Key League One fixtures (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

If you look back at my posts 3 months ago if your bored I said Wigan will be our biggest threat , I still also maintain we will finish top 2 with them

shmmeee

Some Yam Yam just beat me 3-2 in the final second as Walsall on FIFA, so I'll take them losing.

Could be a lot worse, still in the top 6, touching distance of the top 3 if we win our game in hand.

clint van damme

Burton and Wigan looked nailed on for the automatic spots imho.

I think now we have to solidify our position in the top 6. Looking at the play off places right now i'd be happy for 3rd-6th to finish exactly as they are, i'd take a play off semi final against Gillingham in a heartbeat.

Burton, yes. but I'm not convinced about Wigan.

Otis

If you look back at my posts 3 months ago if your bored I said Wigan will be our biggest threat , I still also maintain we will finish top 2 with them
But if you believe Wigan will finish top 2, that means we will have to make up 11 points on Burton. That is a huge huge gap.

They play Southend on Monday. If they win that they will be 14 points clear of us. Surely that would be unassailable.

14 points would be a swing of 5 wins for us, while they in turn would need to lose 5.

To be quite honest, I have all but given up on catching Burton, because we have to hope for a mammoth collapse.

If Burton go 14 points clear will you change your mind about our catching them?

shmmeee

That's the kind of run we need to go on to stand any chance of auto's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Fleetwood (H)
Barnsley (A)
Rochdale (H)
Shrewsbury (A)
Blackpool (A)
Swindon (H)
P'boro (A)
Colchester (H)

That's our best chance, 7 wins there. I can't see us doing it in the April games.

stupot07

I agree Otis, I can't see us catching Burton either. Even now 11 points ahead, it's a huge ask. They will have to have a monumental failure of a run for that to happen, and just can't see that happening to them. They're the best defensive unit in the league, and core of a team that have been together for a few years and have the momentum / experience of getting over the finishing line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

BackRoomRummermill

They are due a mammoth run of draws , they will fade away just like a horse in a race that falters on the final furlong

watch this space and watch out for piles

SkyBlue_Bear83

Barnsley on a great run but can see them falling short, they can't keep it up till the end of the season. Sheffield Utd are pretty crap and can't see them making the play offs. I thought Peterborough and Bradford would be the biggest threats to the top 6, still maintain Bradford are but Peterborough seem to be dropping off.

Gonna be hard to peg Wigan now back but its more than doable, don't think Walsall will be a top 2 threat for much longer under O'Driscoll. Gillingham and Milwall will still have there eyes on top 2 thinking they can make it like ourselves.

Happy_Martian

Fleetwood (H)
Barnsley (A)
Rochdale (H)
Shrewsbury (A)
Blackpool (A)
Swindon (H)
P'boro (A)
Colchester (H)

That's our best chance, 7 wins there. I can't see us doing it in the April games.

I'd almost expect wins for the first 6. But remember Peterboro and Colchester are on the International weekend so there is a chance that we'll lose Arma, Stephens and Cargill for both games.

st john

Barnsley 8 wins in 9

Not knocking Barnsley's winning run at all but their wins have come against:
Doncaster
Bury
Swindon
Bradford
Rochdale
Shrewsbury
Millwall
Blackpool

Bradford & Millwall aside it has been an incredibly kind run of fixtures for them. Still got to win them though.

Terry Gibson's perm

I'd almost expect wins for the first 6. But remember Peterboro and Colchester are on the International weekend so there is a chance that we'll lose Arma, Stephens and Cargill for both games.

We must be getting near to being able to call the games off or are they all on youth loans

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not knocking Barnsley's winning run at all but their wins have come against:
Doncaster
Bury
Swindon
Bradford
Rochdale
Shrewsbury
Millwall
Blackpool

Bradford & Millwall aside it has been an incredibly kind run of fixtures for them. Still got to win them though.

Yet we've only won 3 of the 9 games against the same opposition. ( Bury, Shrews & Millwall)

st john

Should have Martin and Lorentzen available at the back, and maybe can try Henderson up front, should be enough for Colchester at least

skybluelee

If Burton go 14 points clear will you change your mind about our catching them?

Would you change yours if we beat Fleetwood and Burton lose their next two and the gap became 8 with 14 games each to play? That scenario would mean Burton's immediate place in the top two would be at risk and would suddenly be under a bit of pressure after two straight defeats. We'd have back to back wins and feeling confident and a fully fit squad.

A lot of twists and turns to come yet before May.

Otis

There is a chance of auto's for sure, but I am still thinking play-offs and am confident of us acheiving that.

Skyblueweeman

Fine if it stays like that. Stop their surge up the table.

Bradfords 2-2 was the only result I missed out on in a 9 team acca. Would've won £255 from a £3 stake. Gutted.

Did win £85 from £5 on my other 6 team acca though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jas365

Would you change yours if we beat Fleetwood and Burton lose their next two and the gap became 8 with 14 games each to play? That scenario would mean Burton's immediate place in the top two would be at risk and would suddenly be under a bit of pressure after two straight defeats. We'd have back to back wins and feeling confident and a fully fit squad.

Well if that happens then obviously people will start to think differently, but if they win on Monday they are gone. We would have to average a point a game better than them on the run in to catch them. Ain't gonna happen.

rupert_bear

Just keep plugging away one game at a time, during that nice little run of fixtures coming up our rivals must all be playing each other. If we are to maintain a serious challenge we need to win six atleast

RegTheDonk

I do recall that and I believe you got some unwarranted ribbing. I believe there were a few new faces, probably why it took them a while to gel and get off the blocks? Sorry to say it looks like you've been proved right.

Though on your second prediction above, I doubt anyone will wrestle Burton from an auto place. I just hope we've had our fill of injuries and our new look defence has hit the ground running, because we need to ensure we don't fuck up now. Other teams have to fail, we can't afford to. I hope its an auto spot for us (at the expense of Wigan), because I don't fancy us in the play offs. Having to win two out of three games, just doesn't bode well for me.

covcity4life

I thibk we need to stop splitting the fixtures in half. Oldham have shown today that table positions means jack. Shrewsbury away could be just as hard as wigan away for all we know

Take it 1 game at a time. Personally I would take win draw win draw for next 4 games. Think it would keep us in auto contention

And Burton have not won league yet. Seems some have forgotten that season not ended yet.

Otis

Well yes, but Burton on Monday is just one scenario, the other scenario you have put forward involves Burton losing two and us winning one, so three scenarios.

Burton to win on Monday is quite likely and certainly more likely than their losing two on the trot and us beating Fleetwood.

Grendel

Burton have won 20 of their 30 games. They aren't falling anywhere.

Otis

Burton have won 20 of their 30 games. They aren't falling anywhere.
That's what I don't get. Where does this hunch come from that they are suddenly going to drop like a fly?

If they win on Monday they will be 14 points clear of us and I would gladly put quite a bit of money on the notion that there will be no way on this Earth that we will be catching them.

Otis

For what it's worth:

BURTON next 6 fixtures:

Southend A
Walsall H
Sheff Utd A
Crewe A
Bradford A
Fleetwood H

WIGAN

Bury H
Millwall A