Masks at the Arena (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I sat a few times in a bar in new street station waiting for my train just watching the concourse it was clear 10-20% of people didn't have a mask even though it was mandatory (lets not pretend they were all exempt, even the society for Asthma suggested it was better to wear a mask than not) the amount of times people pushed past me in a shop to get something out of a fridge or off a shelf was unnerving and generally was the age group of the people we were trying to protect at the time. There is a larger proportion of selfish people in our society than you give credit for. If there wasn't it would be nowhere near as bad as it's been.

I'm guessing this was yesterday?

People are being a lot less covid friendly now than they were a year ago. I see what you are saying, but it wasn't really my point.

skyblu3sk

I'm guessing this was yesterday?

People are being a lot less covid friendly now than they were a year ago. I see what you are saying, but it wasn't really my point.
Nope, a few times last year and just after the restaurants reopened. Both times way before "freedom day".

shmmeee

Won’t have the “British people are arseholes” take TBH. We’ve generally lead the world on compliance without force at first, and in lack of vaccine skepticism. The loud idiots aren’t representative of most people.

On masks in particular, while we’re not the highest country, we’re in that group of 80-90% compliance and much better than places like Denmark, Netherlands, Australia, and Finland: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...ov-Covid-19-Behaviour-Tracker_20201020_vF.pdf

skyblu3sk

Won’t have the “British people are arseholes” take TBH. We’ve generally lead the world on compliance without force at first, and in lack of vaccine skepticism. The loud idiots aren’t representative of most people.

On masks in particular, while we’re not the highest country, we’re in that group of 80-90% compliance and much better than places like Denmark, Netherlands, Australia, and Finland: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...ov-Covid-19-Behaviour-Tracker_20201020_vF.pdf

I think that tracks with the 10-20% that I was talking about doesn't it... to be fair I didn't say everyone but the arseholes aren't helping...

shmmeee

I think that tracks with the 10-20% that I was talking about doesn't it... to be fair I didn't say everyone but the arseholes aren't helping...

But the number of arseholes is among the best in the world. We could be in some countries where it’s 40-50%

letsallsingtogether

But the number of arseholes is among the best in the world. We could be in some countries where it’s 40-50%
well I am on Majorca at the moment and have only seen one person so far with no mask.

shmmeee

well I am on Majorca at the moment and have only seen one person so far with no mask.

Id imagine an place where it’s entire economy is tourism is extra motivated. Doesn’t change that there’s many places much worse than the UK. We aren’t the best but we’re nowhere near the worst.

Sick Boy

Id imagine an place where it’s entire economy is tourism is extra motivated. Doesn’t change that there’s many places much worse than the UK. We aren’t the best but we’re nowhere near the worst.
What are the worst countries then?

skyblu3sk

I still don't think we should be celebrating one in 5 being an arsehole that can't put others before themselves... but that's humans for you.

Users who are viewing this thread