Mcqoid (3 Viewers)

turlykerd

I don't know about you, but after watching football for 20 years i have picked up the ability to spot a bit of potential in a player. 30 mins -60mins is enough for me to see if a player has the basics to be an asset. Quality is permanent and often shines through, McWank has looked nothing but terrible.

i dont think it was bigmac's fault that we gave the ball away so many times in midfield and you cant really blame or single out olmacdonaldhadafarm when the whole team looked real poor until the changes in the second half. its true macgyver ran around for the whole game but its still far too early to be calling macgruber a flop. hopefully by dec you'll be calling him Mcgoals and he'll have proved a few people wrong....Mcfingers Mccrossed

fernandopartridge

Was it Miller who had that saucy little run and then dragged it just wide? I don't know what most of our players look like yet.
It was Swanson.

I have a feeling the pre season tour didn't achieve what SP wanted. Games cancelled + bad weather. I think they are not where they should be in terms of match fitness. It was apparent in how sluggishly they started.

Foozer

Josh McQuoid should'nt be thought of as a striker (regarding his goalrecord). He has probably played no more then 15-20 games as a striker (his best position) throughout his career. Give him him some time in that position and he'll come good.

Bournemouth-fan

Chipfat

We have to remember we are a very average L1 side, and not one of the senior players would be more than a squad player in any leagues above, non have the multiple attribute's to reach a higher level.. Fleck is talented but not quick enough, Baker has the ability but not consistent and that matches Swanson, O Brian and Mcqoid as for Johnson has not got a full season in him, which is why they are with us..

As for the younger one's it's very hard for them in a struggling side to develop with confidence, what they should do is show desire to step up and follow Christie and Wilson to a higher level.. I think they will make mistake's, in one game you will see some good bad and ugly, but that then becomes the difference with those who step up and those who don't.... Thomas, Clarke and Daniel's have something but they are not learning fast enough, or what they have is not enough,, where as Christie and Wilson had more than one trick,, Speed, Quickness, Strength and half decent ability, the others have 1 of the skill set...

We have brought in what we can afford , we are trying to bring young kids on but within that all have to except the level of ability week in week out will be mixed.. It's hard for fans to watch or keep supporting a decline in standard but it's where the club has been taken,, patience with everything around the club now is key.. 1 or 2 games make no difference in judging players you see what you see and most players can be picked out very quickly on the standard,, i don't blame the players it's the situation in every case that's to blame.....

Last edited:

Robccfc87

i dont think it was bigmac's fault that we gave the ball away so many times in midfield and you cant really blame or single out olmacdonaldhadafarm when the whole team looked real poor until the changes in the second half. its true macgyver ran around for the whole game but its still far too early to be calling macgruber a flop. hopefully by dec you'll be calling him Mcgoals and he'll have proved a few people wrong....Mcfingers Mccrossed
I hope you're right and then McGreggs will look like a bit of a McTit!!

LJC_CCFC

Two games in and new players are getting slated.

Last season in the first two games with the GODS OF FOOTBALL in our ranks (Baker, Clarke, Wilson and Moussa) our results were:

Crawley 3-2 Coventry
Orient 3-2 Coventry

Hmmm let's give them 10 games at the very least

mark82

We should be playing Baker whilst he is still here. It's like we are trying to force one of our best players out. Madness.

Otis

Mcwank? I am surprised that you haven't been signed up to script a new satire on the BBC. With such marvellous play on words ability you could rival the likes of Curtis and Elton during their 80's heyday.

Think if he carries on being so anonymous in games he's more likely to be known as McVoid in the future.

Hobo

Think if he carries on being so anonymous in games he's more likely to be known as McVoid in the future.

Or once he goes back to Bournemouth McAvoid ;-)

No seriously, too early to judge. I think he has some football in him, whether he will he will bang in loads of goals, but think he can do a job for us.

Service he got was poor last night.

Otis

Or once he goes back to Bournemouth McAvoid ;-)

No seriously, too early to judge. I think he has some football in him, whether he will he will bang in loads of goals, but think he can do a job for us.

Service he got was poor last night.

He looks a little tubby, so more likely he actually has some football in him.

Hobo

He looks a little tubby, so more likely he actually has some football in him.

Won't argue with that lol.....I must have several, no wonder the diet ain't working!

Ian1779

Used to be a bloke at the ricoh who would do that, usually got Eastwood and mcsheffrey mixed up

I remember a couple of guys at the Ricoh saying for 80 minutes how crap Baker had been playing in the game. Screaming 'fucks sake Baker' and 'you can't even pass it 5 yards' repeatedly.

Baker wasn't even playing.

duffer

Other clubs probably have a sponge and we don't have one.

We had to flog the sponge. We didn't want to let it go, but Nuneaton came in for it and at that point the decision was really taken out of our hands. When a sponge wants to go, a sponge goes.

We have got a couple of flannels and a wet wipe in return, though admittedly they are short term loans, and the wet wipe is slightly torn at the moment. ;)

skybluejelly

I remember a couple of guys at the Ricoh saying for 80 minutes how crap Baker had been playing in the game. Screaming 'fucks sake Baker' and 'you can't even pass it 5 yards' repeatedly.

Baker wasn't even playing.
that wasn't pressley and macfarlane was it

Users who are viewing this thread