Premier League, we'll make it, I swear
Jo-el, Lat-i-beau-di-ere 🎵🎵

(I'm not giving up hope yet!)

Joy Division

Joel Lat-i-beau-di-ere
Joel Lat-i-beau-di-moonlit sky

christmas snowman GIF by Barbour

CJ_covblaze

I would like to think everyone singing it are not intending to be racist. Waghorn and many other white players have had a similar chant. I felt similar about the Wednesday fans booing Palmer. I would like to think that that was not to do with him pointing out the cretin being racist and was due to him winding them up. Despite all that it’s a case of read the bloody room. It’s a very bad look and just plain weird to chant that sort of thing.

Last edited:

AOM

Its criminal we haven't gone with a Livin' on a prayer theme for Latis song.

People moan when threads descend into song writing holes, but often there are some OK suggestions that are at least less derivative than the rehashes we have started using this season.

There's been some great suggestions on here.
The Simms, Sakamoto and Latibeaudiere songs made on this forum are all loads better than what they've been stuck with

Brighton Sky Blue

Just to say, I don’t think it is based on a racial stereotype. I just think fans think big dicks are funny and his name fits. But that doesn’t mean it’s OK.
I mean if it isn’t it’s a pretty incredible amount of ignorance. Have any white players had it sung about them?

Covkid1968#

Joeeelllll Latibudiare to the tune of Go West would do.
Simple enough and even the half wits will pick up on it. Do we have many from Singers corner on here?

As for the current song …it’s tacky and lazy but let’s be honest… it’s pretty ancient racial stereotyping and we are better than that.

As a pretty well hung white guy I won’t be singing it either.

shmmeee

It’s obviously based on a racial stereotype.

Its a racist trope, and that’s why it shouldn’t be sung. But I honestly don’t think that’s why a few lads started singing it. I doubt the fact he’s black even entered their minds. They’ll see it as no different to Waghorn’s song, or the Kelly meme, penises are funny. Again, this doesn’t excuse it being sang. But I don’t think it means we’ve got a group of hardcore racists in the fanbase either. This sort of subtle racism doesn’t come about IMO out of hatred, but out of ignorance of its affects and as such requires a different tack. Most would get quite defensive because in their mind they’re not racist. So it’s about education not admonishment. In my opinion. Others are available.

shmmeee

Don’t recall that to be honest

I only heard this one recently. I never heard the Waghorn one live but several whinging away/B16 mentioned it. I think a fair few chants don’t make it out of a small area. This one does seem to have (third) legs tho sadly.

Evo1883

There's a song about me at work

" oh evo , oooohhhhhh , oh evo ohhhhh , his driving makes me sick , he's got a massive ...... "
Forbidden Zone GIF by Eternal Family

Otis

Simple enough and even the half wits will pick up on it. Do we have many from Singers corner on here?

As for the current song …it’s tacky and lazy but let’s be honest… it’s pretty ancient racial stereotyping and we are better than that.

As a pretty well hung white guy I won’t be singing it either.
My granddad was well hung.

He shouldn't have killed all these people at the bowling alley, mind.

blunted

Latibeaudiere, Latibeaudiere
He’s got the biggest dick
In the championship
Latibeaudiere

It’s obviously based on a racial stereotype. Maybe the club will say something, but that puts them and Lati in an awkward position.
Very tenuous to call that racist. Says more about your opinions than a stereotypical thing. The big black dick thing was discredited years ago.

David O'Day

Very tenuous to call that racist. Says more about your opinions than a stereotypical thing. The big black dick thing was discredited years ago.
Racism itself has been discredited, doesn't stop people being racist.

The song is based on a racist trope.

Alkhen

Ohhh-oh, we're half way there
Whoa oh, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it, I swear
Whoa oh, livin' on a prayer

To

Ohhh-oh, Joel can play anywhere.
Woah-oh, ---????----
Captained England now he plays for Jamaica yeah
Woah-oh, Jole Lati-beau-di-ere

Need a second line: