KP or Walsall ... (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

There were we a few years ago laughing at Incesters relegation, now the boot is firmly on the other foot.

Ashdown1

True but I know many of their fans are dubious as to how long the Thais will throw money at a team not following the script !?

theferret

True but I know many of their fans are dubious as to how long the Thais will throw money at a team not following the script !?

One more season without promotion and the whole thing could come crashing down for them. Fingers crossed eh.

Blue Maniac

One more season without promotion and the whole thing could come crashing down for them. Fingers crossed eh.
Whether or not you keep your multitude of deformed fingers crossed, the Thais will have to decide whether they want to cut their losses and bow out or keep going until they've got a Premier League club to sell. Thing is, we'll continue to fall short while we've got so many players - Beckford, Danns, Wellens, St Ledger, Waghorn, Gallagher, Konchesky, etc etc - who are simply not up to the job.

The fact that they haven't binned NP off after the massive collapse the last three months of this season seems to demonstrate that they're not willing to keep throwing good money after bad. I think a lot rests on what happens next summer, when Pearson's contract runs out.

hackneyfox

:jerkit::D

The majority of Leicester fans feel sorry for you and didn't want to see you in admin as we'd been there and knew what it meant to employees of the club.
Should you enter full administration I hope you regret making this comment.

Our debt seems to be structured like yours in that it is all owned to the owners, the difference being that our owners are using us as an advertising tool whereas yours just wanted to make money from the club itself. I'm inclined to think we have better owners especially as a fair few millions of our debt have gone into the infrastructure (but not the concrete) of the club itself.

Last edited:

hackneyfox

Cheers Hackney, this thread has cheered me up. A good bit of banter. I wonder if the opposing fans have been avoiding intruding on our grief. That they feel they can now come and take the piss makes me feel, at least for a minute, like maybe we'll get out of this mess. :claping hands:

Of course by Thursday that may all change. Although I can be grateful that the hand I count the days down on only has four fingers and a thumb!

I certainly didn't want to post much last year, you were all so down in the dumps that any banter would have been wasted.
I also didn't want to take the piss out of you going into admin (even partial admin) despite the fact that comments in the past about us 'lacking class' (mary mungo midge) did tempt me.

Like us, you live in interesting times, thankfully ours isn't a shit hole.:p

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I certainly didn't want to post much last year, you were all so down in the dumps that any banter would have been wasted.
I also didn't want to take the piss out of you going into admin (even partial admin) despite the fact that comments in the past about us 'lacking class' (mary mungo midge) did tempt me.

So you dont live in Leicester then? Interesting

theferret

:jerkit::D

The majority of Leicester fans feel sorry for you and didn't want to see you in admin as we'd been there and knew what it meant to employees of the club.
Should you enter full administration I hope you regret making this comment.

Our debt seems to be structured like yours in that it is all owned to the owners, the difference being that our owners are using us as an advertising tool whereas yours just wanted to make money from the club itself. I'm inclined to think we have better owners especially as a fair few millions of our debt have gone into the infrastructure (but not the concrete) of the club itself.

Oh behave. Why so serious all of a sudden.

I'll never regret making that comment, and of course 'come crashing down' can mean a number of things and I happen to mean it in a footballing sense.

BTW, what is 'full administration'? I fail to see any scenario that is worse that the one we find ourselves in. Yours was so terrible you won promotion the following year in a brand new stadium you didn't pay for. Must have been terrible that.

hackneyfox

Oh behave. Why so serious all of a sudden.

I'll never regret making that comment, and of course 'come crashing down' can mean a number of things and I happen to mean it in a footballing sense.

BTW, what is 'full administration'? I fail to see any scenario that is worse that the one we find ourselves in. Yours was so terrible you won promotion the following year in a brand new stadium you didn't pay for. Must have been terrible that.

Unless I'm mistaken you haven't actually laid off any staff have you or been forced to sell players?
I called it partial admin as you received a 10 point deduction for going into admin onlt so you didn't have to pay ACL.
We gained promotion because we were the second best side in the division but players took paycuts and then stumped up extra cash to pay the cleaners staff. Other staff lost their jobs.

There were we a few years ago laughing at Incesters relegation, now the boot is firmly on the other foot.

I have to admit after our more than dire showing last season me and my old Dad went to a few games at the KP stadium and were quite impressed with what we saw on the pitch and was a good atmosphere in the ground too, wish we were in their position right now :(

Astute

How can anyone take you seriously after making a comment like that Hackers :)

letsallsingtogether

'If your lot hadn't have gone tits we'd have been built by Birse and on time Playing Inter or the like for our first match.:(:mad:'

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Ha how much did you spend more then anyone else in that league and ended up where playoffs :claping hands::claping hands: should have won that league spending so much but oh there's always next year.:facepalm::facepalm:
Like you said every cloud has a silver Lining :p

Users who are viewing this thread