Match Thread vs Crewe (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Can we do it? I can see us winning 2-1 tonight.

I hope we don't try too hard and get hammered again :(

WillieStanley

City to go all out, Crewe to park the bus. Although they may go for the opening goal in the forst 15 to kill us off a bit. If they do that, it leaves us able to counter which obviously we're brilliant at!! It's all on the first goal. Crewe are a young side and hopefully that will go in our favour. I'm all for the mighty Leon to get the opener. Let's hope their keeper as used up all of his luck because I don't think their defence will cope.

Swanny80

I will take one win against crewe this week

That would mean either we are at Wembley or another good win in the league

Don't mind which it is

One win boys!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I've bet on us winning (and my betting record is about as good as my away record this season, although my last away game was V Sheff United and we managed a result then.

Id like to see a win, and have said on other posts we will win, but thats what my heart is saying, and not necessarily my head.

As long as we don't get thumped ill be happy. 3-0 is a big ask to come back from

LB87ccfc

I think we will either win 2.0 and be unlucky with a couple of chances but give a excellent performance, or score 2 in a 5 minute period and crewe crumble with a 4.1 victory with fleck scoring the winning penalty after coming on as a sub. All in all I hope we have a real go, keep compact with out the ball, and play to our full potential, and IF we do not pull it off, we give them nothing to shout about on saturday and grab three points, in what is the first of three massive games in the league. This saturday in particular with teams in around us playing one another. COMON CITY!! PUSB

ccfcway

two depressing commenbts from teh crewe website

"We'll be fine. Worrying about an outcome that the bookies are offering at 80/1 is barely worth it."

oh, and...

"potential Wembley for the second time in under 12 months is some achievment!"

:(:(:(:(

sw88

Chief Commentator!

"We'll be fine. Worrying about an outcome that the bookies are offering at 80/1 is barely worth it."

oh, and...

The first one is a bit arrogant though! Hope that person lives to regret what they have said!

SlowerThanPlatt

Edge out of the squad completely I think. Says to the fans to keep him "up to date" on Facebook.

Had a pray to the big man on the way back from work. Come on City.

WillieStanley

I think we will either win 2.0 and be unlucky with a couple of chances but give a excellent performance, or score 2 in a 5 minute period and crewe crumble with a 4.1 victory with fleck scoring the winning penalty after coming on as a sub. All in all I hope we have a real go, keep compact with out the ball, and play to our full potential, and IF we do not pull it off, we give them nothing to shout about on saturday and grab three points, in what is the first of three massive games in the league. This saturday in particular with teams in around us playing one another. COMON CITY!! PUSB

I don't think you've quite thought this through, have you?;)

skybluelee

oh, and...

Victor chandler make us 12/1 to go through. Not much more than blackburn were to beat arsenal... Bit different to 80/1.

CovMatt1987

City to go all out, Crewe to park the bus. Although they may go for the opening goal in the forst 15 to kill us off a bit. If they do that, it leaves us able to counter which obviously we're brilliant at!! It's all on the first goal. Crewe are a young side and hopefully that will go in our favour. I'm all for the mighty Leon to get the opener. Let's hope their keeper as used up all of his luck because I don't think their defence will cope.

To say Crewe may go and commit too much forward in the first 15 minutes and therefore WE can hit THEM on the break is pretty wishful thinking I would suggest, considering they are 3-0 up! they dont need to go out and score a goal to kill the tie. not conceeding a goal will do that - they have all the goals they need to kill the tie.

I think we will win or draw tonight, but I dont think it will be enough to go through unfortunately.

stupot07

Murphy, Christie, Cameron, wood, Dickinson, baker, Jennings, bailey, sheff, L Clarke, Elliott

Subs Dunn, J Clarke , Thomas, fleck, Wilson.

skybluegod

Murphy
Christie
Wood
Cameron
Dick

Baker
Jenno
Bailey
Sheffers

Elliot
Clarke

Dunn,Thomas,Clarke,Wilson,fleck

covhead1

its got penalty shoot out written all over it!
so 3-0 city at the 90,
we win on pens :p

Happy_Martian

Right, bets are on with thanks to SkyBet. (and trying to follow Astutes betting styles :p ) Leon hattrick @ 28/1, Cov 4-0 @ 28/1 and Cov to win on pens @ 30/1. Don't normally bet on Cov wins but as I got 13 quid from a Yeovil 1-0 at the last home game, my selection luck may be changing so what the heck :)

PUSB

Happy_Martian

Other area final score : Southend 0-1 Orient after 9 mins (1-1 aggregate)

Dan Griffin

Fucking shitting myself, really can't sit here for 90 minutes, is gonna be torturous:( got so many score lines going through my head can see 0-0 for half time and we won't do it I can see us doing it I don't know !!!!!!! Ahhhhhjj!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread