Mcqoid (1 Viewer)

Evans1883

So can somebody tell me what this yeti offers , and how he managed to miss a pre season and just jump into the starting 11 ahead of miller

Greggs

Work rate, ability to sprint for 90 minutes and an awful scoring record over 8 year career.

Evans1883

He's certainly played enough to be written off so let's send him packing.
looks like he dont give a toss about being here , like allsop saturday , i genuinely thought hed smoked an ounce of blow before kick off , point stands though , miller looks a threat , mcqoid does not

Greggs

He's certainly played enough to be written off so let's send him packing.

I don't know about you, but after watching football for 20 years i have picked up the ability to spot a bit of potential in a player. 30 mins -60mins is enough for me to see if a player has the basics to be an asset. Quality is permanent and often shines through, McWank has looked nothing but terrible.

Grendel

I don't know about you, but after watching football for 20 years i have picked up the ability to spot a bit of potential in a player. 30 mins -60mins is enough for me to see if a player has the basics to be an asset. Quality is permanent and often shines through, McWank has looked nothing but terrible.

Mcwank? I am surprised that you haven't been signed up to script a new satire on the BBC. With such marvellous play on words ability you could rival the likes of Curtis and Elton during their 80's heyday.

ajsccfc

And in those 20 years have you ever spotted a decent player not playing very well? I don't know about you, but I have.

This is not to say McHilariousname will end up good of course, but the season's not even a week old.

shy_tall_knight

How many of us wrote off Robert Rosario when he first came 15 months later a change of manager and position and he was a different player. The same for Craig Bellamy never a number 9 looked a different player when Hartson joined us. However Mcfunny name was very poor and he is 25 at Xmas has scored 8 goals in the last 3 seasons - that is a poor return for a midfielder never mind a strike, can't help but think he was a promising player but is now trying to find his level which may be non-league.

Grendel

How many of us wrote off Robert Rosario when he first came 15 months later a change of manager and position and he was a different player. The same for Craig Bellamy never a number 9 looked a different player when Hartson joined us. However Mcfunny name was very poor and he is 25 at Xmas has scored 8 goals in the last 3 seasons - that is a poor return for a midfielder never mind a strike, can't help but think he was a promising player but is now trying to find his level which may be non-league.

To be fair my view on Rosario never changed.

RFC

Far to early in the season to make judgements on players, having said that his track record isn't brilliant by any stretch of the imagination but I'll just wait and see.

JulianDarbyFTW

Tough to judge him on 2 games. Or 1 if you're like me and didn't go to Bradford. He had no support, isn't tall enough to win the hoofballs, isn't strong enough to be the lone striker. I'd like to see what he looks like in a front 2 in a game we have a foothold in before I pass judgement.

italiahorse

We have bought in players that are not L1 standard or past their best.
It's not their fault this club has bought them in and I am starting to feel sorry for some of them as they get found out.
The blame lies on our management and I suspect Pressley just gets a budget to work with.
As I said earlier when the likes of RFC etc mentioned the numbers of players coming in, that its quality not quantity we want.

I expect the worst this season but I am happy to eat my words.

Grendel

Back the the question...is he likely to be any good Grendel?

His record is hardly encouraging but he should be given a chance. Immediately slating him is not productive.

I can see a scapegoat in the making.
He played well on Saturday, is showing signs of a good player. He works hard and has a good touch. That can't be said for some of the others down there.
Strikers aren't going to look good in this formation or with these players in this formation.

LB87ccfc

Works hard, comes looking for the ball, and gets his head up, maybe should of done a little better with his one and only chance last night, but time will tell. Far too early at the moment.. you be wanking over him if he went and scored 5 in 3 at some point during the season.

savosdad

Banned
Total CockEnd no Ability dont you think with loanees their parent clubs would have kept them if they were reasonably talented

SkyBlue_Bear83

I thought he did well considering we were awful whilst he was on the pitch, he shown himself for the ball. Held it up well and ball retention was very good, didnt really look like threatening the opposition goal though.

Chez78

Look I want inspired when he signed his record is terrible, and every gaffer he's had fancies him as a winger not a striker. I'll support hi when I go cause booing players and all that is just stupid, I do however think he's not what we need in any shape or form.

Surely there are better players who need game time that we could have got on loan?

Greggs

Blah Blah Blah. He has a good touch, works hard, blah blah fucking blah! He was signed as a striker, to score goals, has he had a decent effort on target yet?

skybluedan

They are all fucking just as bad,not just mcquoid and yes if the loans were any good no we would not have them would we,
But the fact is this is where we are at the club, spending no money getting loans and freebies no one else wants.
Think Presley has got the right idea but just not the right tools for the job and this is why we will keep dropping and dropping.
I watched the game last night and thought we looked like a pub team on a Sunday, there is no way that team would be capable of keeping us in the league

shy_tall_knight

Callum Ball has now joined st Mirren, only 21 but in his spell at Cov saw one good pass the rest was poor, been to a few clubs with zero impact.McFunny name needs to make an impact here at Cov, in the final year of his contract at Bournmouth after resigning in 2012 4 goals since indicates that he will be released as a freebe in june.

Hobo

You remind me of a fan who sat behind me once, berating Ian Wallace and how anonymous he had been in the first 45 minutes.

After enduring a full 15 minutes of his crap analysis I just had to turn round and point out that Wallace was not playing, he was injured.

Nick

Administrator
You remind me of a fan who sat behind me once, berating Ian Wallace and how anonymous he had been in the first 45 minutes.

After enduring a full 15 minutes of his crap analysis I just had to turn round and point out that Wallace was not playing, he was injured.

Used to be a bloke at the ricoh who would do that, usually got Eastwood and mcsheffrey mixed up

Greggs

Thanks for the story, but how is this relevant to me?

fernandopartridge

Just going on what I saw last night, much worse. Too hard to judge on one game though, let's give him a chance.

Miller looked quite sharp though.
He managed to run around for 90 minutes so on that basis is substantially better than Manset who struggled with 15.

ajsccfc

Was it Miller who had that saucy little run and then dragged it just wide? I don't know what most of our players look like yet.

Users who are viewing this thread