Journalist shares hilarious abuse from online trolls (1 Viewer)

Monners

Did anyone else pick up on his pronunciation of skysbluesince...it sounded like he said Sky Blues ince instead of Sky Blue Since....

Just a mute point...
Just to llick you up on this WM - Its moot, not mute

ajsccfc

BH7SXyY.png

This is so good

Captain Dart

SkyBlue_Bear83

By "spoke" do you mean that he would shit on him until he had enough, then he would do it again?
Yea was funny to say the least

Gilbert started it by personally attacking reda because johnson said he said he didn't like the CET. Then he started going on how nothing scares him because he grew up in canley.
Then canley Gilbert was grovelling to Johnson after saying fair play big man.

Moff

That is probably the most cringeworthy thing I have seen for many years. Good job his mum was with him to laugh at what an utter bell end he is. Canley my arse, more like Westwood Heath.

Has the paper not get anything better to do with one of its journalists (and I say that in the broadest sense) Surely he has an exclusive on a mans hat blowing off in Radford or some other equally ground breaking news.

Nick

Administrator
That is probably the most cringeworthy thing I have seen for many years. Good job his mum was with him to laugh at what an utter bell end he is. Canley my arse, more like Westwood Heath.

Has the paper not get anything better to do with one of its journalists (and I say that in the broadest sense) Surely he has an exclusive on a mans hat blowing off in Radford or some other equally ground breaking news.

No, he's been watching people buy tickets today.

fernandopartridge

No, they've actually pissed on their own parade by falling out with the club as the club were the main reason most people click on the CT website, there is virtually no actual news on there.

Moff

No, he's been watching people buy tickets today.

His finger is right on the pulse. He is living the dream.

I cant wait for the breaking news,
Five things that people wore in the queue
Five drinks the fans drank in the queue
Five most popular names in the queue
Five rejection letters Simon Gilbert got from other papers when they saw his portfolio.;)

Last edited:

ajsccfc

It's a weird site. When you click on Coventry News you get something about Halfords offering MOTs after some trial in Crawley, a story about Jack The Ripper (related story: West Orchards car park had big queues) and something about how you are technically breaking the law if you pay by card at a drive-through. Not exactly the local news you'd hope to see.

Skybluesince82

This actually makes me laugh - the irony of it all. Firstly he couldn't figure out my name (some wordsmith...), and secondly he refers to himself in the third person in his headline and in the first paragraph or so of article which he wrote.
The irony is everyone genuinely thinks he's a prick and laughs at him, whilst he thinks it's great because people are talking about him.... everyone's a winner. OSB made the point that it isn't about the news anymore, it's about the journalist. Why does he (and Andy Turner) think we want to watch a video of them talking? Just write your crap self-serving wind-up article and be dumb with it.

Sterling Archer

I actually feel sorry for him now (but not for the reasons I'm guessing he presumes).

What an obnoxious, narcissistic weirdo.

What was his username on here again?

cloughie

All I can say is what a weak pathetic person who can produce that without the same public arena and publicity of a right of reply.
It is so easy to mock from a distance without an even right of reply.
Shows such a lack of professionalism and credability

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
This actually makes me laugh - the irony of it all. Firstly he couldn't figure out my name (some wordsmith...), and secondly he refers to himself in the third person in his headline and in the first paragraph or so of article which he wrote.
The irony is everyone genuinely thinks he's a prick and laughs at him, whilst he thinks it's great because people are talking about him.... everyone's a winner. OSB made the point that it isn't about the news anymore, it's about the journalist. Why does he (and Andy Turner) think we want to watch a video of them talking? Just write your crap self-serving wind-up article and be dumb with it.

To be fair it isn't just Gilbert & Turner & CT you can point a finger at Reid & Cov Observer just as well. There is a battle going on between the two papers and the journalists involved and much of the coverage actually does none of them any credit in my opinion. Some of what has gone on I find childish especially some of the twitter stuff. It is not about which paper/journalist got it first, whose opinion is better, whose ego is biggest, who won most prizes or sold most books or the supposed sources of these "scoops" or which side of the fence they sit........ just find out what is really going on, investigate, write it in understandable, accurate, supported words, and focus on the issues...... hell I can handle the headlines if the content is good and not about self promotion. The journalist should not be more important than the story surely?

Just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread