Lati song 👎 (3 Viewers)

hamertime

People take things way too seriously, it’s just a funny song it used to be sung about Rosario. The kind of people that sing these songs are the kind of people that make football atmospheres amazing and the reason why everyone in the world loves our football.

Strip this away and the people you will be left with will be doing knitting at half-time.

Tommo1993

Really don’t think it’s anything to do with race tbh. It seems a very extreme way to take it.

Despite that, get it in the bin.

Thought of an alright chant for Ellis Simms but I’m not sharing because I’m shy and it makes me look like a virgin, despite trying to do the sex many times.

hamertime

Really don’t think it’s anything to do with race tbh. It seems a very extreme way to take it.

Despite that, get it in the bin.

Thought of an alright chant for Ellis Simms but I’m not sharing because I’m shy and it makes me look like a virgin, despite trying to do the sex many times.
If you had a song like this you wouldn’t be a virgin for very long…

If anything, we’re doing Lati a favour. If he’s chatting up a girl in the nightclub all he needs to say it’s have you heard my song?

Tommo1993

If you had a song like this you wouldn’t be a virgin for very long…

If anything, we’re doing Lati a favour. If he’s chatting up a girl in the nightclub all he needs to say it’s have you heard my song?

Oh anyone who says they have a massive dick has a dead cert micropenis.

blunted

Racism itself has been discredited, doesn't stop people being racist.

The song is based on a racist trope.
There will always be racists and I honestly don't think a song like this will exacerbate the problem. There are so many examples of racism that need challenging, that this is so far down the list a to be laughably insignificant. Do you honestly think people singing this think they are being racist, which is the important question. Such is the first world take on racism. The Mandingo character was discredited and disappeared years ago. To go back to the big black dick trope is positively antediluvian. Move on.
James Brown said Say it Out Loud I'm Black and I'm Proud but you can't even say black now, usually defended by white people despite that being the way many people of colour (including many of my friends) define themselves. Scientific studies prove people of colour do not have bigger dicks which has undermined that whole train of thought and should have put the racist trope to bed once and for all. Clearly, despite evidence to the contrary there are people who want to keep the argument ongoing.
I have yet to meet a man who would object to saying they had a big dick. A complementary trope is now racist.
Shit song but not inherently racist.
Since pre-history times, the big dick has been used to support superiority over other groups. Pretty sure the Greeks and Macedonians used it. We have bigger dicks so we are scarier than you. Without getting too Carry On, the Grendiers wore nothing under their kilts to frighten the opposition. Our underpants can't even contain what we have under there.
Propoganda wise, the Americans said they had bigger dicks than the Germans during WW2. See also the songs about the sexual deficiencies of Hitler etc. Ironic as most Americans were mostly descended from Europeans at the time. Ukrainian women sang a song about Putin's tiny dick.
The chant is tongue in cheek. Every society has its dick humour. Woody Allen said Jewish boys could afford to have a bit cut off as their dicks were so big. Chubby Brown said his mother lifted him out from his cot giving him a huge dick. Pretty sure it was Trevor Noah who said Do us boys have bigger dicks? Hell Yeah.
In conclusion, the big dick claim is not confined to a very outdated view of people of colour and it is up to those people to decide if they are being insulted. It applies to all people and all races.
If Lati objects, stop it.

Sjr1983

Don’t recall that to be honest
Only heard it outside some away grounds, but it involved something about him strangling a woman half to death with a football sock that contained his massive cock.

It was so bad that it could very well be the reason he was utter pony for us.

Brighton Sky Blue

Only heard it outside some away grounds, but it involved something about him strangling a woman half to death with a football sock that contained his massive cock.

It was so bad that it could very well be the reason he was utter pony for us.
Wtf

rob9872

There was once a rumour about my massive cock although not sure it carried the same gravitas as it was me who started the rumour 😀

hamertime

It being called a racist song is just hideous. We’ve got to be the least racist fanbase out there.

It’s just humour, most people find it not funny, some people do.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Oh anyone who says they have a massive dick has a dead cert micropenis.
So if you say you have a micropenis....

Good reverse psychology too. Someone would assume you were being modest or self-deprecating. Then later on they can't claim they weren't warned.

Tommo1993

So if you say you have a micropenis....

Good reverse psychology too. Someone would assume you were being modest or self-deprecating. Then later on they can't claim they weren't warned.

The ‘in’ joke thing at my work is to be self deprecating. It just overflows into everyday life.

skybluecam

It being called a racist song is just hideous. We’ve got to be the least racist fanbase out there.

It’s just humour, most people find it not funny, some people do.
Your comments spectacularly miss the point.

It’s quite obviously based on a racial stereotype. Clearly has the potential to make someone feel uncomfortable (see multiple examples of other fan bases being asked to stop).

We shouldn’t be waiting for Lati or the club to say something, that’s completely backwards.

Hoofhearted

With our "penchant " for re using our old songs, I'm surprised no one has tried
"Jole Latibeaudiere, Joel Latibeaudiere,
He drinks the vodka, he drinks the Jaeger his NAMES f***ing massive"

Hands up who thought I wasn't gonna use NAME? 🤭

JimmyHillsbeard

There will always be racists ….

you can't even say black now ….

many people of colour (including many of my friends)…

despite evidence to the contrary there are people who want to keep the argument ongoing….

Shit song but not inherently racist...

Without getting too Carry On (proceeds to use an argument directed lifted from Carry On Up the Khyber)

Pretty sure it was Trevor Noah who said (goes on to quote something Trevor Noah categorically didn’t say after previously citing that well-known enlightened commentator (checks notes…) Roy Chubby Brown.

Possibly the most incredible single post I’ve ever seen on here.

The Great Eastern

With our "penchant " for re using our old songs, I'm surprised no one has tried
"Jole Latibeaudiere, Joel Latibeaudiere,
He drinks the vodka, he drinks the Jaeger his NAMES f***ing massive"

Hands up who thought I wasn't gonna use NAME? 🤭
Cant be too many folk around who have 8 vowels in their surname.

TomRad85

I need to have a word with mum and find out where in Sudan my real dad is hiding. Screenshot_20240315_184222_Google.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

How do they do these surveys? Just ask people or are a bunch of scientists sampling at random?

TomRad85

How do they do these surveys? Just ask people or are a bunch of scientists sampling at random?
A mother somewhere is proudly telling their neighbour their daughter/son is out gathering important scientific data, meanwhile said daughter/son is out sampling alllll the cock.

wingy

I must be part Thai
A mother somewhere is proudly telling their neighbour their daughter/son is out gathering important scientific data, meanwhile said daughter/son is out sampling alllll the cock.

Or providing, heterosexual of course, in no way intended as disparaging to our gay community just trying to accentuate that there are other scenarios!

wingy

I now suspect a few on here may be considering a move there. Beautiful country tbf and now just a cm or 2 shorter than the national average as a bonus.

I'm sure they're willing to accommodate?

Users who are viewing this thread