Mcginnity passed away (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Didn't like him particularly, opinions aside rest in peace

Ian1779

The loss of a loved one is always hard for any family, so for that we should wish them the best at this difficult time.

The one thing I will give him props for is calling out Dhinsa as the fake he was.

Brylowes

I for one won't attend the minutes silence on Tuesday. Sorry to sound harsh, but he is one of the three main reasons for our sorry state over the last decade and a half.With everything that went on that he was party to I wont be shedding any tears today.
Still respect surely,don't think he ever meant the club harm.

KG7

Gave his all to turn the club around and his dedication to not allow usbto enter liquidation was admirable. IMO he made some bad decisions but his intentions were good. REST IN PEACE

usskyblue

Shame he was part of the problem, not the solution.

Richardson claimed he left us in good shape. MM claimed he left us 60 million deep.

Remember the way cheques were being written in the 90's? and the fact that (even in the Premiership) HR was only three quarters full, on a good day. Then selling the ground we owed, to move and pay ridiculous rent?

I don't know what you can effectively do when you take over a club that deep in the shit.

I suppose; Don't take over is the obvious answer.

fernandopartridge

The damage he and his ilk did to this club makes SISU look like angels.

Would always observe a minutes silence as he is only human mind you.

stevefloyd

What has gone has gone we are now in a better position...don't harbour grudges you can't do nothing about the past you're only in control of the future...RIP MM sad for anybody to lose their close ones !!!

skybluejelly

Did he not have to pay £250,000 to acl recently as he had underwritten the rent .. Like others have said most of the things he did were done with the best intentions .. That is 2 life presidents gone in a couple of weeks .. Long may the other 2 live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usskyblue

He also wasn't the sum of his family...

...while you may not respect him, a decent person would think of respecting them.

ollyservetta

rip,talking to one of the porters at the walsgrave not that long ago ,the guy knew him well, away from his role at the club, said what a good bloke he was and would always do his best for people .sometimes you cant do right for doing wrong in certain situations ,there was a lot of descisions made to save the club over a short period of time ,one thing I can be sure of is, no one on here would know the true depth of our problems and dealings , and if there is ,I bet they wouldn't risk talking .thoughts to the family

JimmyHillsbeard

The only thing I'm going to say on this is that I hope the club show the proper level of commiserations in the exactly the way they didn't when former manager Noel Cantwell died.

shy_tall_knight

What has gone has gone we are now in a better position...don't harbour grudges you can't do nothing about the past you're only in control of the future...RIP MM sad for anybody to lose their close ones !!!

In what way are we in a better position since SISU took us over !!! whilst this is not the time to debate his tenure blaming Richardson for everything is a cop out, Richardson was an employee they were the owners, if they didn't like the direction Richardson was taking the club they could and should have stopped him.

NorthernWisdom

In what way are we in a better position since SISU took us over !!! whilst this is not the time to debate his tenure blaming Richardson for everything is a cop out, Richardson was an employee they were the owners, if they didn't like the direction Richardson was taking the club they could and should have stopped him.

Whilst I don't disagree with the main thrust of this, it is worth pointing out Richardson was also one of the owners.

Wonder if this affects the confidentiality deals they all signed...

stevefloyd

I mean football wise... we are looking up for a change instead of watching our arses!!

Grendel

We should say RIP and not post opinions either way for now.

If the club consider a minutes silence necessary then I would honour it.

usskyblue

The only thing I'm going to say on this is that I hope the club show the proper level of commiserations in the exactly the way they didn't when former manager Noel Cantwell died.

Wouldn't that be perpetuating something that was wrong in the first place? Or are you making it okay by labeling it 'karma' ?

Grendel

Wouldn't that be perpetuating something that was wrong in the first place? Or are you making it okay by labeling it 'karma' ?

I don't think it would be right or wrong in this instance if there was a minutes silence. On that occasion it was just plain wrong not to.

Monners

RIP to MM.

A minute's silence is of course very appropriate, and should be respected by all.

Last edited:

Grendel

Gave his all to turn the club around and his dedication to not allow usbto enter liquidation was admirable. IMO he made some bad decisions but his intentions were good. REST IN PEACE

His dedication to not allowing the club to go into administration was not the correct choice.

letsallsingtogether

His dedication to not allowing the club to go into administration was not the correct choice.

But he believed it was does that make him a bad man...........
Just like selling out to Sisu I hate them but who was to know the shit that would follow?

Before you answer of course you did;)

Users who are viewing this thread