Latest SCG Minutes (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Steamimg pile of horse shit as usual. He's had weeks to compile this nonsense and I'm sure that he will have hoodwinked a few with his comments and how well he's come across. The new tactic of distancing himself from the owners and the litigation is also a nice attempt to get back onside. That ship has sailed I'm afraid. Several references to the potential for the legal proceedings to cease, again offering snippets of hope without actually committing to whether or not it is realistic, when in reality he will know full well, being the lap dog of joy.

A couple of things that made me chuckle;

TF: The animosity towards the club’s owner in my personal opinion is quite inappropriate.

Really?!!!

SBA - Should Butts Park go ahead, what is the rough timescale?

TF: If we were to go ahead, our planning team thinks it can be done within three years, but that would require all parties in the city to work together.

Good to see he's still consistent with his timescales. 3 years it is then.

Also made me laugh about the demoralizing effect chanting 'SISU OUT' has on the players once the whistle blows. Funny that, it was chanted at Port Vale for 90 minutes and it was our best performance of the season.

Disappointed that no-one asked him 'how on earth have you remained in your position after overseeing the most miserable period in the club's history?'. He was untenable 3 years ago. Perhaps they did, no doubt he vetted the minutes himself before they were published the fat fuck. I'm sorry but I cannot stand the bloke.

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

A savvy political response but with no substance or commitment to answer the concerns that fans have and his previous silence has been deafening - why talk now !!!
Also the BPA site is fairly small but they seem to be placing a lot into it, stadium maybe but other facilities I'm not sure are feasible, Northampton was good for the club - doesn't feel like that from where I'm sitting.
Words followed by more words waiting for action, humble pie is at the ready doubt it will be eaten

Calista

All of a sudden, more information from Fisher in one meeting than we’ve had over several years.

As part of this new-found openness, Mr. Fisher would do himself a favour by backing up the claim that a 23-25K stadium can be accommodated at the Butts. I dare say it’s technically achievable, but expensive – maybe going below ground level? If so, surely it would be possible to release the plans – I don’t see any reason why they would be secret. If there were genuine plans for an atmospheric city centre ground I could get behind that, but given your track record Tim, you must surely realise that nobody will take it on trust.

And as somebody else said – isn’t a ground that size against the wishes of CRFC?

Calista

Hmm, see I read it as 'if the owner'd drop actions we could get this sorted'.

Regardless of which view you take though, I'd be more likely to assume it's playing to the crowd until something, well... actually *happens*.

Even if that's Fisher being teabagged by Joy for being insubordinate.

Have I misunderstood the term?

Frankley

It aint big enough.
25,000 stadium, retail, hotel, student accommodation and Car parking.
Same as the joint training facilities.
It's deflection by the lying idiot and a few people are going to lap it up.

Specifically on the question of car parking, I think it needs to be remembered that the Butts Park Arena is quite different to the Ricoh Arena.

Given the proximity of the Butts Park Arena to the city centre and railway station, I believe a lot more people will arrive at the stadium on foot than is the case at the Ricoh Arena.

Also, it shouldn't be forgotten that there is already a 410 space car park next door to the Butts Park Arena.

Frankley

Also I don't see how the council can simply block any development , planning laws will simply not allow it. The council cannot block planning applications due to other disputes.

Of course the council can't block planning applications due to other disputes, but I think you'll find where there is a will there is a way. A local authority wanting to be difficult can contrive all sorts of objections.

georgehudson

frankley, he from the planet ZOG, a 410 spaces car park @ an average of 3 per car = 1,230, zzzzzzzzzz
& imho a 23=25k stadium could not be accomodated @ the butts, unless, of course you knock down the recently completed retirement village,
as for the rest of the TF utterences, imho, i have no trust in anything he says,
2 BPA's will not an arena make,
PUSB

CJ_covblaze

Is there someone award winning that has replied to this thread?

Frankley

frankley, he from the planet ZOG, a 410 spaces car park @ an average of 3 per car = 1,230, zzzzzzzzzz
& imho a 23=25k stadium could not be accomodated @ the butts, unless, of course you knock down the recently completed retirement village,
as for the rest of the TF utterences, imho, i have no trust in anything he says,
2 BPA's will not an arena make,
PUSB

First, I'm not a he I am a she... and I'm from planet earth.

Second, I believe only a fraction of those who currently travel to the Ricoh by car would want to do the same if we played at Butts Park Arena. How many people used to go to Highfield Road by car?

Third, there was a previous thread about the Butts Park Arena site. I superimposed a ground outline for the Union Berlin ground (22,000) onto the Butts Park Arena site and it did fit. Use a decent architect and I don't think 23 - 25,000 is out of the question for Butts Park Arena.

Lastly, as for the retirement village that people keep bringing up. The Butts has been used as a sports ground for about a century, so the people building the retirement village should have taken that into consideration when deciding where to build. Also, the retirement village is next to a railway line that carries passenger and freight traffic so it's hardly going to be tranquil anyway.

dongonzalos

The owners have realised its worth offering to drop the futile legal action in exchange for a deal either at the Butts or the Ricoh (IMO).
Hope I am right and hope it happens soon.
Common sense.

olderskyblue

Perfectly worded answers, and absolutely what you would expect from the top man at CCFC. Although a rare occurrence, it's very timely of course, and follows on from Rob S's assertions that Tim is such a nice guy... (I don't dispute that he is, never met him so can't say either way)

A conspiracy theorist (Nick, where are you?) could make something of all this, and be warning us that something bad is going to happen soon..... (Although with CCFC, there's always something bad just round the corner...)

