Leon (1 Viewer)

StevieM

Now will all the knockers please get off the blokes case?

Grendel

They probably won't buy they will be chocking on humble pie. Fantastic scoring ratio.

Otis

No, cos he's shit.

And it's be proven by the fact he has only scored 9 goals in 15 games.

That is a an awful return.

He should be at least getting a hat-trick every week.

Not good enough. Get rid.

The CableGuy

4 goals in 4 games isn't it?

A City striker (ours, not on loan) scoring for fun. And people are knocking him?

Jesus wept.

tippex9

Without him we'd be seeing out the season in the midst of the table.

woody11462

"Poor man's McGoldrick, he's just a poor man's McGoldrick!"

He's stepped in some very difficult shoes to fill and I've only seen him a couple of times but I think he's a good player in his own right. Good scoring rate, long may it continue.

The CableGuy

Oh, and his finish on Saturday was fooking fantastic. BOOM! Get in there.

Clearly he's not good enough. Cody is the answer.

tippex9

Sell Leon Clarke!!!!!!! We can't carry him all season. The favouritism towards him is why we lost a player of RODs ability.

Ashdown1

His scoring rate is tremendous to be fair, I've generally found his overall performances quiet though. As a striker he's doing what he's paid for, you can't argue with that !

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's done brilliant over the last 5 or 6 games, wasn't too impressed with his first 5 games or so and Robins was saying himself he needed to do more and there was a lot more to come him from him. Starting to show us what he is about

ryb1983ccfc

I was one of the knockers ( the right one,i believe) but in the last few games i have eaten my words and did apologise in my thread lol

As soon as he goes through something of a barren spell (which at the minute would be going a couple of games without scoring), at least a few will be out again with the 'I told you so's that are never far from the surface on a football forum. If he keeps on going as he is, he could become something of a cult hero (precisely because he is not McGoldrick, but he is ours and he knows where the back of the net is). Not the sort of player who has had me constantly on the edge of my seat, but I have never had an issue with his workrate, think his link up play has been fair and he scores goals. I'm sure even the most determined critic would struggle to state who else is going to chip in with anything approaching a similar volume of goals if - heaven forbid - he got injured. I don't think McDonald is a write off as a player, but I have seen little in a sky blue shirt to convince me he is going to do it at the City.

AFCCOVENTRY

where are all the knockers?

YEAH! Where are they?

Knockers.jpg

RichieGunns

I was also one of his knockers (left one) and I'm now firmly in his camp.

Was worried about the downturn in our scoring fortunes but after the last few games I'm happy to say I believe in Leon Clarke!

And no I wont be knocking him in the future if he stopped scoring ;)

brinner

cant knock his goals to games record but he is a bit lazy during games at times and should be giving more to the team in terms of workrate, could also be stronger at times and needs to learn how to jump properly as he is always jumping far too early and doesnt win no where near as many headers as he should.

RichieGunns

cant knock his goals to games record but he is a bit lazy during games at times and should be giving more to the team in terms of workrate, could also be stronger at times and needs to learn how to jump properly as he is always jumping far too early and doesnt win no where near as many headers as he should.

He has though admitted he still has a lot to improve on and I can only see good things from that statement. Carsley is also praising him and that can only make Leon more confident in my opinion! Let's see what he does vs Swindon on Saturday. Hopefully it'll be 5 goals in 5 games and his 21st of the season :D

WE WANT 30!!

brinner

he could be a superb player for us if he ups the ante re workrate and the physical side of his game, no doubt about it.

BackRoomRummermill

What I cannot understand is that right from the start people were knocking him like chelsea fans knock torres, even though he was scoring goals!

It works the same for managers, it takes time. Forget DMG best of luck Pal but LC may actually score more than DMG in a CCFC shirt this season

Users who are viewing this thread