McSheffrey's City best 11 he has played with (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Gary McSheffrey's best Coventry City XI

lklk_ey8ieenyc9b1quvi3wf75a0x.png

clint van damme

They do something similar to this in the program where a current City player chooses the best 11 they've ever played with.
Of the ones I read this season Kyle Reids team was outstanding, Tezez and Sheringham up front!

Nick

Administrator
They do something similar to this in the program where a current City player chooses the best 11 they've ever played with.
Of the ones I read this season Kyle Reids team was outstanding, Tezez and Sheringham up front!

I prefer Tevez, Tezes is his dodgy mexican cousin ;)

Adge

Well no surprises with the old pals act of Doyle.

Terry Gibson's perm

Well no surprises with the old pals act of Doyle.

As soon as I saw this I thought Doyle would be in it, when you think of some of the sides players from a bit earlier could pick it shows some of the average he played with.

crowsnest

this story has just gone up on the CT site but check out the comments at the bottom - they are dated 78 days ago.

oscillatewildly

He made his debut in the 4-1 win at Villa, he could have cheekily snuck in Boateng, Nilsson, Whelan or Hickory. Breen was 10 times the player Shaw was.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Beat me to it FP! 2 goals each from Aloisi & Boateng that day yet neither made it into his "Best" XI. It's his choice of course but I wonder how much was 'pals' over talent.

Adge

As soon as I saw this I thought Doyle would be in it, when you think of some of the sides players from a bit earlier could pick it shows some of the average he played with.
Yes indeed. Well lets face it he was no better than average himself.

fernandopartridge

McSheffrey made 3 appearances in 1999/2000 which means he played in the same squad as Keane and Hadji, neither are Michael Doyle or Marlon King though!

Sky Blue Harry H

Dion Dublin ? (versus Marlon/Joachim)

Did Sheffers not play in same team as Dion? If he did, I'm surprised he hasn't had a shout.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think a few are missing a point that he is going to pick a side of players he played with regularly-and knew their game or had an understanding with. And seeing as it is "his team" it's gonna include his mates and people he wants to play with. It does not appear that he is approaching it in a geeky "hmm what is the best possible XI I can pick, technically? Who's eligible?" way!

On Joachim, he was a proper sick note. I remember when I moved to Leamington people kept saying things like "whaaat, does he still play for you?!? He's in the Royal Prior's every day shopping, I thought he'd retired!" But Sheff and Joachim formed a formidable "little and little" Memorial Park Bomb Squad partnership when Black took over. It was liquid football, fast, attacking, spectacular. The Old Six. Even Shaw got in on the act with that screamer against Gillingham! Then we sacked Black, replaced him with Reid, Sheff buggered off to Birmingham, Joachim rejected our contract offer to take the money at Leeds, and our terminal decline continued...

Grendel

McSheffrey made 3 appearances in 1999/2000 which means he played in the same squad as Keane and Hadji, neither are Michael Doyle or Marlon King though!

He definitely played in the same team as Keane and Hadji

skybluetom

He'd have played with Hadji, Keane and Hedman. None of whom make the team. Hopefully he doesn't see management as his next step after playing!

Brighton Sky Blue

Sod that what about his worst 11:

Manager: A. Thorn

Debec

O'Neill
Malaga
R Brown
Wright

McMaster
Barrett
Wood
Al-Idrissi

Ball
Olszar

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I think a few are missing a point that he is going to pick a side of players he played with regularly-and knew their game or had an understanding with. And seeing as it is "his team" it's gonna include his mates and people he wants to play with. It does not appear that he is approaching it in a geeky "hmm what is the best possible XI I can pick, technically? Who's eligible?" way!

On Joachim, he was a proper sick note. I remember when I moved to Leamington people kept saying things like "whaaat, does he still play for you?!? He's in the Royal Prior's every day shopping, I thought he'd retired!" But Sheff and Joachim formed a formidable "little and little" Memorial Park Bomb Squad partnership when Black took over. It was liquid football, fast, attacking, spectacular. The Old Six. Even Shaw got in on the act with that screamer against Gillingham! Then we sacked Black, replaced him with Reid, Sheff buggered off to Birmingham, Joachim rejected our contract offer to take the money at Leeds, and our terminal decline continued...

That's not what happened at all, McSheffrey was transfer listed with quite a few other players under McAllister. Had a good loan spell with Luton he was recalled and got a run in our team, keeping his place under Eric Black till he was (unfairly) sacked. McSheff was then a regular under Reid and then Mickey Adams, then he was sold 3 games into the 06/07 season to Birmingham. We then replaced him with Kevin Kyle and Leon McKenzie .
Don't know about the Memorial Park bomb squad

Adge

That's not what happened at all, McSheffrey was transfer listed with quite a few other players under McAllister. Had a good loan spell with Luton he was recalled and got a run in our team, keeping his place under Eric Black till he was (unfairly) sacked. McSheff was then a regular under Reid and then Mickey Adams, then he was sold 3 games into the 06/07 season to Birmingham. We then replaced him with Kevin Kyle and Leon McKenzie .
Don't know about the Memorial Park bomb squad
Got the move on the back of a fit Julian Joachim who had half a football brain alongside Mcsheffrey.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Got the move on the back of a fit Julian Joachim who had half a football brain alongside Mcsheffrey.

He got the move off the back of a good 05/06 season (first at the Ricoh), where he scored 15 from left wing in behind Adebola and Stern John. Joachim had long fucked off by then, so not sure about that either.

Users who are viewing this thread