you can send it over I will be happy to reply.

"your club"?

torchomatic

"Our" club, surely?

Branding fans as "attention seekers" for expressing their opinion on the telegraph opinion page (wtf do you think the opinion page is for?) who are clearly losing their love for ccfc is very shortsighted.

I did a similar thread about apathy amongst city fans, at which point several posters of a sisu learning persuasion ignored most of what I wrote to brand me as someone unwilling to listen to others opinions. The thread was eventually closed by the mods (for reasons of which I'm still awaiting an explanation, Nick?).

As I said in that, keep mocking those who are losing their passion for the club if you want, by laughing at them your just driving them away even further. However the last laugh will be on you, as without the 15k missing souls your club will soon cease to exist.

Houdi

Anonymous person on an internet message board.
Name up in lights in a local newspaper.

That's the same.
So perhaps you can inform us what medium is acceptable or not, and what topics are now acceptable or not. Is local radio ok or a no go, E-Mails?? Do you castigate Pete Chambers for his constant letters, or almost weekly radio cameos. If not why not.

ajsccfc

When you categorise people you disagree with as leaning towards sisu, you can't really accuse them of ignoring points being made.

torchomatic

And he's increasingly categorising.

When you categorise people you disagree with as leaning towards sisu, you can't really accuse them of ignoring points being made.

Samo

Personally I'd prefer a little less crying and staring forlornly into the middle distance and a bit more 'fuck them all, it's my club and I'm seeing this fucker through!'

Users who are viewing this thread