Joe Murphy (1 Viewer)

FRY-CCFC

Joined Chesterfield on an emergency loan. Would love him back in the summer.

Nick

Administrator
Watch him single handedly win them the playoffs, penno saves and everything!

Clive Bleakin

His contribution was slightly overlooked when some said that we lost 50 goals through Clarke and Wilson, but I think he saved 20/25 goals...easy.

johnwillomagic

Yep he was very good for us ......he did have some critics which I found odd don't think they went to games at times judging by some comments.
Maybe people compared him to Westwood who was fantastic.....that being said Murphy not too far behing him imo.

If we could get him and have Burge as back up would be good is he not still under contract at Huddersfield though?

ptr

He was highly underrated and I've said it before on here it's Becuase he wasn't Westwood. Solid league 1 keeper always talking to back four would love to have him back. Was caught off his line a fair few times though

torchomatic

I liked Joe Murphy and I think we were the perfect club for him. I think his decision to go to Huddersfield was a mistake but I'm sure he was paid well.

ptr

I liked Joe Murphy and I think we were the perfect club for him. I think his decision to go to Huddersfield was a mistake but I'm sure he was paid well.

Think after some stressful seasons with us with a shocking defence making him look bad at times made him think, you know what I'm gonna relax next year and get paid to sit on the bench why not

Sick Boy

He was a quality keeper for us. Can't believe how there were calls for Dunn to get a game over him

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I was always a critic of his. Everytime we were linked with him while under contract at Scunny I hated the thought of him being our number one, especially given that we were a championship side at the time.

However, I was gutted when we didn't give him a new contract last summer and would love to have him back, however unlikely that is though!

I'm definately a Joe Murphy Convert!

D

Deleted member 4439

Doesn't seem right to be able to bring in loan players for the playoffs.

kg82

Doesn't seem right to be able to bring in loan players for the playoffs.

I think emergency loans are allowed through the season and I know their keeper had to play with an injury for 20 mins the other night. They also said for the last few games they haven't had a keeper on the bench, so I don't know if their back up keeper's injured too?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think emergency loans are allowed through the season and I know their keeper had to play with an injury for 20 mins the other night. They also said for the last few games they haven't had a keeper on the bench, so I don't know if their back up keeper's injured too?

Yep, there back up keepers are inured as well. They've been given special dispensation to sign a keeper.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No emergency loan window is closed now, they were given special permission in accordance with the loan rules to sign a keeper as all there professional keepers are injured. The loan is only 7 days long, it can be renewed for another 7 days should all the other keepers still be injured. So he can't play in the final should they get there unless all the other keepers remain injured.

kg82

No emergency loan window is closed now, they were given special permission in accordance with the loan rules to sign a keeper as all there professional keepers are injured. The loan is only 7 days long, it can be renewed for another 7 days should all the other keepers still be injured. So he can't play in the final should they get there unless all the other keepers remain injured.

Ah. That seems fair. I hope their number 1 recovers though, should they get to the final. Lee, isn't it? Think he used to play for Watford? I might be wrong

Think I've got the wrong guy actually! This one use to drum in Motley Crüe!

Last edited:

stupot07

I would have him back, but The way Burge has improved (bar 1 or 2 moments) over the last 2-3 months, he probably deserves an extended run as number one. We just need to get the midfield and defensive unit tighter and more consistent which will give Burge confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

LJC_CCFC

I would have him back, but The way Burge has improved (bar 1 or 2 moments) over the last 2-3 months, he probably deserves an extended run as number one. We just need to get the midfield and defensive unit tighter and more consistent which will give Burge confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Were you at the Crewe game? I'd be more inclined to send him out on loan, get an experienced keeper in and allow RCC a run in the cup and JPT games. More of a prospect imo.

stupot07

Were you at the Crewe game? I'd be more inclined to send him out on loan, get an experienced keeper in and allow RCC a run in the cup and JPT games. More of a prospect imo.

Yes I was at the Crewe game hence why I said in brackets bar 1 or 2 moments, he's improved at lot. If we brought in a number 2, Burge would likely be kept on the bench and CRC would be sent out on loan, so Burge won't progress. Tbh I don't care either way, just think money could be better spent elsewhere. Having an experienced keeper (and I was a if Joe Murphy fan) didn't stop us conceding 77 league goals the other season.

LJC_CCFC

Yes I was at the Crewe game hence why I said in brackets bar 1 or 2 moments, he's improved at lot. If we brought in a number 2, Burge would likely be kept on the bench and CRC would be sent out on loan, so Burge won't progress. Tbh I don't care either way, just think money could be better spent elsewhere. Having an experienced keeper (and I was a if Joe Murphy fan) didn't stop us conceding 77 league goals the other season.

That was more down to the fact that Christie and Adams (and Willis when deployed at LB) were poor defensively and Clarke, Webster and Seabourne were awful. I can't recollect many individual errors from Murph. There will surely be better keepers available for next to nothing. Richard O'Donnell is out of contract at Walsall having had a great season.

torchomatic

I always kinda hoped that Joe would come back here.

skybluepm2

Poor that from Murphy, goin away from goal

Very surprising to see him make that challenge. Great pen though! Would love an attacking midfielder who scored 27 goals!

On another note, so many empty seats at PNE. Ricoh would be sold out if we were ever lucky enough to reach the play offs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread