Marlon King to sign this week! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
According to a few sources he will be signing for us when he comes out of prison this week.

I personally think he will be a good signing as long as he has stayed fit of course.

smileycov

Facebook User
yep, happy with that......he is gonna sign for some one so let us benefit!!

smileycov

Facebook User
young players with far too much money, girls on tap, booze and boredom. Footballers are gonna allways have issues. i think john terry is a knob, but would i like him in sky blue? of course i would.
He has served his time lets hope he behaves while with us and start afresh

smileycov

Facebook User
COVENTRY CITY have today made an official bid for Everton FC striker Lukas Jutkiewicz.
It is understood that Sky Blues chairman Ray Ranson has made a cash offer for the Toffees frontman, who enjoyed a successful loan spell with Motherwell last season.
The Sky Blues have already had a season-long loan bid for the 21-year-old frontman rejected by Goodison Park chiefs but are now keen to bring him to the Ricoh Arena on a permanent basis.

Jutkiewicz has just one year to run on his current deal with Everton after making only one appearance for the club since his £1m transfer from Swindon in 2007.

Sky Blue Luke

Which one would ye take tho between the 2?

King for me.

Would like to have Nile Ranger on loan from Newcastle, he's been linked with Palace.

Jay88

Marlon King will be a good signing .... proven at championship level and id rather he played for us than against us.

smileycov

Facebook User
take em both, king is free (forgive the pun!) and we have not spent yet so good money for Lukas

Disorganised1

young players with far too much money, girls on tap, booze and boredom. Footballers are gonna allways have issues. i think john terry is a knob, but would i like him in sky blue? of course i would.
He has served his time lets hope he behaves while with us and start afresh

Why would you want John Terry ? He's slow, disrupts the team and abandons his defensive duties too often. Plus he's a knob.

Disorganised1

I guess it comes down to what your values are.

I've supported City for nearly 50 years, and I don't think King is the type of person who should be around the club. There were enough warnings about Lee Hughes before he arrived, and look how he turned out.
I know everyone is now going to say what a great job Dennis Wise did, but for me he was not the sort of player I want associated with MY club.

smileycov

Facebook User
i think you may have missed the point!!!

people don't want marlon due to his off field issues, not his football abilities. i say give him chance.............plus john terry is a knob!!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I see that Kings agent has told Sky that there are a number of clubs intrested in him now,including some premier league clubs.I'd be very suprised if anyone from the Prem are intrested,just trying to drum up intrest me thinks.

Sky Blue Luke

Disgraced footballer Marlon King, constantly being linked with a move to Coventry City after his release from prison yesterday, has been linked with a possible move to Championship club QPR.

King was released yesterday on licence after serving 9 months of an 18 month sentence for sexually assaulting a woman and his agent has been trying to find a club interested in taking the striker.

Coventry City were always going to be linked for two reasons. The main one being the manager Aidy Boothroyd managed King while the pair were both at Watford, where King played some of his best football and where Boothroyd helped to keep him out of trouble.
Coventry City are also on the lookout for an experienced striker and King, apart from his nefarious extra curricular activities, is an experienced striker.

Now, the Daily Mirror are reporting that QPR manager Neil Warnock is thinking about taking King to Loftus Road. Warnock is the type of manager who will allow the tide of public opinion to wash right over him and is a tough enough manager to keep King in line.

SWSkyBlue

Facebook User
I think signing King will be a big mistake, sure he's done his time but its about role models to the young kids who support our great club. Its not as though this was his first offence. Lets set an example and have nothing to do with him. The Sky Blues don't need him.

hsccfc

I really hope we sign this 'icing on the top of the cake' Premier league striker soon, if we don't (it has been reported to have fell through) King will be our big eighth signing and our new no. 9. But if we do sign this Striker i wouldn't mind having King as a bit of a bonus, i think if that were to happen our front line would look pretty sharp.

Nick

Administrator
I think King was released yesterday so who knows what has happened since then!

I would personally like to see King added to our front line for a different option but who knows what will happen!

covladzak

I hope not... Might as well sign Lee Hughes too and change the name to Coventry Convicts Football Club......

Sky Blue Luke

Coventry City manager Aidy Boothroyd has said that he spoke to Marlon King on Friday but at the moment, he has interest in other players.

King was released from Prison on Thursday, having has been place on the Sex Offenders Register and appeared on Sky Sports News on Friday, claiming he was a changed man.

"I have had a conversation with him. I spoke to him on Friday, just to say I thought that the interview that appeared on Sky was humbling. He made his mistakes and has came out and said that," said Aidy Boothroyd to the CT.

"I think it is important whether it is Marlon King or anyone else - and I have always said this - that people deserve a second chance.

"He has got a story to tell and he obviously wants to tell that story and as he puts it, things might not be as clear cut as perhaps what have been made, and you have to respect an individual's right to want to speak. But I thought the way he came across was terrific and I just phoned him to say that.

"There is nothing more in it than that. It is all about Portsmouth for us now and for Marlon it is about getting himself back with his family, his wife and his kids and, I guess, re-establishing himself in football will come at a later date because I think family will probably come first for him now."

Nick

Administrator
I think QPR are in for him as well. I don't think he would fit their bill as he isn't from Crystal Palace and past it...

*Waves to the QPR Fans*

:p

Coventry La La La

I'm suprised Ranson wasn't waiting outside his jail cell with a contract :p

I think he has alot to offer to are club in terms of championship experiance and could maybe be are 15-20 goal a season striker once he hits fitness/form

Sign him up!!!!!!

Last edited:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Have a chuckle at this:

[video=youtube;Ii15pCuIWXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii15pCuIWXY[/video]

If you look carefully Marlon King runs over and pulls Aidy Boothroyd away and tells him to use his head.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Sky are saying that QPR are ready to offer King a deal.

SkyBlueMania

I'm beginning to think we really should take him, he may take a wee while to hit form but i think he would definitely be worth the risk!

Nick

Administrator
I reckon he will leave it until the Premier League starts and all of the attention is on Man Utd or something equally as boring.

Demuleccfc

The Mirror reports that we are back in talks with King and expected to announce him signing for us later in the week.....

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
The telegraph has stated laurent will also sign this week!! happy days :wave:

CovLis86

Im still semi expecting a big signing and i dont know why..... Would either Laurent or King count as a massive signing?! Probably not in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread