More players coming in...ideas? (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Funnily enough, he's playing for Slade FC
Wasn't Slade the prison Norman Stanley Fletcher was incarcerated in?

Grendel

Wasn't judging him on yesterday's game as I wasn't there, formed my opinion on
What I've seen of him before. 3 divisions above where he should be, hmm maybe
That's a bit harsh but I just don't rate him, if we release him I don't think other 3rd
Division clubs would want him either TBH

He's rubbish I agree.

People never look at what players do off the ball. Lameries does absolutely nothing. Even worse with Haynes as he is a defender. He is utterly clueless and just seems to trundle around the pitch where the urge takes him.

I suppose on the ball Haynes can get it right. Lameries can't even do that. No pace and defenders know they can bully him easily.

Why he's even on the bench I don't know.

BigadamL

See how quick he was getting off the pitch when the pitch invasion happened??? Fastest I've ever seen Clarke move. Look at the highlights

ccfchoi87

Jordan Willis - Favourites now Bristol City with Derby, Preston and Rotherham on the radar.
Ben Stevenson - 500k bid rejected from Brentford, 700k will seal move, Stevenson to remain with club until end of season plus Midfielder and Full Back on loan, Wolves showing an interest.
Slade's forward targets include Grimsby's Omar Bogle and Leyton Orient's Jay Simpson.
Midfielder and Defender on loan are rumoured to be from Championship club Brighton.

Taken from facebook

rupert_bear

Looks like Everton are signing Ademola Lookman 20 year old from Charlton Athletic for 11 million quid, now I don't know how good this kid is but 11 million ? Compared to £700k it is said we could get for Stevenson and the couple of million we got for Maddison. Are we selling our stars off cheap ? I think so another example of Fisher inability to do his job.

tom88

Looks like Everton are signing Ademola Lookman 20 year old from Charlton Athletic for 11 million quid, now I don't know how good this kid is but 11 million ? Compared to £700k it is said we could get for Stevenson and the couple of million we got for Maddison. Are we selling our stars off cheap ? I think so another example of Fisher inability to do his job.

You say that but that 11 mil could be with add ons. Maddison's could rise to 9 mil couldn't it?

Cavan O'Doherty

Jordan Willis - Favourites now Bristol City with Derby, Preston and Rotherham on the radar.
Ben Stevenson - 500k bid rejected from Brentford, 700k will seal move, Stevenson to remain with club until end of season plus Midfielder and Full Back on loan, Wolves showing an interest.
Slade's forward targets include Grimsby's Omar Bogle and Leyton Orient's Jay Simpson.
Midfielder and Defender on loan are rumoured to be from Championship club Brighton.

Taken from facebook
Bogle is way out of our price range surely!

steve82

Taken from facebook

Jordan Willis may well be sold to recycle into the team but I don't think it will happen till later in the month. Surely only likely to fetch 250-400k tops depending who's interested with 18 months left on his contract. I don't see him as a 1st choice purchase for many championship clubs, a 2nd 3rd choice maybe as there options fall away. Bristol Rovers are after Preston's Bailey Wright too.

Ben Stevenson, only a matter of time but I see a minor bidding war developing for him, and depending on who the winning bidder is maybe will remain on loan.

Omar Bogle, a non starter.... Wigan, Norwich and any other struggling championship club more likely suitors. Rotherham already bid 350k

Jay Simpson, 50/50 on this one... Shrewsbury also strongly linked with him too

Elliott Omozusi, very likely in my opinion a cheap right back Slade knows well from Orient. Released by Cambridge after falling out of favour having broke his foot preseason. Ready to return to playing after stepping up his rehab work.

4 more loans to arrive most likely.

no_loyalty

Man mountain midfielder Toumani Diagouraga is out of favour at Leeds, would like to see him here on loan

Otis

Hi,
Derby fan here and rumour is you are getting one of our young forwards, Charles Vernam on loan. Charles has been with us a couple of years and been on bench a couple of times. If this is correct you are getting someone better (and less injury prone) than Kwame.
Any good? Score regularly for the U21's?

steve82

Hi,
Derby fan here and rumour is you are getting one of our young forwards, Charles Vernam on loan. Charles has been with us a couple of years and been on bench a couple of times. If this is correct you are getting someone better (and less injury prone) than Kwame.

I was gonna say the last player to come this way from Derby is not a great advert.... yet.

What style of player is he?

Yes, both Keogh and Cyrus have worked out well for us. I don't watch the u23s play so can offer little insight. I believe he is highly rated and, as you have found out, has a good goalscoring record this season. He came as a cfwd and that is probably still his preferred position - Derby do tend to rotate players around different positions in U23s so I think the midfield thing is probably more of giving experience in different positions (and also a function of having 5 first team strikers needing game time in U23s).

Cov kid 55

Thanks for the feedback. Shame you capitulated at Norwich on Saturday, I have friends who are Norwich fans and I can't shut them up!!

Manchester_sky_blue

Thinking about our keeper problem.............. Josh Lillis at Rochdale might be an option. He's been there a while now and appears to be slipping behind Conrad Logan in the pecking order (although both keepers have played a decent amount of games for Dale this season to be fair) and could be available for not that much money. Very solid league 1 keeper.

mark82

Surely it's our turn (sisu allowing Slade to spend a couple of quid) to raid the lower leagues, must be a few decent players knocking about in the conference! Isn't there a lad scoring for fun at Dover?
Let's be one of the 'big boys'.

Drop down a level from that and you have Dave Tarpey at Maidenhead who's scored 28 so far this season or Danny Rowe at Fylde who has scored 32. It's a gamble taking players from lower leagues as you don't know if they can make the step up, however, there are a lot of teams who have picked players up from non league with a lot of success. Many good players down there.

Users who are viewing this thread