Lameiras - Class (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

Great positional sense, accurate and telling passes, and a richly deserved goal. For all the Lameiras doubters, I think what I've been saying all along is that the guy needs run of games...and Robins has given him just that and it's all beginning to happen. Shame Venus and Russel chose to side line him. Just shows they couldn't see the talent right under their nose. Sadly I think it all probably means he'll be playing the Championship next season instead of us, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong!

matesx

Great positional sense, accurate and telling passes, and a richly deserved goal. For all the Lameiras doubters, I think what I've been saying all along is that the guy needs run of games...and Robins has given him just that and it's all beginning to happen. Shame Venus and Russel chose to side line him. Just shows they couldn't see the talent right under their nose. Sadly I think it all probably means he'll be playing the Championship next season instead of us, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong!

Lol! Championship!

matesx

Look fair play to him he did well today.

Just too lightweight and inconsistent and nowhere near Championship level for me.

I actually hope he stays and gains confidence under Robins, could well shine in League 2.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He looks lovely in those matching wrist sweatbands and his hair is immaculate. My mum would like him.

Gaz71

Yet to see him make a tackle, win a header or get the right side of his marker, but a good goal today and a great pass in the Bristol game, too lightweight in the team for me.

wingy

My view.
Simple he's a ten.
Mowbray started him off that way and the lad did fine.
Enter Joe Cole and he was displaced or had to play wide.
Again he had games where that worked but he's no winger.
Like the rest of that team It went to hell from November.
Since then hrs been a bit part player under three managers.
So his confidence has took a knock.
Yet the best two runs we've had and his checkatrade involvement plus Robins are evidence enough to me.
Yes he's light but last season that won us myriad free kicks.
He isn't quick or strong but he is skilful, yet could and should do better with set peices and scoring.
It won't matter as he won't be here next year.
But fuck it I like the way he tries to play it.

covcity4life

Hes only had mowbray abd robins as manager. Harsh to blame him on pefformancea ubder venus and slade.

Only chavs who dont understand game wud back slade.

Sky Blue Harry H

You can see he has ability with the ball but he's not very good without it, shirks tackles and gets shrugged off the ball too easily. Drives my mate mad.

wingy

Most skilful player we have with the strength of a 10 year old, and the heart of a mouse.
But is that his fault.
Look at the size of him, 7 stone wet, you can't change his genes, heart well he's shown feistiness on occasion.
The end of the pitch where he's meant to do it he has in the spells I've mentioned.
Clearly there or two ways of playing and his isn't suited to lower league English football.
Better If he went back to his homeland and tried it out there IMO

luwalla

He can be lightweight ( yet he still seems to get at players and nick the ball ) , he can be frustrating with his tricks that don't always go to plan ( but then he does things sometimes that no other player can in the team )

He brings something to the team & I think there is more to come , a decent run and a bit of bulking up maybe!

fernandopartridge

My view.
Simple he's a ten.
Mowbray started him off that way and the lad did fine.
Enter Joe Cole and he was displaced or had to play wide.
Again he had games where that worked but he's no winger.
Like the rest of that team It went to hell from November.
Since then hrs been a bit part player under three managers.
So his confidence has took a knock.
Yet the best two runs we've had and his checkatrade involvement plus Robins are evidence enough to me.
Yes he's light but last season that won us myriad free kicks.
He isn't quick or strong but he is skilful, yet could and should do better with set peices and scoring.
It won't matter as he won't be here next year.
But fuck it I like the way he tries to play it.
Spot on, astute of you as ever. He's an enabler.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

He's a tena lady I thought there was a player in there but he is too lightweight he may shine if he takes up girls football

Super Graham Withey

We are all but relegated, the pressure is off, the sun is shining and Lameiras has a couple of half decent games. He needs to perform when it matters.

KG7

A lot of our fans are very quick to dismiss players due to their deficiencies rather than praise them for their strengths. Like Jacob Murphy, George Thomas, Ben Turner, Lameiras has something that can benefit us. If he can be managed we'll and played in a formation that accentuates his strengths he could progress and become a good player for us...but it will be harder if we get on his back. I'm undecided on him, but would keep playing him until the end of the season to see if he can develop. I do think he works very hard defensively and covers a lot of ground on the pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

I am glad he is getting a game and good to see his performance yesterday. I think most City fans would say that there is a good player in there somewhere but he is frustratingly inept on occasions. It was interesting to listen to Robin's comments on him and particularly the fact that he spoke to him at half time about setting himself properly to shoot, contrasting his powder puff first half effort with his second half goal.
If Robins offered him a new contract that is good enough for me.
However, if Robins offers Tudgay a new contract.........(he won't, will he?)

ccfcway

As a complete side note, I was surprised to read yesterday that Jodie Jones has made the joint most appearances of anyone in our squad this season (42)

Winny the Bish

Something I noticed at Wembley was the runs he was making off the ball. One of the only Coventry players I've seen this season who actually knows how to drag defenders around the field when we're on the attack and open up space for other players. A lot of what he does as a number 10 is unseen, but he does it well. If we're playing a 4-2-3-1 in League Two next year then we probably won't find a better replacement for that No.10 role.

Users who are viewing this thread