London Calling. (3 Viewers)

martcov

We have and are failing miserably, this trophy will do nothing to change the ongoing situation
The club is in, protests should be staged for maximum exposure.
Wembley stadium, TV cameras, all major press outlets, the largest following of City fans in the
same place at the same time for years, make this the perfect occasion for peaceful protest.
Do it if you wish, don't if you don't want too, but don't assume the higher ground and start
Throwing the insults around as that could bring on scenes nobody wants to see.
Respect people's views.

I agree this trophy will not stop the rot. It will give thousands of people a good day out though.

I like the bit about respecting other people's views. Will go down well on here.....

I am a libtard, snowflake, Tim Fisher in person and a friend of Nick........ because I suggested something based on what I believe to be common sense ( taking a day off protesting out of respect for the occasion and for the fans going for a good day out ). Common sense and a sensible strategy. Lots of respect shown to me.

Sky Blue Kid

PS... My post was fuck all to do with Martcovs' beliefs. Btw Nick, the sky isn't blue.

See what I mean proves you don't read ALL OF A POST!!!

clint van damme

I agree this trophy will not stop the rot. It will give thousands of people a good day out though.

I like the bit about respecting other people's views. Will go down well on here.....

I am a libtard, snowflake, Tim Fisher in person and a friend of Nick........ because I suggested something based on what I believe to be common sense ( taking a day off protesting out of respect for the occasion and for the fans going for a good day out ). Common sense and a sensible strategy. Lots of respect shown to me.

totally agree. Are we better to go down after what is frankly a disgraceful league campaign but with a great day out to look back on or just to go down without even this little sliver of enjoyment for our beleaguered support? Definitely the former for me and in no way will it gloss over or make me forget the car crash that has gone on since last summer.

Nick

Administrator
totally agree. Are we better to go down after what is frankly a disgraceful league campaign but with a great day out to look back on or just to go down without even this little sliver of enjoyment for our beleaguered support? Definitely the former for me and in no way will it gloss over or make me forget the car crash that has gone on since last summer.

I think this is what some people seem to struggle with, of course people can go and have a good day. The same as how people enjoyed themselves (well, at full time anyway) against Wycombe. People don't forget about everything else then and can think multiple different things about multiple different issues.

It is as if people have to be angry 24/7 otherwise they are happy with the club being bottom of the league etc.

Brylowes

We have been let down by everyone person/ organisation that is in a position to help,
In fact they should be duty bound to do everything in their power to prevent the very
Things that have happened to this club.
I'm not saying don't enjoy the day, we should puff out our chests, sing our hearts out
And feel proud we stood up for our "poor old club"
At the end of that day, nobody in that stadium or watching at home should be in any
Doubt' just what this football club means to its fans and it's City.
And that we will not roll over and go down without a fight.

Nick

Administrator
Just corrected it for you.

I wouldn't be going to the game if I didn't care about CCFC would I? The same as I wouldn't have sat there watching us play West Ham with about 4 blocks to myself. The same as other people wouldn't have gone to Swansea to watch if they didn't.

Sky Blue Kid

If you do "Give a Toss" why the fuck do you "Put down" every idea that posters put forward. I haven't seen you back anything that is remotely Anti-SISU. And you call all supporters that are NOPM'ers "Spineless" for wanting to see their Football Team play at Wembley! Disregard they might have supported Coventry City for 50+ years every game home and away. That doesn't count in you eyes does it! Anyone that wants to go to Wembley should go irrespective if they are regular, NOPM, or fair weather supporters. You are not God, so stop treating people that disagree with your point as irrelevant posters....................... and now just waiting for the....
last-word-frog-ag1.gif

Nick

Administrator
If you do "Give a Toss" why the fuck do you "Put down" every idea that posters put forward. I haven't seen you back anything that is remotely Anti-SISU. And you call all supporters that are NOPM'ers "Spineless" for wanting to see their Football Team play at Wembley! Disregard they might have supported Coventry City for 50+ years every game home and away. That doesn't count in you eyes does it! Anyone that wants to go to Wembley should go irrespective if they are regular, NOPM, or fair weather supporters. You are not God, so stop treating people that disagree with your point as irrelevant posters....................... and now just waiting for the....
last-word-frog-ag1.gif

I asked what it would achieve...

I just used the words of somebody who liked to call other spineless against them when they dropped the morals they were so eager to tell everybody about in statements.

Again, you completely miss the point don't you?

Sky Blue Kid

I asked what it would achieve...

