Let’s face it. (2 Viewers)

Matt smith

We’re not going down in a league with Shef Weds and Rotherham etc. in, we’ll be mid table
Yeah fair enough platty

I just think recruitment has been poor and we haven’t addressed key issues

why have we loaned Jack out? Would he have let grant run inside him Tuesday?

why wasn’t a midfielder signed?

Matt smith

Don’t like how much we need COH to hit the ground running like he hasn’t been out with a 9 month injury too

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah fair enough platty

I just think recruitment has been poor and we haven’t addressed key issues

why have we loaned Jack out? Would he have let grant run inside him Tuesday?

why wasn’t a midfielder signed?
Based on how Burroughs is getting on at Lincoln, I don't think we're missing a great deal from his absence.

Matt smith

To be fair if we win two in a row I’ll be thinking of the other end of the table, find it hard not to get bogged down on the table early on

Terry Gibson's perm

I don’t think we need to change a lot apart from taking risks in the final third, eccles and Kelly play too deep and play risk free football, the amount of times Kelly gives it to the centre backs is ridiculous it’s not like any of them are that good on the ball.

I don’t want to see Lati in midfield either but a goalie who has a brain and can actually save the ball would be a bonus.

Cov kid 55

I think based on Tuesday evening, we should rest Palmer and start Ayari, he looked far more dynamic when he came on, tried to make things happen. If you start Palmer you’re implicitly accepting that level of performance. I like the look of Binks, not sure what our best back 3 will be, assuming he’ll want to play Kitching, given what we’ve paid for him. And then there’s Thomas… Up front is also an issue/dilemma. Wright struggled on Tuesday evening, and I thought Simms actually looked decent when he came on. Just the way he held himself and controlled the ball, looked like there‘s a player there - but he only got 20 minutes. So going forward, the dilemma is needing to play our marquee signing to play him into form, while Simms may be the better option, and Godden is picking himself every week. So Robins has to sort that out, I’d start with Simms Monday night.

The other player worth considering is Obikwu, it was only a friendly, but I thought he looked really promising at Exeter, and if our lack of goals (apart from Godden) continues, then he would be worth a look.

It was a pretty poor performance on Tuesday evening, we were outfought and didn’t deserve anything from the game. Lots for Robins to ponder on, and perhaps not surprising given the loss of our two best players (particularly Hamer) in the summer. Mid table consolidation this season, looks like it would be a result.

fatso

You think we’ll go down?

I think we will
There's no way we will get dragged into a relegation battle, that's a rediculous thought.

Our problem is that we are lacking a dynamic forward passing midfielder to replace Hamer and our two big money strikers have been nothing short of abysmal (so far) with no confidence that they can improve.

The loss of Sheaf and the ongoing absence of O'hare aren't going to help matters.

Spending £4+ million on Kitchen wasn't what was required either, and that rang alarm bells for me, especially when we are lacking midfield creativity and pace upfront.

I hate to say it, but as it stands today, if Godden gets injured we are nothing more than mid table mediocrity.

However ..... on a positive note, Allen is available, and O'hare is back in full training,
Sheaf should be back in 5 or 6 weeks, and then we can go back to the box formation and drop Simms and Wright to the bench, and start to dominate midfield again like we did for much of last season.

BlueSkiesForever

I still think we’ve got to find a way of getting Simms and Wright involved, we can’t just write them off when we’ve spent like £11-£12 million on them. I’m not convinced this little tippy-tappy possession stuff suits us tbh, it basically gets us nowhere as we end up giving the ball away in midfield all the time.

Clearly I’m not an expert but from what I’m seeing it seems like we should happy to sit back a bit, invite a bit of possession from the opposition and then counter-attack with long balls and through balls to Wright/Simms/Godden.

Maybe I’m just being stubborn but although I thought Wright was a joke the other day I refuse to accept that’s all he will ever have to offer. I think we need to change our style to suit the large number of players we’ve bought rather than give up on them.

Users who are viewing this thread