Man Beheaded in the street in Woolwich (1 Viewer)

dutchman

I think Drummer Rigby should be given a full state funeral.

Also a Wembley benefit match with the proceeds going to his widow and child.

bigfatronssba

Bastards at it again in Paris.

Brighton Sky Blue

In other words you have no argument against the points I made.

Your own theory of democracy is frankly ludicrous. To suggest our system is no democratic is an absurdity. For a start the parliament act will always be used to put a bill through regardless of any protest from a second chamber.

Crudely if everyone voted for one party that party could excercise its powers regardless of a second chamber.

We also have a free and varied press - unlike your friend Chavez.

How is the UK a democracy when we don't elect the ultimate leader?

Mucca Mad Boys

And the absence of an elected 2nd chamber with democratic legitimacy to scrutinise, amend and or block bills, Grendel pointed out the Parliament Act, that was a trap, so the unelected Lords can't block government bills, so the exec can pass a bill without their consent, there is no effective check on the PM's power in the UK - there needs to be separation of powers.

Grendel keeps sidetracking to Venezuela, whatever you think of them, they have a similar political system to the USA and France, the bastions of 'democracy', yet Venezuela actually has the most proportional electoral system than both - admittedly, I'm a fan of both the 2nd ballot and the party list voting systems.

Grendel

In simple terms consider every person in the country voted for one party. All their constitution will become law. This has to be considered effective democracy.

A non political non elected head of state does not interfere with democracy - it enhances the process.

Brighton Sky Blue

In simple terms consider every person in the country voted for one party. All their constitution will become law. This has to be considered effective democracy.

A non political non elected head of state does not interfere with democracy - it enhances the process.

I fail to see how. Accident of birth is no way to decide a leader.

Users who are viewing this thread