I just used the words of somebody who liked to call other spineless against them when they dropped the morals they were so eager to tell everybody about in statements.

Again, you completely miss the point don't you?

Lmfao, you were saying? ............................
tumblr_mtz0ykZtKT1rl6c79o2_400_zps2818e113.gif%7Ec200

Sky Blue Kid

Nick[Quote "Singing let down by the football league will do what exactly? It won't do a thing at all apart from giving people the impression they have done something to get rid of SISU and making them a bit happier."]Unquote

You say you were asking a question, but what do you do mid sentence?...... Fucking answer it yourself!!!
Just waiting for Nick to....
tXP5VOp.gif

Nick

Administrator
What are you on about now?

I have said it won't do anything, do people thinking singing let down by the football league will change everything then?

Nick

Administrator
Annnnddddddd There it is!

So, will it suddenly change everything then? Which is the point I am making.

Why not engage brains, getting all offended because the fucking obvious is pointed out to them. If I said I was going to eat an Apple to get rid of SISU would everybody start getting hard for it or think it was pointless? I do begin to wonder.

Captain Dart

39900 are there for a good day out. The protest will end up as egg on face. The struggle is the league, not a trophy final appearance.

Gut feeling...
If we win then everyone will be happy and all other issues will be forgotten temporarily.
if we lose but it is a competitive game then there will be a bit of protest but relatively little.
if we lose badly then there will be very loud SISU OUT chants breaking out in added time (or earlier).

skyblueinBaku

What are you on about now?

I have said it won't do anything, do people thinking singing let down by the football league will change everything then?
Nick, I refer you to my post #57 on this thread.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, I refer you to my post #57 on this thread.

Singing let down by the football league etc is no way part of any war of attrition.

Other constructive protests however could be classed as part of a war of attrition.

Otherwise, the apple I just ate in protest of SISU could go towards this war.

skyblueinBaku

Singing let down by the football league etc is no way part of any war of attrition.

Other constructive protests however could be classed as part of a war of attrition.

Otherwise, the apple I just ate in protest of SISU could go towards this war.
Did you eat the apple in front of a large TV audience with much of the country's newspaper sports reporters watching? Did you explain that you ate the apple as a protest against Sisu?

Monners

The point I was trying to make about singing it at an opportune moment was that it would (may) cause some embarrassment to the EFL officials in front of their sponsors, and would be timely in the current climate of media and parliamentary attention of football governance.

The only person who has actually debated the merits of this in any kind of rational way is Matcov. I never said it would change anything, to get Sisu out etc.. (I didn't mention Sisu at all). Arseheads

Yours in good faith

Exasperated in Northampton

Nick

Administrator
Did you eat the apple in front of a large TV audience with much of the country's newspaper sports reporters watching? Did you explain that you ate the apple as a protest against Sisu?

I said on here before it was in protest.

So, apart from being part of a war of attrition what do you see that song actually achieving?

I can see Monners point about embarrassing them but how much will people outside care? If we potentially take 40,000 city fans it's good news to their sponsors anyway as they get a wider audience of sponsorship at the ground.

The irony would be 40,000 people saying they had been let down whilst enjoying a day out at Wembley, as mart says the day to do that would be on relegation as more people would join in also due to emotion.

The EFL people won't really be bothered, as demonstrated over and again. MPs etc drift in and out of caring about it when they want something out of it themselves.

Sky Blue Kid

So, will it suddenly change everything then? Which is the point I am making.

Why not engage brains, getting all offended because the fucking obvious is pointed out to them. If I said I was going to eat an Apple to get rid of SISU would everybody start getting hard for it or think it was pointless? I do begin to wonder.

Says the man that opens his mouth before he engages his Brain. The man that can't see what is put in front of him. The man that as long as things are going the way he wants couldn't give a fuck.
I've got better things to do now than argue with you.... Where's that paint that I was going to watch dry?.........

Nick

Administrator
Says the man that opens his mouth before he engages his Brain. The man that can't see what is put in front of him. The man that as long as things are going the way he wants couldn't give a fuck.

What are you on about now? It's getting a bit tedious now, you know the not actually having a point malarkey.

Go and make a voodoo doll of me and stick pins in it or something, it would probably make more sense than any of your posts in this thread and make you feel better.

Sky Blue Kid

What are you on about now? It's getting a bit tedious now, you know the not actually having a point malarkey.

