Jim O'Brien (1 Viewer)

ladywoodskyblue

Wouldn't expect him to get a good reception surely? He abandoned ship at key point last season.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not interested in him wasn't very interested when he played for us, I hope that Mowbray will be looking to make use of his lack of positional discipline

hill83

He'll probably get a handjob at half time as we love a tryer.

Run Jim run. Don't stop.

ladywoodskyblue

I think ultimately Jim should have been professional enough to deal with squad rotation. Jim was a good player against the right sort of team but often went missing through the game. Never looked really threatening in my opinion.

Grendel

Always think the best action is to just do nothing. Neither applaud or boo.

There is a cloud over him leaving us, so would expect some to boo for sure.

What cloud? Mowbrays attempt to deflect from one of many stupid errors by slagging a players attitude? Unprofessional by Mowbray - if we'd kept JOB we'd have crossed the play off line

bawtryneal

A
What cloud? Mowbrays attempt to deflect from one of many stupid errors by slagging a players attitude? Unprofessional by Mowbray - if we'd kept JOB we'd have crossed the play off line

He was not a team player. All he cared about was himself and my understanding is there was great unrest in the dressing room due to his selfish attitude. That's why TM shipped him out.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Some of his assists for Armstrong last season were superb.

I Liked the guy no issues at all with him, was harshly treated IMO, it was the beginning of the end for him after that error in losing his man at home to Walsall they equalised & that was it for him.

Good player at this level I'm sure he will be out to prove a point Saturday & I wouldn't be surprised to see him do it.

hill83

Bet there will be a few hoping he scores against us to be 'proved correct'. What a predicament.

Grendel

Jim O'Brien not a team player... Can't believe what I'm reading here. Coventry fans wouldn't know a good player if he kicked them in the teeth.

Mowbray said he wasn't - must be true

hill83

Jim O'Brien not a team player... Can't believe what I'm reading here. Coventry fans wouldn't know a good player if he kicked them in the teeth.

I actually quite liked the bloke as a player for us, but the love in for an ex player makes me cringe.

chiefdave

I wouldn't boo a former player, well not unless they'd had a pop at us after leaving but I don't really get the love in some fans have for ex-players. Clapping if they score and that kind of thing.

If its someone who was here a while or had a big impact and they acknowledge the city fans before or after a game then they might get a quick clap but that's as much as they'd get from me.

christonabike

Your all Cunts! He was unhappy so decided he wanted to move nearer home. He was well over due a hernia operation by 2 years so moved and guess what? He went away and within a few games of man of the match he was injured as he needed................

ConnorDevine

Very surprised about the negative thoughts towards him, he was brilliant for us last season I though, fought hard and never gave up, he dragged us through the Peterborough game, we were dead and gone until he came on and he did that throughout his Coventry career.

Agree he wasn't a club icon or anything for us but he gave 100% whilst weve been at our lowest and I always appreciated that about him

coop

The one thing he will do is not give any of our players time and by the looks of it he will be playing against Haynes. He will leave space for us to exploit tho as he does run around like a headless chicken.

Nick

Administrator
I'd wind him up and make him cry.

It was passion when he was here, but as he doesn't play for us he is going to be a whiny little girl.

Kick him, tell him he is shit, call him names, clip his heels and watch him lose the plot.

Otis

Okay, all encompassing Oracle.

He went under a cloud. None of us know the actual truth of what happened.

Won't stop you from conclusion jumping though of course and having a definitive answer. ;)

Yours is just an opinion, same as everyone else.

We don't know what went on and we have absolutely no idea whether we would have made the playoffs with him in the side. Absolutely no idea at all......

Don't let that stop you though. ;)

Old Warwickshire lad

Work with a Shrewsbury fan says Obrien was kin useless on sat, ran around like a headless chicken.
Oh and Deegan was busy moving from side to side.:):):):)

Users who are viewing this thread