All we need now is for Laura D to start posting on this site telling us of the error of our ways... ;)

rupert_bear

BPA ? Those on here who live in Coventry please just go there, stand and look, walk around it and tell me how 23/25000 fans can ever be SAFELY accomadated. There's one significant access from The Butts, one, the back of the complex has a railway line running by it would need bridges or underpasses or both. Any planning approval for such a project I am certain would have to go to the Secretary of State as the Ricoh did. As for student accomadation, where is the building space the only space as I see it is Spencer Park. really ? Usual suspects will salivate over this Fisher talk but this is what it is folks, just talk, saying what he thinks we want to hear. If BPA is/was a suitable site why wasn't it highlighted 4 years ago before that retirement village was built. Those flats in there you have to shell out around £80k each then more for upkeep, maintenance etc. I would expect each and every owner to object to planning, will take years.

Last edited:

Otis

Second, I believe only a fraction of those who currently travel to the Ricoh by car would want to do the same if we played at Butts Park Arena. How many people used to go to Highfield Road by car?

Third, there was a previous thread about the Butts Park Arena site. I superimposed a ground outline for the Union Berlin ground (22,000) onto the Butts Park Arena site and it did fit. Use a decent architect and I don't think 23 - 25,000 is out of the question for Butts Park Arena.

Lastly, as for the retirement village that people keep bringing up. The Butts has been used as a sports ground for about a century, so the people building the retirement village should have taken that into consideration when deciding where to build. Also, the retirement village is next to a railway line that carries passenger and freight traffic so it's hardly going to be tranquil anyway.
Trouble is, Frankly, yes, there has always been the Butts there, but Cov get an average attendance of 1,200 and the capacity of the place is just 3,000.

It's a massive increase to 25,000. The environmental impact in terms of footfall and noise pollution is going to be absolutely huge.

Otis

BPA ? Those on here who live in Coventry please just go there, stand and look, walk around it and tell me how 23/25000 fans can ever be SAFELY accomadated. There's one significant access from The Butts, one, the back of the complex has a railway line running by it would need bridges or underpasses or both. Any planning approval for such a project I am certain would have to go to the Secretary of State as the Ricoh did. As for student accomadation, where is the building space the only space as I see it is Spencer Park. really ? Usual suspects will salivate over this Fisher talk but this is what it is folks, just talk, saying what he thinks we want to hear. If BPA is/was a suitable site why wasn't it highlighted 4 years ago before that retirement village was built. Those flats in there you have to shell out around £80k each then more for upkeep, maintenance etc. I would expect each and every owner to object to planning, will take years.
Agree, RB.

The opposition to this will be huge. I just cannot see it being anything more than a pipe dream and if it were to go ahead I can see it ending up as a much, much smaller stadium with a capacity of around 12,000 max.

Think there would have to be a massive compromise to get the thing off the ground and as you say, the increased cost with lowering the pitch etc. would make the project an incredibly large financial millstone.

clint van damme

have you ever been round the site? Access is terrible, and I'm not talking about by car, I'm talking about by foot. There is now no access from Albany road and only a small railway arch to access from the Melbourne Road side.
The Albany theatre is a listed building, so has to stay, and the owners of the retirement village, currently trying to knock out units at £174,000 a time are bound to object.
It's OK superimposing a picture of a stadium onto the site but there are many other issues to resolve, shoe horning a stadium in there is the easy bit.

Otis

have you ever been round the site? Access is terrible, and I'm not talking about by car, I'm talking about by foot. There is now no access from Albany road and only a small railway arch to access from the Melbourne Road side.
The Albany theatre is a listed building, so has to stay, and the owners of the retirement village, currently trying to knock out units at £174,000 a time are bound to object.
It's OK superimposing a picture of a stadium onto the site but there are many other issues to resolve, shoe horning a stadium in there is the easy bit.
Yup, exactly.

Access is going to prove problematic for sure. That retirement village is so incredibly close to the Butts it doesn't leave much room for manoeuvre at all.

zuni

think the emphasis was all on the "politics" thus enabling another we tried but were blocked by all the others

ccfcway

Ironically, if sisu left and this was the first statement made by a fans consortium, it would be championed as the way forward and us looking to give the club a future.

As it's from Tim, it's all just words

Fergusons_Beard

Well one thing that no one has mentioned is the accounts.

Is that because there's nothing negative for the Ostrich brigade to shout about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Ironically, if sisu left and this was the first statement made by a fans consortium, it would be championed as the way forward and us looking to give the club a future.

As it's from Tim, it's all just words

That is indeed a rod Tim has made for his own back.

Nick

Administrator
Can't believe people are buying this. You deserve the club you've got quote frankly.

He even said 3 years LOL.

If a stadium is ever built at BPA I'll eat the SBT server, let alone my hat.

I don't think anybody is planning where to get their season ticket at the Butts just yet!

Do you want me to hoover the dust out first? :spitoutdummy:

Users who are viewing this thread