Jay DaSilva Signs! (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

If I started somewhere and everyone misspelled my name despite claiming to support me my performances would probably drop off too :p

SkyblueTexan

Think he’s got one hell of a task on his hands to win his place back! Bidwell has been superb last two matches
Agree Bidwell has been key to our solidity at the back the last 3 games. Equally important were the decisions to drop Wilson and Fadz I think who’ve been quite poor, especially recently. Think Binks has played well whenever he’s been given the opportunity. Same for Lati. If we can have more options in midfield come Jan, that would help. Definitely need more goals from midfield as I’m still not sold on the forwards. Also can anyone deliver set pieces? We are not making any use of our corners and free kicks.

David O'Day

Thought DaSilva was very good yesterday. Impressed by him further up the pitch.
He was good, good against Wednesday.

We can be useful against sides where we will see a lot of the ball or sides that will try and play football against us.

Grendel

No doubt the normal whiners will drone on about hate and implied racism but can someone explain why we signed this guy and more importantly on such a long deal when he hardly seemed in demand.

We are stuck with him and he’s a total turkey

SBT

No doubt the normal whiners will drone on about hate and implied racism but can someone explain why we signed this guy and more importantly on such a long deal when he hardly seemed in demand.

Don’t see the need for a four-year deal myself, but it seems to be the policy under DK to give four-year deals at a minimum to every new signing, unless they would turn 30 before the end of the contract.

messiahrobins

One of the worse left backs ive seen at the club in over 40 years of watching. Truly dreadful. He cannot defend. He is far too small so gets targeted every match. Doesnt offer anything in terms of consistent high quality crosses. His main attribute seems to be he can make quick small sideways passes in tight spaces. Not really the main requirements of a LB/LWB though.

Terry Gibson's perm

Unless somebody can stretch Da silva and add some pace then he isn’t going to be good enough.

Hincha

Not to get all Dabo CDM about it but I think Da Silva needs a position change. He’s a good footballer but too much of a liability defensively to be a LB/LWB.

Think he needs to be a LM who we bring on to see out the game or as a wildcard maybe retrain as a box to box LCM.

Otis

Not to get all Dabo CDM about it but I think Da Silva needs a position change. He’s a good footballer but too much of a liability defensively to be a LB/LWB.

Think he needs to be a LM who we bring on to see out the game or as a wildcard maybe retrain as a box to box LCM.
Yeah, he definitely has some degree of skill and his passing and movement aren't bad.

Trouble is, we bought him in as a defender.

I think he HAS to be played further up the pitch or not at all.

Marty

Yeah, he definitely has some degree of skill and his passing and movement aren't bad.

Trouble is, we bought him in as a defender.

I think he HAS to be played further up the pitch or not at all.

Has to be not at all then, although Wright isn't amazing, he's way ahead of Dasilva in that position and we still have EMC to come in. Dasilva really needs to find a new club.

mark82

He's played 162 games at Championship level. You'd expect much better to be honest given the time he's spent at this level. Are we using him differently to Bristol City? Don't think the switch to back 4 helped him but needs to be able to adapt.

Users who are viewing this thread