Leon Clarke (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

Apparently Sheff Utd told him he can go.

I'd have back in a flash!

Just the sort of player Slade likes and would strike up an awesome pairing with Bevon!

Everyone agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

The way he joined wolves left a bad taste but we certainly wouldn't be relegated with him in the side

ajsccfc

He's a proven commodity in the division so I'd have him but have to constantly remind myself that he's only one mood swing away from a massive strop and a walkout.

standupforcity

Desperate times need desperate measures, so given our situation I'd take him till the end of the season...not too much time for a strop and a good bet to keep us up!

robbiekeane

I don't care about loyalty as long as he stays until the end of the season and bags 10 goals that keeps us up.

He's a mercenary, and quite un-apologetically so it seems. Fine with me, get him in

SkyBlueScottie

Short term deal until the end of the season, 10 goals, sign a new deal, then prepare to sell him. Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Astute

More chance of promotion than relegation if we got him back.

You just have to laugh at some people. They go from one extreme to the other. They are happy to call for someone to go....even when under contract. But if someone dares to leave....even with the blessing of our clubs owners as they will pick up a million or so...

Manchester_sky_blue

I don't care about loyalty as long as he stays until the end of the season and bags 10 goals that keeps us up.

He's a mercenary, and quite un-apologetically so it seems. Fine with me, get him in

Agree with that to be honest, he brings goals and as long as you expect no loyalty from him then you won't be disappointed.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Its a NO from me....

We got bags of goals & a profit out of him last time around............lightening doesn't strike twice......

jimmyhillsfanclub

Loan deal till the end of the season, as AFCCoventry said, would be fine for us.

Meh.....it'd be OK assuming the sulky journeyman prick doesn't undermine the manager, unsettle the youngsters & can actually motivate himself to knuckle down 2nd time around......

Still a NO from me.

Captain Dart

No, a team ethic is a key factor in Slades approach, we don't need 'special' players.

skyblueelephant76

No, a team ethic is a key factor in Slades approach, we don't need 'special' players.
He never acted like a 'special' player until he wanted to leave (and was offered a big pile of cash by a currently bigger team), before that he was a good pro, worked hard for the team, was a constant goal threat and helped to develop Wilson. I'd snap their hands off if he's available.

Captain Dart

He never acted like a 'special' player until he wanted to leave (and was offered a big pile of cash by a currently bigger team), before that he was a good pro, worked hard for the team, was a constant goal threat and helped to develop Wilson. I'd snap their hands off if he's available.

I thought he was a bit of a misery guts normally, well anyway a contract longer than 6 months is unlikely to be sanctioned.
Can't see him moving for less than 18 month contract, someone will give him that before the end of the month.

skyblueinBaku

He is virtually guaranteed to score goals in this division, something that we would be foolish to ignore. However, don't expect loyalty. I'm not sure about his influence in the dressing room when he gets itchy feet again. It would certainly be a gamble. Could we afford his wges?

Sky Blue Kid

Anyone realised yet when he leaves Sheff Utd. it will be his 5th move in 2 years!
Another interesting stat... Loaned out 11 times in 11 years.

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

Anyone realised yet when he leaves Sheff Utd. it will be his 5th move in 2 years!

Yep...and about 19 clubs & 22 moves so far...and he's only 31.

There is no doubting he can score goals in the lower leagues, but there is every doubt about his character & attitude......

If we were a settled team (Ha!), with a settled manager (Ha) looking at a promotion push then maybe worth a punt.....

....but certainly not required to be dropped into a young and un-established side looking to climb away from the shitty end of tier 3....

....we can't afford him anyhow....

Manchester_sky_blue

Yep...and about 19 clubs & 22 moves so far...and he's only 31.

There is no doubting he can score goals in the lower leagues, but there is every doubt about his character & attitude......

If we were a settled team (Ha!), with a settled manager (Ha) looking at a promotion push then maybe worth a punt.....

....but certainly not required to be dropped into a young and un-established side looking to climb away from the shitty end of tier 3....

....we can't afford him anyhow....

Not so sure about that, Sheff United may well have been his last "big Club". The pool of teams willing to take him on will be shrinking and so his wage demands will have to shrink as well

superskyblue

there is every doubt about his character & attitude......

I would actually say the complete opposite of the above. If we were looking at a promotion push you'd want to swerve him in case he upset things. However as a side at the bottom of the table we really don't have anything to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread