Match Thread Millwall v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 10th Sep (1 Viewer)

ps1948

Yet again an unsupportive post ! You must have been hovering over the keyboard waiting for a Millwall winner
No, he was getting ready to start the chant "Here we go, here we go", in a desperate attempt to gee the boys up and encourage the team he so wholeheartedly supports..............

Kingokings204

Good game and a 1-1 draw is a fair result by my book. Both teams had chances to win it and it was a good honest game of football with both teams getting stuck in and both having a bit of quality also.

Bigi was my man of the match. Ran our midfield and a lot better gadehz who is nothing special at the moment. System worked better today with more space but still has its faults.

Turnbull I think it was for their goal who slipped when he should of ran back and stayed on his feet. Saying that ricketts in the near post should of blocked and was second to the ball and they scored. Big Shame.

Our goal was a cracker and sordell was brilliant today and lead the line amazing. Much better and deserved a goal. A belter.

Chances to win at both ends. 1-1 fair and I would of taken it at 2.59pm so. Disappointing but still.

As for their fan arrested he was a drunk fuelled raging prick. There with kids and has no one to blame but himself. Yes Cov fans taunted him but that's football and ignore them. He has only himself to blame and not us. He was asking for it and had ample opportunities to back off. Himself to blame.

Great game and on to oldham a lot more inspired. Once we win one then it could be on a run.

Lameires on a last note isn't the grade. Poor game again and a squad player at best but don't start him.

Red John

That's a good point earned today, a tough place to go and up against a good side, that should give the boys a bit of confidence now, smash Oldham next week and our season could finally be off and running

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Good game and a 1-1 draw is a fair result by my book. Both teams had chances to win it and it was a good honest game of football with both teams getting stuck in and both having a bit of quality also.

Bigi was my man of the match. Ran our midfield and a lot better gadehz who is nothing special at the moment. System worked better today with more space but still has its faults.

Turnbull I think it was for their goal who slipped when he should of ran back and stayed on his feet. Saying that ricketts in the near post should of blocked and was second to the ball and they scored. Big Shame.

Our goal was a cracker and sordell was brilliant today and lead the line amazing. Much better and deserved a goal. A belter.

Chances to win at both ends. 1-1 fair and I would of taken it at 2.59pm so. Disappointing but still.

As for their fan arrested he was a drunk fuelled raging prick. There with kids and has no one to blame but himself. Yes Cov fans taunted him but that's football and ignore them. He has only himself to blame and not us. He was asking for it and had ample opportunities to back off. Himself to blame.

Great game and on to oldham a lot more inspired. Once we win one then it could be on a run.

Lameires on a last note isn't the grade. Poor game again and a squad player at best but don't start him.

Agreed.

Grendel

Just seen the Sordell goal, its a cracker. The radio commentary really didn't do it justice at the time.

Yes it was a quality strike. Sordell will be a good player as long as he's played as a striker. Until now he's been wasted trying to play a role unsuited to him.

Paxman II

So last week at Fleetwood Sordell was absolutely hopeless. I said he should not be in the squad he was that bad. The new boy Wright looked a way better player in the time he had on the pitch.
Now Sordell hits a cracker after watching his own goal videos!
What do I know? TM's laptop coaching did the trick!

Astute

Time for an admission here. I was an absolute idiot yesterday. I went in with the Millwall supporters :eek:

Was an enjoyable game. The Sordell goal was the best goal I have seen since last year. He had a good game and had their supporters worried a few times. But they were kind of complementary to Bigi. "Who's that little sh1t No.5 for them? He is too good for this division" I turned around to say and just remembered where I was in time :joyful: My other dodgy moment was when we scored. YEEEEAAAA had to suddenly turn to a tirade of abuse to fit in with my surroundings :bag: It was such an unexpected goal it nearly caught me off guard. Great strike with great power. He came close a couple more times. Looks like Sordell could come good for us.

But my praise is for Bigi. Very good performance. By the sound of it he was the best that they have come against this season so far. The player that many of us thought we had brought back to our club. He has the confidence to play the ball at his feet and can pick a good pass. It is good to see him back.

Our defence was strong most of the time. I would have preferred to have seen the defence link together as well as the midfield linked to the forwards. But it wasn't that bad. They restricted Millwall's chances.

Overall first 15 minutes to Millwall. Then we were on top for the rest of the 1st half although there were a few worried moments. Then it was Millwall on top in the second half although we had the chances to win. A fair result although if one side had to win I think we were slightly better at going forward.

Hopefully this game and result will give us the confidence to improve. We made one of the best sides in our division look very average at home.

johnwillomagic

Thought we played well and draw was the fair result - still do not think the formation is right though Sordell looks too isolated up top.
We need a second forward up top still think 4-4-2 is best formation for our team/squad.

