Milan van Ewijk Appreciation Thread (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

He’s been signed to be an attacking, speedy wing back. Playing him at full back is clearly not a like for like comparison. Given that you argue wing backs to be midfielders it’s not hard to see the point

What? He can play both. He’s played four times as many games ar RB over his career than WB. Last season he played 12 at WB and 20+ at RB.

I couldn’t care less if he’s been signed to be an art deco paperweight, he blatantly able to play FB.

Bugsy

What? He can play both. He’s played four times as many games ar RB over his career than WB. Last season he played 12 at WB and 20+ at RB.

I couldn’t care less if he’s been signed to be an art deco paperweight, he blatantly able to play FB.

Of course he can play FB, like bidwell he's still allowed to go forward, bidwell put about 12 crosses in against stoke

shmmeee

His recovery speed was amazing on Friday, absolutly smoked players for pace even if they had a headstart.

He is going on to big things I reckon

Ive seen a few people talk about it like it’s a bad thing “oh his pace got him out of trouble” but if he’s that fast he was never in trouble. He seems very good at judging whether he can catch someone.

skybluecam

He’s got everything a full back needs. Defensive work has been impressive in recent weeks too (his pace is a massive asset at both ends of the pitch).

A little bit more work on delivery and more development of the link up between him/Cal/Tatsu and he’ll be a standout player in the championship.

Hutch11

He’s got everything a full back needs. Defensive work has been impressive in recent weeks too (his pace is a massive asset at both ends of the pitch).

A little bit more work on delivery and more development of the link up between him/Cal/Tatsu and he’ll be a standout player in the championship.
Bit more work on delivery????
He set Haji up v Plymouth
Friday he set up CoH in the 1st half
He set up Simms in the 1st half
He put the ball on Haji's head 2nd half and set up CoH for his second
Nothing wrong with his delivery

fernandopartridge

Relative to the good crossing positions he got to it could be better, even the "set up Simms in the 1st half" he delayed crossing which allowed the defender to get across, if he'd played it earlier per Simms' point it's a tap in.

skybluecam

I’m not saying it’s bad, just there may be room for improvement. WhoScored is telling me that 12% of his crosses found a teammate.

Deity

I’m not saying it’s bad, just there may be room for improvement. WhoScored is telling me that 12% of his crosses found a teammate.
Totally agree.

I love watching Tats but he too needs to work on his final ball. When they do, and they will, it will take them both up another level in terms of impact.

Briles

Tbf there's no such thing a rb anymore they're all wbs

alexccfc99

He’s head and shoulders above anything we have at the moment, in my opinion - and that’s not trying to do our other players a disservice

He will make us a lot of money at the end of next season unless we’re promoted in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread