Masks at the Arena (1 Viewer)

SBT

* Club asks for fans to wear masks inside the stadium
* No requirement to be vaccinated
* Club will refund your ticket if you test positive before the game
* Fans asked to stay socially distanced "wherever possible"

Doesn't sound like any of the above is going to be enforced, so not sure it will make any difference. Curious what the mood will be like in the concourses too.

hill83

Masks won’t be worn. Let’s be honest. People won’t sit in their own seat at the football without resorting to scrapping with the stewards. Or even sit down. Never mind their own seat. And all of the above is mandatory.

fatso

Wearing a face covering will be right up some hooligans street.
Not that we have any hooligans at ccfc of course!

theferret

500 City fans at Cheltenham, I saw 2 wearing a mask. Sporting events all over the place, including cricket on right now, not a single mask worn. Club know this.

shmmeee

Not wearing one

giphy.gif

rob9872

I'll be wearing a gimp mask

Grendel

rob9872

Danny Thomas has sold his now Max is on the rock and roll - is it his?
No it was Max's mask and I'll be masturbating in it but not during the game

Grendel

No it was Max's mask and I'll be masturbating in it but not during the game

Well it’s never during the game - scoring in a game was never his thing

wingy

They've only been going a couple of Covid ravaged year's, tbh wouldn't have thought they're big enough to be playing a 32k stadium yet.🤔

Grendel

Hoping to watch up before the end of August, I'd probably end up wearing one most of the time - had to wear them outside more or less constantly for the best part of 4 or 5 months.

It’s fairly obvious the biggest risk is to sit next to someone with no vaccine. The mask protection is tiny in comparison. Do you think anyone not having a double jab should he allowed at all in sports stadiums

theferret

I will wear a mask, definitely in the concours but also in the stadium if I feel I need to for me or others.

Just saying you won't wear one us completely selfish.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It really isn't. Mask wearing is just theatre.

Do what you want tbh, I doubt anyone cares, and you could have taken the same view, but couldn't help but flaunt that false virtue.

Anyhow, been to a few large sporting events recently and nobody bothers. Perhaps 1 in 100. Will be the same Sunday so pointless discussion.

Grendel

I'm more concerned about making sure my dad feels comfortable going.

But surely the biggest protection is sitting next to someone double jabbed?

It’s utterly bizarre to have no vaccine restrictions and some vague recommendations to wear masks

Grendel

It really isn't. Mask wearing is just theatre.

Do what you want tbh, I doubt anyone cares, and you could have taken the same view, but couldn't help but flaunt that false virtue.

Anyhow, been to a few large sporting events recently and nobody bothers. Perhaps 1 in 100. Will be the same at the Sunday so pointless discussion.

It’s ridiculous - sit next to a 20 year old refusing a jab and night clubbing the night before and he wears a mask - or a 79 year old double jabbed without a mask - which is the bigger risk?

symbolism needs to end

Sick Boy

But surely the biggest protection is sitting next to someone double jabbed?

It’s utterly bizarre to have no vaccine restrictions and some vague recommendations to wear masks
I reckon that they'll come in eventually there, I saw something earlier about the nhs app now having something about a 'domestic' section as well.

theferret

It’s ridiculous - sit next to a 20 year old refusing a jab and night clubbing the night before and he wears a mask - or a 79 year old double jabbed without a mask - which is the bigger risk?

symbolism needs to end

Not really arsed about the vaccine thing. I'm jabbed, if someone else isn't, so be it. Yeah, can still catch it but the mortality rate for the double jabbed is miniscule, lower than flu.

More to life than the avoidance of death. We're all going to die soon anyway. Have your vaccine, respect others where you can and get on with life. As a society we're as procteted as we're ever going to be from this. Pretty much everyone has antibodies. Time to get on with living.

Ah man, got involved in a covid thread, damn it.

Paxman II

Are we all forgetting among all the hype and fear that some 98.8% of the population are not at risk? The vaccine will not stop you getting covid or stop you spreading it. The vaccine is supposedly to stop you from becoming extremely ill from covid. The mask thing is nonsense and always has been. I do wish people would start using their common sense and stop listening to the media and the scientist who's models have all been proven wrong so far. Covid exist but the biggest danger are the politicians.

Tommo1993

Arse covering exercise. They can show whatever governing body that they’ve put across the rules. No real control over fans decisions.

better days

I was at a show in London this week. 1200 people, full house 90% wearing masks
Theatre crowds are completely different to football crowds
But of course it's an entirely indoor event

I'd expect the percentages wearing masks to be reversed at any football ground where apart from the concourses it's all outdoors

mr_monkey

Are we all forgetting among all the hype and fear that some 98.8% of the population are not at risk? The vaccine will not stop you getting covid or stop you spreading it. The vaccine is supposedly to stop you from becoming extremely ill from covid. The mask thing is nonsense and always has been. I do wish people would start using their common sense and stop listening to the media and the scientist who's models have all been proven wrong so far. Covid exist but the biggest danger are the politicians.

As someone who was in the ICU for a month, on a ventilator and almost put into a medically induced coma due to covid I would very much like to tell you to fuck off you absolute c**t and take your nonsense elsewhere

NorthernWisdom

Fuck scientists yeah. Bill down the pub is far better qualified on infectious diseases.

Users who are viewing this thread