Liam Walsh (1 Viewer)

Magwitch1

Not sure it's that.
Seems like he's succeeded with most clubs he's taken on .
Seems bright and intelligent but a little prickly/ slightly arrogant .
Always felt the aggressive side of him is possibly to show he can survive in the Man's game is because he sees himself as more cultured than many involved in the game,cos he has been involved in a couple of bust ups if I remember right .
Similar to Joey Barton in how he sees himself but not as openly prepared to swing for people .
Also I don't think he fits the perennial image of the regular dinosaurs that do the rounds as he doesn't just resort to hoof it and put yourself about , too young to get the that reputation yet I think.
He will do better than the last two they had he did okay in what was his second stint at Leicester but seems a bit of a marmite character suddenly fell out of favour there had short spells at Derby and Watford perhaps that tells a story but would have been a better bet than Coleman.

Magwitch1

Walsh is potentially Championship level regular, but hes hardly proven himself there. Really dont get the adulation or the hype. We have replaced him far better all round player in Hamer.
Don’t you think Hamer and Walsh either side a Kelly or James or even better would make us a better team, I think it might.

Hobo

The problem with quad tendon injuries the damage can be permanent.

I know I have a 50 per cent dead tendon in my right knee.

I think we can move on from the Walsh fixation now we are nearly through a full Championship season - one he hasnt really featured in.

hill83

We’ve not been in the top flight for two decades and have spent a sizeable proportion of that in the bottom 2 divisions of the league.

If someone tried to talk to me about the 70's in 1995 when I was 12, for example, I wouldn't care one bit.
So yeah, 20 years ago is a very long time ago. We've got players who weren't born when we were top flight.

Sky Blue Harry H

If someone tried to talk to me about the 70's in 1995 when I was 12, for example, I wouldn't care one bit.
So yeah, 20 years ago is a very long time ago. We've got players who weren't born when we were top flight.

I now know your age, where(ish) you live, and that your mate sh*t himself at Wembley. I just need the last 3 numbers off the back of your bank card and you're royally screwed.

Hobo

There should also be a great big asterisk put next to our historical averages for this latest period, given it includes 'home' games played in Northampton and Birmingham.

Lol that is part of our history and attendance history. Just learn to live with it.

Evo1883

Shows how far we’ve fallen when people on here genuinely believe Bristol City are a bigger club than us. It’s concerning that we have this new generation of tinpot fans that see us as a lower league club, but I suppose you can’t blame them.

I would love to get Walsh in for next season. Technically, he was levels above any other player in the league last season. I’d offer Bristol O’Hare (+maybe cash) for him.

giphy.gif

Gibbo

I can’t even believe this is being debated how on earth can people think Bristol city is a bigger club than Coventry city
It is this sort of dellusional rubbish that drives me to tear my hair out

The official measurement of 'bigger', and th only one that matters, is your place in the league. Currently Bristol are comfortably bigger, added to which they have a better financial situation. Oh and Bristol is a bigger city than Coventry. We have an FA Cup from 33 years ago, and that is about it.

fernandopartridge

The official measurement of 'bigger', and th only one that matters, is your place in the league. Currently Bristol are comfortably bigger, added to which they have a better financial situation. Oh and Bristol is a bigger city than Coventry. We have an FA Cup from 33 years ago, and that is about it.

You said the only thing that matters is the place in the league. Then you started going on about financial situation, city population and trophies won. Make your mind up.

Liquid Gold

Position in the league isn't everything. Nobody in their right mind would argue that Bournemouth were a bigger club than us despite them being recently in the PL and us recently in L2.

superskyblue

Position in the league isn't everything. Nobody in their right mind would argue that Bournemouth were a bigger club than us despite them being recently in the PL and us recently in L2.
I can't be in my right mind then as I definitely think Bournemouth are now a bigger club than us.

SeaSeeEffCee

Yet you'd struggle to find a player who'd pick us over them at the moment which shows how pointless the 'bigger club' argument is.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I can't be in my right mind then as I definitely think Bournemouth are now a bigger club than us.
We’ve spent more seasons in the top flight then they have spent in the top two divisions in their whole history,

we’ve won more than them,

and their highest ever attendance is about 28000, we had that in a game whilst a league two club - we’re a bigger club than Bournemouth

the only metric that can be used to say they’re bigger is that they have a Richer owner

Liquid Gold

Yet you'd struggle to find a player who'd pick us over them at the moment which shows how pointless the 'bigger club' argument is.
Yeah but football fns love a pointless argument. Of course football players don't care how big a club is, they want the best wages and chance of success.

Fuck, I'd say Notts County are bigger than Bournemouth and they're in the NL.

steve cooper

Very subjective
Talksport have us 30th, based on points scored in the top division, Bournemouth et al not in sight.
But another site 90min.com has us 46th with Bournemouth 40th and Brighton 36th.

cc84cov

Who said bigger club right now ? I said we Coventry city are a bigger club than Bristol city...

Liquid Gold

Very subjective
Talksport have us 30th, based on points scored in the top division, Bournemouth et al not in sight.
They also said we're low because we've not been relevant for so long then go and put AFC Wimbledon above us.

We were bigger than them when we were both in the PL, we were bigger than them when they started again and we're bigger than them now.

They also say that Bournemouth are the 40th biggest even though they've only spent 10 years in the top two divisions, Watford, never won anything. The recency bias in that second article is absurd.

Edit - according to it though Bristol are nowhere to be seen.

Last edited:

steve cooper

They also said we're low because we've not been relevant for so long then go and put AFC Wimbledon above us.

We were bigger than them when we were both in the PL, we were bigger than them when they started again and we're bigger than them now.

They also say that Bournemouth are the 40th biggest even though they've only spent 10 years in the top two divisions, Watford, never won anything. The recency bias in that second article is absurd.

Edit - according to it though Bristol are nowhere to be seen.
Yes, I missed that

mark82

Very subjective

We know which is right.

Bournemouth obviously in a better position than us currently, but that doesn't mean bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread