Mobile Phones (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yep, true.

Unfortunately my daughter is incredibly naive and very easily led and influenced. Try so hard to encourage her to be her own person, but if someone says 'jump' she says 'how high.'

Whatever her friends are doing she follows. :(

Otis

50 hand gels for a birthday present? The world has gone mad.
They're £3 a pop too, so that's £150. I say to my daughter 'Just think how much you could get in nice clothes for that!'

What sort of present is 50 hand gels?

Thing is, the parents are buying them for them.

My daughter has just 1 and I won't let her have any more of them. Try and reason with her, but she won't listen to any logic. All her friends have them so she wants them.

Pipehitterz

They're £3 a pop too, so that's £150. I say to my daughter 'Just think how much you could get in nice clothes for that!'

What sort of present is 50 hand gels?

Thing is, the parents are buying them for them.

My daughter has just 1 and I won't let her have any more of them. Try and reason with her, but she won't listen to any logic. All her friends have them so she wants them.
We've been sucked into the the £8 lip balms craze but so far haven't seen this Hand gel thing.

Looking at the girls today, the Make up and pouting is Wtf.
When I was a teenager, plastered on makeup was for dickhead tramptons, and when Victoria Beckham was lambasted for looking like a fish, but now blokes do it too Wtf x 2

Pouting looks like someone is squeezing out a fart, and now with the opened eyes pout it looks like the exact Moment of follow through

Pipehitterz

Honestly believe that people are purposely making themselves look stupid, it's like how far can we push it.
Every Girl looks like a clown school experiment and all the lads look like teenage lesbians

Otis

We've been sucked into the the £8 lip balms craze but so far haven't seen this Hand gel thing.

Looking at the girls today, the Make up and pouting is Wtf.
When I was a teenager, plastered on makeup was for dickhead tramptons, and when Victoria Beckham was lambasted for looking like a fish, but now blokes do it too Wtf x 2

Pouting looks like someone is squeezing out a fart, and now with the opened eyes pout it looks like the exact Moment of follow through
Yep, the pout is ridiculous.

Have you seen the posting of pics too. Nearly always accompanied by 'Not sure' or 'Told to.'

Basically just putting up photos for everyone to say oh, you are so beautiful.'

Otis

And thing is, the photos they put up are always the most beautiful photoshoppingly perfect photos, so they know they look gorgeous in them. Then they type 'Not sure.'

Funnily enough, one of my daughter's friends always puts these pics up and they are always heavily photoshopped and embellished. Anyway, she came round one day and knocked our door and I had no clue who she was. In reality she looks nothing at all like all the photos she puts up.

It's like two different people.

Otis

Honestly believe that people are purposely making themselves look stupid, it's like how far can we push it.
Every Girl looks like a clown school experiment and all the lads look like teenage lesbians
Yep. My daughter is very, very pretty. As soon as she puts make up on though she looks like a clown.

Everyone says she has such a lovely complexion and colour and that she doesn't need make up, but all the 12 year olds are glamming themselves up for school every day, so she wants to too.

Sky_Blue_Daz

We've brought our daughter up to be respectful polite and well mannered
But I've had to teach her to be a bit more streetwise and alert to her surroundings since she started secondary school, she told me and her mum a shocking story about a girl from her old school the other day
I actually want to tell her dad but I've been told to stay out of it

Otis

But I've had to teach her to be a bit more streetwise and alert to her surroundings since she started secondary school, she told me and her mum a shocking story about a girl from her old school the other day
You do hear some stories for sure.

The change in them from primary to secondary is just staggering for the most part.

Always kept my eye on my daughter's social media, just giving it a quick check in the background to see all is well, but suddenly (still 11 years old for the most part), after summer and starting their new secondary school the kids all started swearing and the talk was suddenly very sexual in content.

It was like someone just flicked a switch on. From hardly any swearing at all to swearing in every sentence.

Luckily my daughter doesn't swear, not at all on social media anyway, but all her friends suddenly started doing so.

Been lucky too that she has not been interested in boys, though she is now starting to (and I am totally fine with it).

A lot of the girls now wear make up to school and also wear as provocative clothing as they possibly can when they are out, but yeah, some of the stories..........

Nick

Administrator

That's the thing Daz, we are the same and sometimes she is a bit naive. To the point we walked past some kids the other day and one of them said "Fuck off you little gypsy, you are adopted and your mum is a slag" and these were 8 or 9 years old and she didn't really know what was going on.

Too many kids are Ferrel now,

Sky_Blue_Daz

It's a bloody tightrope I'm at my wits end sometimes with my daughter as much as I love her she frustrates me so much with her attitude occasionally
I know it's her age as she approaching her teens but Christ if I spoke to my dad the way she speaks to me I'd be battered
The funniest thing is everyone else I know comments on how polite and well mannered she is, particularly her teachers at school

She's a great kid though I'm very proud of her

Nick

Administrator
It's a bloody tightrope I'm at my wits end sometimes with my daughter as much as I love her she frustrates me so much with her attitude occasionally
I know it's her age as she approaching her teens but Christ if I spoke to my dad the way she speaks to me I'd be battered
The funniest thing is everyone else I know comments on how polite and well mannered she is, particularly her teachers at school

She's a great kid though I'm very proud of her

She saves it all for you, same with me!

Sky_Blue_Daz

My friends just come back from holiday in Florida
His wife is a spiteful horrible mess Of a woman and its rubbed off on the daughter who is an absolute nightmare

He told me when they were away they went for a meal and the daughter had been a nightmare for a few days he snapped and gave her a snack she's 12
He felt really guilty, they went for dinner and the daughter demanded a filet mignon steak which cost him $40 him and the wife couldn't afford to have a proper meal
She had 2 bites of it and left it
I told him he was a mug for doing that

Nick

Administrator
My friends just come back from holiday in Florida
His wife is a spiteful horrible mess Of a woman and its rubbed off on the daughter who is an absolute nightmare

He told me when they were away they went for a meal and the daughter had been a nightmare for a few days he snapped and gave her a snack she's 12
He felt really guilty, they went for dinner and the daughter demanded a filet mignon steak which cost him $40 him and the wife couldn't afford to have a proper meal
She had 2 bites of it and left it
I told him he was a mug for doing that

Jesus Christ.

I know people like that, their kid demands things just for the sake of it. "I want this, I want that" so they run off to get it for them and they don't eat it claiming they don't like it.

If it was my mine and she had acted like that she would get nothing.

Thing is, they do exactly the same again with the same things. So they demand it, say they dont like it, leave it and then go and get the same thing again and again.

It is like the kid is just playing games.

Sky_Blue_Daz

The fact is he doesn't bother parenting he sods off to do his own thing
The kid is a nightmare had been since I've known them

eastwoodsdustman

Jesus Christ.

I know people like that, their kid demands things just for the sake of it. "I want this, I want that" so they run off to get it for them and they don't eat it claiming they don't like it.

If it was my mine and she had acted like that she would get nothing.

Thing is, they do exactly the same again with the same things. So they demand it, say they dont like it, leave it and then go and get the same thing again and again.

It is like the kid is just playing games.

My niece and Nephew do this all the time. They're scared of me and the misssus as they know we go mad when they keep leaving their whole meal and everyone gets less cos the little shits take it all and dont eat it. Theyre petrified that we will force feed them vegetables too.:)

Users who are viewing this thread