Let’s face it. (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

As the title says,we all know that without Gyok and Hamer we are a very very average side.
We can’t carry the likes of Palmer walking around doing the odd flick here and there.
We need 11 on the pitch who are up for it, and it ain’t the 11 who are starting at the moment.
Palmer was poor last night, but will tackle/close down more than Ayari or Sakamoto, who are the only other 'creative' options. Trying those flicks etc when they don't come off is infuriating when the team is struggling, but you can't accuse him of shirking tackles. I understand the post match/Hamer/Gyok frustration, but name your 11, as you say the 11 on the pitch were not it.

hamertime

I think the problem at the minute is Robins has no idea what is best team is. We are overloaded with defenders, the two strikers we have bought have been poor, and he replaced Hamer with a loan midfielder who has no experience. I have already written this season off as we had too much turnover of players at the end of last season so we have no time to gel. This won’t happen at the end of this season so we should have a much stronger squad going into next season. I’ll be happy with mid-table and a great Cup run.

Legia Sky Blue

Palmer was poor last night, but will tackle/close down more than Ayari or Sakamoto, who are the only other 'creative' options. Trying those flicks etc when they don't come off is infuriating when the team is struggling, but you can't accuse him of shirking tackles. I understand the post match/Hamer/Gyok frustration, but name your 11, as you say the 11 on the pitch were not it.
He may not last 90 minutes at present, but Ayari seems to offer far more than Palmer in terms of effort and output at the moment. I'm not sure we are in a position to wait for a game where Palmers tricks have a positive influence on the outcome of a match. I do believe Palmer is better and offers more than he is doing at present, but his current performances just don't warrant a place in the team. He is basically out of form and as such should be dropped.

ccfcchris

As the title says,we all know that without Gyok and Hamer we are a very very average side.
We can’t carry the likes of Palmer walking around doing the odd flick here and there.
We need 11 on the pitch who are up for it, and it ain’t the 11 who are starting at the moment.
So what in your opinion needs to be done to solve this?

Old Warwickshire lad

So what in your opinion needs to be done to solve this?
I really don’t think we have a solution at the moment. I think we have to accept, at least short term we do not have the skills to play how we did last season.
So like it or not it’s roll your sleeves up and graft for each other.
Not pretty, and frustrating for fans. Play the extra man in midfield stifle the opposition, and look to grab a goal on the break or a set piece.
Had it done to us enough times in the past.

Kingokings204

Palmer is fucking pony. I’ve stuck up for him on numerous threads but I can’t keep doing it.

same here. Defended him mostly but Hull was simply unacceptable and last night was a shit show. Give him a break and bring him back stronger with some bloody coaching in to him.

Mr Panda

As someone else said, he doesn’t know his best team and the sooner he settles on that the better. Last season we tinkered with the back line until Christmas until he finally settled on Doyle, Fadz and McNally

The sooner he gets to settling on Lati, Fadz and Kitching the better (or whoever he thinks it’ll be).

Putting my faith in O’Hare too. I think and hope he’ll still offer a much better link between attack and midfield than Palmer - even though he’s not necessarily going to as big a goal threat

CCFC54321

A lot of us have, but unfortunately he has become a liability by contributing next to nothing.
Technically excellent and a lot of opposition supporters think he is our best player but unfortunately is a nearly man who influences nothing in a game.

Beginning to see why other managers don’t fancy him who he was played under before.

Flying Fokker

Just enjoy the game. It’s not worth winding yourself up about how bad a player is at the moment.

Having said that, the team wobbled a few times last season. Have we had any big fails this season?

What needs to change in each player’s game?

slowpoke

I think the problem at the minute is Robins has no idea what is best team is. We are overloaded with defenders, the two strikers we have bought have been poor, and he replaced Hamer with a loan midfielder who has no experience. I have already written this season off as we had too much turnover of players at the end of last season so we have no time to gel. This won’t happen at the end of this season so we should have a much stronger squad going into next season. I’ll be happy with mid-table and a great Cup run.
Did you write off last season in September too ?

Covcraig@bury

MR has spent a shit load of money on players that will need time to gel . How much time ?
I would let MR take us to the end of this season and see where we are ( relegated ) then get rid as he has failed it’s as simple as that . So until then we support the lads and hope they gel quick as there is a big points gap starting to appear and we’re the wrong side of mid table.

• Haha
Reactions: SBT

BlueSkiesForever

I think the only thing we can do is change the formation to suit the new players rather than trying to change the new players to suit our formation.

I feel like trying to squeeze the ball through the midfield in an “hourglass” type shape with only Palmer there doesn’t work, it’s creating a bottleneck and he hasn’t got the ability to do it all on his own. We need to drop a striker and go with one strong, quick one up top. I feel like we need Ayari to play alongside Eccles for the time being or even more Lati into Eccles’ spot and then bring Saka forward so he has no defending to do.

To me all this seems obvious but of course being a manager brings with it other considerations so it’s easy for any of us to just say what we want. However I do think enough’s enough now and we need to change our style because 1 win in 7 isn’t good enough for the sort of money we’ve spent.

harvey098

Palmer is fucking pony. I’ve stuck up for him on numerous threads but I can’t keep doing it.
Not sure that’s fair. He’s been good for most of this season (barring the last two games since back from Jamaica where he was shocking).

Also, I don’t get this latest trend of calling him lazy, he closes down and wins more tackles / blocks than most creative 10’s.

Overall I think he’s had a positive season.

shmmeee

Not sure that’s fair. He’s been good for most of this season (barring the last two games since back from Jamaica where he was shocking).

Also, I don’t get this latest trend of calling him lazy, he closes down and wins more tackles / blocks than most creative 10’s.

Yeah it’s just the usually anti-Palmer lot wanking themselves because he’s had two poor games so others aren’t happy.

PVA

This is how I see it too.

He was rubbish the last two games and absolutely deserves stick for those two performances, but he was good before then and some of the reactions have been a little over the top to say the least.

SBT

MR has spent a shit load of money on players that will need time to gel . How much time ?
I would let MR take us to the end of this season and see where we are ( relegated ) then get rid as he has failed it’s as simple as that . So until then we support the lads and hope they gel quick as there is a big points gap starting to appear and we’re the wrong side of mid table.
So you expect Robins to lead us to relegation but you still want to give him til the end of the season?

SBT

This is how I see it too.

He was rubbish the last two games and absolutely deserves stick for those two performances, but he was good before then and some of the reactions have been a little over the top to say the least.
He hasn’t been good, I’m sorry to say. He’s done so little and we should expect more from him.

Old Warwickshire lad

When I posted this I was not having a go at Palmer in particular. Yes he is under performing, and when the team is struggling it makes him look ever worse.
Both new strikers are not looking good and that can get fans grumbling.
I trust the management to get it right, but I think we have to give them time.
Until then we spoil and scrap to accumulate points.

sotvtoday

Not sure we'll get a good cup run - Robins doesn't seem to think they're important.

Offhegoes

Palmer was playing well until the International break. Was briliant against Sunderland and Leciester. Will admit he was awful when he came on at Hull, and ineffective at Cardiff, but to be writing him off based on these 2 games (when he only started one of them) is ridicoulous.

Matt smith

We’re 3 points off 9th 😂

Grendel

Palmer was playing well until the International break. Was briliant against Sunderland and Leciester. Will admit he was awful when he came on at Hull, and ineffective at Cardiff, but to be writing him off based on these 2 games (when he only started one of them) is ridicoulous.

He was brilliant 😂😂😂

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread