Jay DaSilva Signs! (1 Viewer)

higgs

I'd prefer one of the kelly Evans twins st left back rather than da silva

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Grendel

She looks about 14 here 😬

Catweazle Ottowaalkes GIF by TOBIS Film

Sky Blue Harry H

If we are to have a squad, da Silva is more than adequate for that area of the pitch. My main reservation about him is his size defensively.

Grendel

If we are to have a squad, da Silva is more than adequate for that area of the pitch. My main reservation about him is his size defensively.

He will be on high wages and was signed as first choice. Bidwell won’t be staying and we will probably try and offload in January

Sky Blue Harry H

He will be on high wages and was signed as first choice. Bidwell won’t be staying and we will probably try and offload in January
Agreed G - I'd be picking Bidwell over da Silva. Just don't think da Silva is that bad, just more vulnerable defensively (PNEs equaliser being a prime example)

fatso

Agreed G - I'd be picking Bidwell over da Silva. Just don't think da Silva is that bad, just more vulnerable defensively (PNEs equaliser being a prime example)
I think he's been harshly criticised for the goal at PNE, he's only 3 foot tall but managed to get a defensive header away when being challenged by a far taller player.

Yes, the header fell on the edge of our area, but It's hardly his fault that a Preston player was loitering there, completely free and with the time to control the ball and pick his spot with no city player even in the same post code!

fernandopartridge

I think he's been harshly criticised for the goal at PNE, he's only 3 foot tall but managed to get a defensive header away when being challenged by a far taller player.

Yes, the header fell on the edge of our area, but It's hardly his fault that a Preston player was loitering there, completely free and with the time to control the ball and pick his spot with no city player even in the same post code!
Come on, it's basic defending. You don't head the ball back into danger.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

He should have headed for a corner

stupot07

I think yesterday showed that Bidwell is decent in the attacking third. People see 'attacking' as someone who can carry the ball and take people on, in Dasilva's case he often slows the game down or checks back. Bidwell busts a gut to get in the overlap and run on to a ball and looks to cross first time, getting the ball in before the defense has got back goal side and in shape. Much harder to defend against, and all bar 1 cross were decent.

Fitness wise he is an absolute machine.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Marty

Could have put it anywhere else but dropped it to the edge of the box in the danger. Its basic stuff and you'd get a bollocking at Sunday league level for that kind of defending.

Terry Gibson's perm

He’s here because he’s ex Chelsea and comes with a special recommendation, Bidwell is better, it’s about time somebody took Adi’s little black book of ex Chelsea players off him and put it in the bin.

Sky Blue Harry H

but managed to get a defensive header away when being challenged by a far taller player.

Don't wholly disagree, but as soon as the ball was crossed in, I looked at the player coming in at the far post against him, and thought 'mismatch' physically. He did well to get a header, but in his own penalty area/6 yard box he is always going to be more vulnerable than someone with a Stuart Pearce type of stature. For that matter, particularly in the first half yesterday, Ii was getting twitchy at Stoke pinging the ball over Latibeaudiere's head from the diagonal (albeit he dealt with it well, overall)

Grendel

Think they wanted him off the books due to their overall wage bill.

We wanted to sign him in January and they were happy to get rid but wanted to sign a Wimbledon left back and that fell through

Like Palmer he was on crazy money at Bristol

Grendel

I hope you've got a new Bidwell doll on order, your existing one must be in tatters after yesterday

Humble pie for tea last night?

Sky Blue Harry H

and yet him and Palmer are 2 of sky blue talk’s favourites
I don't think either of them are poor players. Palmer - the main concern is his regular breaks from injury. He is a talented footballer, yet I understand why he frustrates some, as he is a bit of a maverick. If we are struggling to create anything, he is a useful asset. That said, anybody who isn't playing regularly will have a finger pointed at them, as regards to the wage bill. In a squad of 20 odd players, fans will always be knocking a good few of them.

Grendel

I don't think either of them are poor players. Palmer - the main concern is his regular breaks from injury. He is a talented footballer, yet I understand why he frustrates some, as he is a bit of a maverick. If we are struggling to create anything, he is a useful asset. That said, anybody who isn't playing regularly will have a finger pointed at them, as regards to the wage bill. In a squad of 20 odd players, fans will always be knocking a good few of them.
They are both poor signings

We’ve had what Dabo, Wakefield, Da silva, Palmer and Collins who have once been at Chelsea

Other than Dabo in L1 and first championship season they’ve not justified their signings

Torquay Sky Blue

They are both poor signings

We’ve had what Dabo, Wakefield, Da silva, Palmer and Collins who have once been at Chelsea

Other than Dabo in L1 and first championship season they’ve not justified their signings
We've become a sanctuary for ex average Chelsea players

Users who are viewing this thread