skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
Another decent signing. I’m enjoying this transfer window. I know the signings aren’t coming quick enough (edit, for some) but they’ve all been good signings so far.

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Oct 12, 2015
Need another 2 good championship quality centre backs. One possibly on loan. Then a 3rd young one we can develop. At the moment doesnt seem too much coming through the academy.

Happy_Martian

Jan 1, 2013
That’s absolutely right
All permanent signings are first team too

Just goes to show what Robins has been doing on a shoestring budget all these years. Open the wallet a bit and he's like a kid in a toy store :)

Londonccfcfan

Oct 12, 2015
Need more than that really if playing three at the back, that wouldn't really cover injuries and suspensions.

I think;
Mcfadz
Labautediere
2 more top centre backs 1 perm/1 loan
1 young one. To develop is enough.

As I think Bidwell can cover. may not get game time At LWB.

5 centre backs and Bidwell to cover I think is enough.

That maybe a bit light you reckon?

Balli001

Aug 4, 2022
I think;
Mcfadz
Labautediere
2 more top centre backs 1 perm/1 loan
1 young one. To develop is enough.

As I think Bidwell can cover. may not get game time At LWB.

5 centre backs and Bidwell to cover I think is enough.

That maybe a bit light you reckon?
Get both centre backs from Burnley for hamer and that makes it a bit better

• Wow
Reactions: fatso

Speedie's Head

Jul 24, 2021
25 players plus GKs makes a full senior squad for the EFL I think. I wonder if we can manage it this season.

Robinshio

Jul 13, 2022
we also need some top quality loans
if we can get some real quality , that will be the difference between mid table and play offs

Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

fatso

Jun 19, 2017
Get both centre backs from Burnley for hamer and that makes it a bit better
Fuck that, Hamer is worth way more than the 2 centre halves that have been mentioned.

Hamer is the very heart beat of the team, I wouldn't want to see him go, certainly not for 2 defenders that they didn't see as good enough for the championship last year.
And I don't care how much money they throw at the deal.

Speedie's Head

Jul 24, 2021
Fuck that, Hamer is worth way more than the 2 centre halves that have been mentioned.

Hamer is the very heart beat of the team, I wouldn't want to see him go, certainly not for 2 defenders that they didn't see as good enough for the championship last year.

Cash only!

Reactions: letsallsingtogether

Balli001

Aug 4, 2022

Didn't say a straight swap did I? Hamer is going and it'd about getting the best deal. Mcnally is clearly good enough. You are in the let him go for free camp I suspect.

Speedie's Head

Jul 24, 2021
So no mcnally? interesting take
The cash gives us choice over any CB that's going. I don't know what the choice is but they'll value McNally high in such a deal, £4m? McNally on loan for another season, sure.

Last edited:

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry

I think they are talking 2 cb's plus cash. Not just a straight swap.

JulianDarbyFTW

Aug 3, 2011
I'm fully aware that I'm going to sound like I've got a stick shoved right up my arse when I say this, but from the new player interviews we seem to be signing people who are sensible, intelligent, dedicated, and enthusiastic characters who can fit in with our team spirit and bring a bit of drive and ambition with them. Much prefer that to the process of some clubs who just sign random 'good' players who end up being a bit chavvy and wanky and all round bad eggs.

Balli001

Aug 4, 2022
The cash gives us choice over any CB that's going. I don't know what the choice is but they'll value McNally high in such a deal, £4m? McNally on loan for another season, sure.
We already have cash for centre backs. Mcnally is proven at our club however

Users who are viewing this thread