Go and make a voodoo doll of me and stick pins in it or something, it would probably make more sense than any of your posts in this thread and make you feel better.
last-word-frog-ag1.gif

Wheelfass

Most people going don't go to City every game, but will come in their thousands for a day out in London to see their team play at Wembley in a final. They will not be interested in SISU or Tim Fisher.
I think many of the SBA at Wembley will be made up of thousands of those fans that have fell by the wayside over the years. They will have fallen away because of the lack of success and attrition created within the club by the current long term owners.
This will indeed be a day out for them and in much different circumstances to the reasons that led them to withdraw there physical support. However, they will be there - and probably their families too who will also be aware of the current regime - and their awareness of the clubs current plight will be just under the surface.

Nick

Administrator
I think many of the SBA at Wembley will be made up of thousands of those fans that have fell by the wayside over the years. They will have fallen away because of the lack of success and attrition created within the club by the current long term owners.
This will indeed be a day out for them and in much different circumstances to the reasons that led them to withdraw there physical support. However, they will be there - and probably their families too who will also be aware of the current regime - and their awareness of the clubs current plight will be just under the surface.

I don't think anybody will forget about all of the other crap that's going on.

I see it as us being there despite them, it's been a pretty young team with homegrown players who have got us there as well. There is no reason why people can't hate Fisher and SISU with a passion and still have a great day out there.

Besides all of the piss taking about NOPM and council / sisu lovers everybody should have a great day out and hopefully we will get a win. Yes, it isn't the FA cup or Champions league but even so. Same as against Wycombe, the release there on the final whistle was a completely different thing to a release by getting angry and worked up and singing songs, even during the game as well.

Having a day of smiling, being with families and getting behind the team doesn't distract from everything else.

skyblueinBaku

So, apart from being part of a war of attrition what do you see that song actually achieving?
It achieves what any other blow in a war of attrition does - it's another blow. On its own, it wouldn't achieve anything, but it is part of what would hopefully be a cumulative effect. You very often ask "what would it achieve" when the discussion is about protests. The answer has to be "We don't know yet, but we do know that doing nothing will achieve nothing".

Brylowes

Gut feeling...
If we win then everyone will be happy and all other issues will be forgotten temporarily.
if we lose but it is a competitive game then there will be a bit of protest but relatively little.
if we lose badly then there will be very loud SISU OUT chants breaking out in added time (or earlier).
If that's the truth, then I really think we deserve the position we find ourselves in, it's time people
Realised the perilous situation this club is in, one day in the sun won't change any anything.

Nick

Administrator
It achieves what any other blow in a war of attrition does - it's another blow. On its own, it wouldn't achieve anything, but it is part of what would hopefully be a cumulative effect. You very often ask "what would it achieve" when the discussion is about protests. The answer has to be "We don't know yet, but we do know that doing nothing will achieve nothing".

A blow to who and how is it a blow?

I can understand some methods that are logically thought out, but others seem to be done for the sake of it and then just put down to "its better than nothing".

skyblueinBaku

A blow to who and how is it a blow?

I can understand some methods that are logically thought out, but others seem to be done for the sake of it and then just put down to "its better than nothing".
Embarrassing the EFL and Sisu in front of a large audience would keep the pressure on them. It would certainly add fuel to the fire, and may result in the EFL being told in no uncertain terms by Parliament that they have to do something about football governance. Similarly, Sisu may get some backlash from their investors about their inept handling of their investment.

I also think that the match that confirms our (almost) inevitable relegation is an ideal time for a protest.

Nick

Administrator
Embarrassing the EFL and Sisu in front of a large audience would keep the pressure on them. It would certainly add fuel to the fire, and may result in the EFL being told in no uncertain terms by Parliament that they have to do something about football governance. Similarly, Sisu may get some backlash from their investors about their inept handling of their investment.

I also think that the match that confirms our (almost) inevitable relegation is an ideal time for a protest.

That's assuming that SISU's investors will be watching and see it though or read about anything or actually care. All they will worry about is what is in their bank account from the investment, not what other people say about something they may not even have any money in. They will know themselves how investments are doing, they won't need football fans to tell them.

I can't see it changing much with the EFL by saying let down by them or them being that embarrassed by it. A bigger embarrassment would have been a full boycott which would never happen though, another one would be a boycott of checkatrade's services etc etc.

I don't doubt there will be protests of some sort at Wembley either, I have never been to the new one but I'd imagine it's a lot harder to get on the pitch for example for that sort of action.

Users who are viewing this thread