Lameiras - Class (1 Viewer)

trevelfarandwide

His stature is irrelevant, it's his mental weakness that's the issue. Lack of focus and that 'trying too hard' syndrome come to mind, and he really is short on confidence. Is it because he feels that he should be playing at a more prestigious level? Probably.

Robins will probably work on Ruben's focus and ego more than anything, the lad has to apply himself and start showing the consistency and talent he's capable of.

This fixation certain people have on his size is strange, players like Zola were smaller than Ruben yet realised they didn't have to 'out-muscle' anyone.

Like I said, it's Ruben's mind that needs coaching, nothing else.

Grendel

nope, I talk as if he should score more than 5 goals in a season playing as a number 10.

I agree actually. Managers aren't stupid and deliberately exclude players and Mowbray Venus and Slade in the end didn't play him but actually he had started many games.

Lack of physical strength and stamina are issues as well but to me he's a player who should to suit his game have pace over 10 yards and he doesn't.

iflynno

Ive long been an admirer of Lameiras.

Hes one of the few players in the side with an eye for a quality pass. See his assist for Thomas goal against Bristol Rovers.

Only downside is his size and inability to hold up play but hes still an asset to the team.

standupforcity

Ive long been an admirer of Lameiras.

Hes one of the few players in the side with an eye for a quality pass. See his assist for Thomas goal against Bristol Rovers.

Only downside is his size and inability to hold up play but hes still an asset to the team.
I agree...and it's interesting how those who don't rate him have gone a little quiet recently...it's hard to deny this guy could go a long way in the right hands, and Robins certainly seems to have a handle on him.

steve82

I've said a few times Lameries is a very talented player who's best position is in the 10 role, anywhere else he's ineffective. His problems are consistency, hence why he's playing in league one currently. He cannot produce the levels weekly over the 90 mins. In a more passing side like we seen all last season and now under Robins again he can pick a pass on the better pitches. And there is the next issue, the pitches next season. We are not going to be playing on a surface that will suit his game from October on.... I too agree that he will possibly get a few offers from low end championship clubs or top end league one teams. He's a footballing brain who can create chances for better players if the team plan suits his game.
I don't see him as being worth chancing in league two as physically it's gonna be beyond him.

stevefloyd

My problems with him are he consistently gets caught in possession this is usually 1 of 2 things either his lack of pace or trying to do too much... He needs to look at himself and try to develop his game like releasing the ball before he loses it but I doubt he has the intelligence to do that... agree he looked great in his trial game

Grendel

Never has so much praise been heaped on a player who has achieved so little.

stevefloyd

Vision and applying that vision is 2 separate things, he is so frustrating to watch but does have the odd moment of brilliance (usually 1 in 10 matches or more grrrrrrrrrrr)

Grendel

Vision and applying that vision is 2 separate things, he is so frustrating to watch but does have the odd moment of brilliance (usually 1 in 10 matches or more grrrrrrrrrrr)

I think there's some irony going on here.

Grendel

The irony is, he's a player who'd probably look better in a team the division above.

Not sure he's suited for where we're at... maybe Blackburn will come calling?

He'd be shocking in the league above. Players are more physical, fitter and quicker. He'd be lost.

Look at baker. Anonymous in the championship and totally at home in league one.

As for Blackburn looking at him well unless old Tony actually wins the next couple of games he's about all they will be able to afford.

Users who are viewing this thread