Still good point away let's hopefully build upon this one.

clint van damme

Time for an admission here. I was an absolute idiot yesterday. I went in with the Millwall supporters :eek:

Was an enjoyable game. The Sordell goal was the best goal I have seen since last year. He had a good game and had their supporters worried a few times. But they were kind of complementary to Bigi. "Who's that little sh1t No.5 for them? He is too good for this division" I turned around to say and just remembered where I was in time :joyful: My other dodgy moment was when we scored. YEEEEAAAA had to suddenly turn to a tirade of abuse to fit in with my surroundings :bag: It was such an unexpected goal it nearly caught me off guard. Great strike with great power. He came close a couple more times. Looks like Sordell could come good for us.

But my praise is for Bigi. Very good performance. By the sound of it he was the best that they have come against this season so far. The player that many of us thought we had brought back to our club. He has the confidence to play the ball at his feet and can pick a good pass. It is good to see him back.

Our defence was strong most of the time. I would have preferred to have seen the defence link together as well as the midfield linked to the forwards. But it wasn't that bad. They restricted Millwall's chances.

Overall first 15 minutes to Millwall. Then we were on top for the rest of the 1st half although there were a few worried moments. Then it was Millwall on top in the second half although we had the chances to win. A fair result although if one side had to win I think we were slightly better at going forward.

Hopefully this game and result will give us the confidence to improve. We made one of the best sides in our division look very average at home.
an interesting dispatch from behind enemy line Astute, glad you made it out in one piece you mad bastard!

coop

Just watched the highlights why does Rcc rush out after giving the ball away. Leave a big open goal thank god he missed .We need to play agei and sordell upfront reid and Jones on the wings.Turnbull should of cleared that ball bad decision to slide in but I'd of taken a point before the game.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Pleasing to read the positive reviews from those that went yest. Continuing the positive outlook; looking at the table we've played 5 of the current top 8 so maybe our start hasn't been quite that bad.

First game of the season for me and my boy next week and he's already v excited. PUSB.

vow

I do hope the players won't take Oldham for granted, as it also seems a few on here think we'll smash them after yesterday's performance.

I like the optimism, but I'm a realist and hope our expectation level isn't too high.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I do hope the players won't take Oldham for granted, as it also seems a few on here think we'll smash them after yesterday's performance.

I like the optimism, but I'm a realist and hope our expectation level isn't too high.
I don't think the players will, particularly as we haven't won a league game yet.

Plus we owe Oldham for last year's injury time equaliser...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There is no way in hell I thought we'd come out of the Den with anything other than a spanking, so to get a point regardless of the circumstances is encouraging.

I'm sure the players overall will be happy with that and will have hopefully taken some confidence from it.

I don't think we're anywhere near good enough to challenge this season, but if we can go and beat Oldham, then we can at least be going in the right direction.

Astute

Our end wasn't sold out was it?
Went to see a mate in London. Said to him before I went to London to get a couple of tickets for the game if he fancied it. Him being a neutral for both sides got tickets in the Millwall end :nailbiting:

There was no chance of me giving any sort of updates when in with that lot. Didn't even want them to have the chance of knowing that one of us was in with them :)

Speedies_Chips

Went to see a mate in London. Said to him before I went to London to get a couple of tickets for the game if he fancied it. Him being a neutral for both sides got tickets in the Millwall end :nailbiting:

There was no chance of me giving any sort of updates when in with that lot. Didn't even want them to have the chance of knowing that one of us was in with them :)
Don't understand why he would do that if he is neutral and knowing you are a City fan. Perhaps he doesn't like you really and wanted you to get a kicking.

Astute

I had that thought until I thought about where we were playing and how early they would start selling tickets in their away end :D

standupforcity

Lameiras was running the whole game at times...just don't get what you were seeing!!

Kingokings204

Lameiras was running the whole game at times...just don't get what you were seeing!!

Wow what a statement and you're entitled to it. I think the common feeling is he had another bang average at best game.

He got shoved off the ball most of the time. Apart from a few nice touches he offers nothing. Saturday was no different. If you think lameires was running the game at times on Saturday I would suggest you are in the minority on this one.

standupforcity

Wow what a statement and you're entitled to it. I think the common feeling is he had another bang average at best game.

He got shoved off the ball most of the time. Apart from a few nice touches he offers nothing. Saturday was no different. If you think lameires was running the game at times on Saturday I would suggest you are in the minority on this one.

Skill is much needed in this team, and no one provides it like Lameiras...he makes a lot of space for other players and also uses space very well...but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Kingokings204

Skill is much needed in this team, and no one provides it like Lameiras...he makes a lot of space for other players and also uses space very well...but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Yeah probably. Don't get me wrong he has some skill and a few nice touches but never looks like scoring and can't track or tackle. Gets shoved off the ball way to easily and probably why he won't make it past league 1 level.

Users who are viewing this thread