More news on Ryton (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Could! Could! You do know what could means don't you? It's a suggestion, not stated as a fact. How could I state facts when as per usual we have none.
#backtrack

rupert_bear

Do replacement pitches have to be in the Rugby council area or can they be in Cov or West Midlands or Warwickshire areas ?

chiefdave

Is that a direct quote from the matchday programme?
This is what was in the programme.
The public consultation period for Rugby Borough Council's local plan started on 26th September - and the local plan includes our training ground in Ryton which will be allocated for redevelopment at some time in the future.
The board would like to reassure fans that this was always part of the longer term plan to modernise the first-team training base, and upgrade the facilities to fit with the growing needs of the club. At this time the club is simply planning ahead.
We have worked with Rugby Borough Council and Sport England to ensure that the planning process followed is appropriate and the controls required by Sport England are in place. It is important that fans know the current site at Ryton cannot be developed until the club demonstrate to the Rugby Borough Council and Sport England that an adequate replacement has been provided for. Simply, this means that a new training facility much be identified and secured before the current one is sold.

Frankley

Do replacement pitches have to be in the Rugby council area or can they be in Cov or West Midlands or Warwickshire areas ?

That isn't laid out in the Local Plan. All the local plan says:

"Implementation of site allocation DS3.9 can only occur when adequate replacement of pitch provision is made to the satisfaction of Rugby Borough Council and Sport England in accordance with national planning policy."

Skyblueweeman

We all know he's got a property developing business. Do you think he's "Presenting" this out of the goodness of his heart? Sorry SBWM. I creditted you with a bit more "Savvy" Dark days for our Club mate. I think the "Life Support Machine" is about to be switched off.

I didn't know he had a property developing business to be honest and you'll see from my post, I'm not sure why he'd do it. If he does have such a business, then I guess that answers it.

Oh, and I am savvy...don't you forget it kid.

Frankley

The general principle's fine.

If there were any faith in our owners to deliver it!

I dunno, maybe they've been building us a nice shiny new stadium and training facilities, and just hiding them behind a load of bails of hay.

Is Robert Fidler acting as a consultant?

Frankley

My only mistake was presuming that you knew the meaning of the word could. Don't worry. I'll dumb it down just for you next time :)

Oh goodness, there is no need for your rudeness.

Please read what you wrote and my response, the word 'could' is irrelevant.

Now, if you can't play nicely you'll have to go and sit on the naughty step.

Gosford Green

I can not see RBC offering anything but passive resistance as they have to oversee the building of so many houses across the borough as set out by central government. Sports England might be tougher but would they have the stomach for protracted legal challenges from AVRO/SISU.

The last asset of value connected to the club about to be sold off, liquidation is around the corner, text book Hedge Fund operating method.

rupert_bear

Money !! Root of all evil. Managers job at a seriously damaged third division club heading downwards or spearheading a multi-million pound building project. No brainier isn't it.

ceetee

He has also followed him onto the dole quite often. Perhaps this time he didn't fancy signing on, and wanted to keep being paid.
And this time round he's actually a director on the board, not TM's sidelick

Grendel

Grendull a really WOEFUL attempt at Sisu apologist diversion.
Must do better.
You were shit.
The fact is Sisu are stripping our last asset and Venus is fronting it with some embarrassing bullshit story. Normal fans wouldnt be happy with that. then there's you.....

Normal fans being people who wouldn't attend a game if their life depended on it - please don't even pretend you give a shit

Kingokings204

This really is bad news but ties in with the smurf article earlier in the day and then this.

So the current plan is let them sell ryton and build houses in which time we play our home games and training on memorial park with some temporary ropes with a bag of balls and cones from sports direct and then we can get the fuckers gone... ......right got it.

skybluenicky

apologies if it is being answered before, but wasn't it impossible to sell Ryton before firm plans for building a new stadium announced. If I remember well Ryton was used as some form of guarantee.

Kingokings204

apologies if it is being answered before, but wasn't it impossible to sell Ryton before firm plans for building a new stadium announced. If I remember well Ryton was used as some form of guarantee.

Never heard of this. Ryton is used as a debenture for avro who used this as a guarantee on their money of which we owe them 8m plus interest so roughly 10m. This was done in 2012 just before going into admin so it was all protected and backed up after the admin process so the club was given back to sisu. (Otium)

As they won't get their money back and probably want to leave ccfc now if they cash this in then they can finally piss off. That's how I see it anyway.

fernandopartridge

At the end of the day if selling Ryton is the price for getting rid of SISU, is it any worse than the liquidation fairytale peddled here and elsewhere?

gary_ccfcforever

Isn't it strange how Mark Venus incorporated Dedham Vale Homes with companies house on 26th August 2015.... it's on companies house.... I was told this would happen some time ago

dongonzalos

Smart move by him. If this rumour is correct.
Get yourself onto the board and become instrumental in a deal to sell land for housing. When you are a director of s company with a house builder.
Again if the rumour is true it's a shrewd move.

Como

"The Club would like to reiterate that the current site cannot be developed until it has demonstrated to Rugby Council and Sport England that an adequate replacement has been provided for."

Presumably the idea is to rent somewhere cheap and sell Ryton.

Brylowes

"The Club would like to reiterate that the current site cannot be developed until it has demonstrated to Rugby Council and Sport England that an adequate replacement has been provided for."

Presumably the idea is to rent somewhere cheap and sell Ryton.
Keep seeing this, and there is absolutely nothing in the wording of anything I've seen, that
Makes me think this will happen.

georgehudson

& this cretinous situation is allowed to develop,
& true CCFC fans justifiably are angry,
yet, imho,
the myopic, gullible, brainwashed, conceited bigots continue their squawk, to the effect that it's ok,
wake up & smell the appropriate,
the same as CCFC fans who were singing sisu out, were videoed, with a steward saying,
'make sure you got all of them'

ffs, this is dark age mentality

dongonzalos

Well before they sell Ryton they need to agree a deal somewhere that provides the below so it will need to be bigger than Ryton wherever it is ........

Mr Venus, addressing the parish council meeting, said: “As football has become a bigger entity, we need a bigger space “We only have one changing room for under-21s and the first team and there is just not enough space to hold Academy (activities) as well.”

Users who are viewing this thread