Mcginnity passed away (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Jeez between this and the Reda trolls, we really di have some bellend fans.

I didn't agree with all that went on, but was what he thought was best at the time and we'd all love a bottle of hindsight. Besides Richardson was the real villain that started the problems.

rip mm, genuine football man.

Skybluefaz

He was the driving force behind the Ricoh move and getting it completed on time.

I met met him a couple of times and he always seemed a decent chap. Although he was a West Brom fan he always had CCFCs best interests at heart.

RIP Mike and best wishes to your family at this sad time.

Of course he was, his company was supplying the seats ££££

RIP though Mike.

Brighton Sky Blue

Minutes silence or nothing. Fuck this minutes applause stuff

Whatever it is I hope it is better co-ordinated than the minute's silence intended for Don Howe that turned into sporadic applause and ultimately a bit of a farce.

Sky Blue Harry H

RIP MM.

With regards to the silence/applause debate, I've always dreaded the silence bit waiting for it being 'spoiled' by a few idiots (albeit I can't remember it happening too often - just annoys me when they do); however, with the applause bit, you don't have the 'worry' of someone spoiling it. It also allows those who don't want to applaud to do so, without irking others. Better way round imho?

rob9872

RIP MM.

With regards to the silence/applause debate, I've always dreaded the silence bit waiting for it being 'spoiled' by a few idiots (albeit I can't remember it happening too often - just annoys me when they do); however, with the applause bit, you don't have the 'worry' of someone spoiling it. It also allows those who don't want to applaud to do so, without irking others. Better way round imho?

Sad state of affairs that we should have to do this because of a few idiots but that is modern society and so I kind of agree.

Have to admit though when we were away at Walsall and the queen mum died, I managed to phone my mate stood three seats away about 4 times in a minute. Totally disrespectful of me but pissed myself like a schoolboy.

rob9872

in fairness i was laughing at him fumbling around while others glared at him as though it was his fault. Would never do it fir club connections or things like rememberence day, but understand why some would have been annoyed.

ccfctommy

I remember Crewe away when we won 6-1. Princess Margaret died. My dad was fuming cos he had the Queen Mother in the dead pool.

rob9872

I put Walsall but thinking back it could have been Crewe, although surely we didn't have a silence for Margret, can't remember. Where are you from Tommy cause we also had a deadpool with those two in. Ours was in Warwick don't know if same one.

Skyblueloyal

I for one won't attend the minutes silence on Tuesday. Sorry to sound harsh, but he is one of the three main reasons for our sorry state over the last decade and a half.With everything that went on that he was party to I wont be shedding any tears today.

Me too

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
RIP MM

It isn't about him any more is it. It is about the hurt and sadness of his family and loved ones that are left to carry on without a husband, father, brother, grand-dad, friend. Not making that hurt or sadness harder to bear, but easing their sorrow just a little.

hutch1972

His dedication to not allowing the club to go into administration was not the correct choice.

Always been my stance on things. The debt at the time was almost exclusively owed to the board members hence the refusal to accept the inevitable.
They all lost the lot eventually anyway , so nothing was gained and 7 years of a potential re-build was lost.
Never nice to see anybody pass so rip mike.

vow

Minutes silence for Mike McGinnity before Walsall game.

Confirmed on the official site.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

People have opinions about what is the right or wrong thing to do every day in life. Just because we may or may not have agreed with his decisions made for the club, I can't comprehend that people wouldn't show the respect deserved for a man's life. He may not have the made the best decisions, true but it wasn't like he intentionally sabotaged the club. Jeez, I lose faith in humanity sometimes.

shy_tall_knight

I will respect it. That period of CCFC off field management will always be discussed, it was turbulent and has impacts on the club now. I will try to avoid any personal cricism (especially as I don't know all the facts as demonstrated in an earlier post) but he was part of ownership / executive management team that saw the club decline massively. This will always be debated.

NorthernWisdom

People have opinions about what is the right or wrong thing to do every day in life. Just because we may or may not have agreed with his decisions made for the club, I can't comprehend that people wouldn't show the respect deserved for a man's life. He may not have the made the best decisions, true but it wasn't like he intentionally sabotaged the club. Jeez, I lose faith in humanity sometimes.

Personally I think now's the time to avoid all subjective mentions of his motivations, either way.

That can wait until respect for the man's family has passed.

James Smith

He was one of our own, despite the underlying feeling of rancour regarding his tenure at our club.

Didn't he have a bad stroke a few years back? Either way, thoughts are with the family, RIP Mr McGinnity.

Think he had the stroke whilst chairman.

James Smith

Only just seen this and my thoughts are with his family. He did a lot to repair the damage that Richardson did and get the debt down.

Grendel

Only just seen this and my thoughts are with his family. He did a lot to repair the damage that Richardson did and get the debt down.

Well he got Geoffrey Robinsons debt down

James Smith

Well he got Geoffrey Robinsons debt down

I thought that the co op bank had their debt reduced not Robinson who was still £20m in the hole when SISU came in and he lost that. Did he ever loan more than that?

Last edited:

Hobo

allegedly took more out of ccfc than he ever put in
That's the trouble with this club; as a fan you are always wading through rumour and speculation rather than being able to assess transparent facts.

I doubt whether MM intention was to destroy the club.

skybluetony176

That's the trouble with this club; as a fan you are always wading through rumour and speculation rather than being able to assess transparent facts.

I doubt whether MM intention was to destroy the club.

They were saying on CWR that when he took over the club was in a whole for £60M and he got that down to £25M.

Hobo

ie he sold our premier league stars on relegation
Hartson/Hadji/Kirkland/Bellamy and a few others

That was all that happened

But the club couldn't continue the way it had been run. The great thing about the club this season isn't just how well we are performing and the fact we are in the top four....it is that is being achieved by working to a realistic budget. That is the only way this club will really move forward.

Users who are viewing this thread