Mowbray, Go or Stay? (1 Viewer)

Mowbray, Go or Stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ccfchoi87

My view is that each recent manager ends up on a cycle to disaster and as we have been told...you never quit at the bottom of a cycle. Think it's blind hope that as he is 'experienced' he will be able to turn it around in the end.

Our two relegations in recent times have come from sticking with a manager who is clearly failing, I fear it will be the same unless we sack Mowbray. If we hadn't have sacked Pressley we would have gone down that year too.

peeler

My view is that each recent manager ends up on a cycle to disaster and as we have been told...you never quit at the bottom of a cycle. Think it's blind hope that as he is 'experienced' he will be able to turn it around in the end.

He's not going to quit anyway, he'll wait for the sack & compensation. It's all about money.

And I may add that money will come out of the playing budget, making less for the next manager to spend in January

Osullivan18

I would give him the next two games and go from there.
I was genuinely excited by TM and last seasons start I truly thought we could be turning it around.
He has made a lot of decisions since that point that I just cannot get my head around, these are not decisions that Sisu have made, but TM decisions.
I love the whole "sacking managers hasn't worked in the past" argument. While I would love stability, he isn't providing that, no wins in 8 league matches is somehow the owners fault?
They didn't make Tudgay miss, they didn't select the team, they didn't make the changes.

trevelfarandwide

Anderson is a strange one, indeed, on many levels - his purpose and role at the club seem almost superficial.

As for TM, can someone fill me in on how much hands-on training he has with his players? A rough estimate will do, since I assume he still does not live locally?

skyblue1991

That figures.

No, it's all on Facebook.
So a few people on one website and that's all over the Internet then?

I've got Facebook, can you post links of where people have called this place SISU Talk? I'm sure there's hundreds of fans that have said it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Anyone would think we're the only team that sacks managers. Mowbray and Pressley have both outlived the average life span of a football manager, which is around 15 months.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

No one knows Anderson role. He certainly won't be meddling in transfers.

He can't actually be any worse than that idiot Waggot anyway.

Grendel

Anyone would think we're the only team that sacks managers. Mowbray and Pressley have both outlived the average life span of a football manager, which is around 15 months.

Spot on. Sisu are easy owners for management. Coleman and thorn as well.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not really a strong selling point though better than the last idiot

martcov

Yeah I don't understand what he actually does at the club?!

Other than refuse meetings of course

Yes. The new CCFC advert for a position as a director seems to cover most jobs not filled by the other directors - technical and commercial. If that post gets filled then all "work" is covered.

Leaves only "mouthpiece" as a function. Top decisions will be vetted by Tim anyway.

So, could we not drop him and go back to Tim being in charge of running the club with the other directors reporting to him?

I am in the Mowbray "remain" camp - together with Venus of course. Despite the run of bad form, just changing the manager won't solve the club's problems. The mistakes have been made and now we are sitting there with little money available and an insecure future.

Mowbray going will cost us compensation. The new manager will try and build the team he wants at some stage - only to find out that he doesn't get the players he is after or to keep the ones he has. We would be exactly where we are now in 2 years time - based on our past record with managers. No reason to think it will be better this time round.

I say bite the bullet and stick with Mowbray whatever happens form wise. We have to break the merry go round of managers. Mowbray is certainly not the worst we have had and we have to live with our situation - as depressive as it may be.

ecky

It doesn't seem to matter who the manager is at CCFC they all inevitably fail for some strange reason
There is something rotten in the core of the club for the abject failure and decline of the club over the last 20 years

Terry Gibson's perm

It doesn't seem to matter who the manager is at CCFC they all inevitably fail for some strange reason
There is something rotten in the core of the club for the abject failure and decline of the club over the last 20 years

It's a bit longer than 20 years;)

Bristol sky blue

Agree with Otis. Give him a bit more time.

Mowbray said he'd only start looking at the table seriously after a dozen games, so that gives him 4 more games for us to show signs of improvement (that means a couple of wins, not creditable draws).

I reckon we have got players who are unlucky not to be in the starting X1 at the moment - I'd bring in Haynes for Page, Stevenson for Ghadzhev, Spence for Reid, Wright for Tudgay (and possibly Rose for Sterry if he's fit enough).

2 biggest concerns - 1) lack of runners into the box (maybe we lack final product because there's usually only one fucker to cross or pass the ball to in the box!)
2) Mowbray's defeatist attitude of 'we didn't get the players we needed in summer' being repeated post-match. If he lacks faith in the players he's got, he won't inspire them to performances they're capable of.

chinamans view

My View is TM and MV have made big mistakes this summer on recruitment may be more MV fault than TM, waited to long for answers from some players then paniced trying to put a side together last minute and it shows but i would give TM until Christmas time to see if he can change things round and move us up the table, however he needs to get a settled side and stop trying to pretend we have a squad as big as Chelsea he tries to keep everyone happy
insted of selecting the best team and sticking with it.

NorthernWisdom

The short termism is generally why teams fail though.

Worth noting that small teams who get their managers poached, such as Burton, end up appointing from a position of strength too. The choice doesn't deviate from the long term aims of club progression as a result. We chop and change what's most important, usually based on looking for the opposite of yesterday's failure.

Captain Dart

skybluetony176

If no one knows Andersons role how do you know he's not meddling in transfers? Or any of the first team decision's for that matter? The teams slump does happen to coincide with his arrival.

stupot07

The short termism is generally why teams fail though.

Worth noting that small teams who get their managers poached, such as Burton, end up appointing from a position of strength too. The choice doesn't deviate from the long term aims of club progression as a result. We chop and change what's most important, usually based on looking for the opposite of yesterday's failure.

Whilst I agree with the ideology of that. How many managers from teams like Burton went on a run like this:

League in 2016:

P30 W7 D7 L16 F29 A33 Pts 28 Ppg 0.93 Win% 23%

I can't remember the last time Burton for example had a really poor season, which would out the board under pressure to sack. I think even Paul Tisdale dodged a bullet as it was widely accepted they had been punching way above their weight.

We know the club is rotten to the core, but a lot of what is wrong this season is down to mowbrays recruitment, tactics, system, subs, etc. I really good it turns around, but I can't see anything but a relegation dogfight this season.

You've also got the fact his contract rubs out in the summer, is he going to renew?

Its hard, if this was Pressley, thorn or another lower league manger the pressure would be on, but because hes a "name" mowbray gets a bit of a free pass.

I don't know what the answer is, but if we were to sack him there would be a large queue of managers lining up to take over.

Warwickhunt

The problem lays at the managers doorstep! On Saturday the first half although was not great it was adequate and Oldham were struggling to hold us back then come the break he did a change! Why did he take Gadshev off for ? If he was injured fair enough then why did he bring Lameries on? It should have been Stephenson! Oldham were piling through the middle at us in the first 10 minutes because of the hole created by his bloody substitution we only started to gain the upper hand when Stephenson did come on after 20 mind into the second half. It's the manager! He does not allow the side to settle

Warwickhunt

He will do wholesale changes for the next game!!!

NorthernWisdom

Its hard, if this was Pressley, thorn or another lower league manger the pressure would be on, but because hes a "name" mowbray gets a bit of a free pass.

I don't see any less pressure now than was on Pressley, tbh... and I wouldn't have sacked Pressley either.

In fact, I'd have been more disposed to keep Pressley, as there was (at least verbally!) an obvious strategy of bringing youth and first teams together, so the club could have some natural progression. If that was the preferred SISU strategy, when Pressley went we should have been looking for a similar type of manager to replace.

And that's the problem... when did we last decide to look at what type of manager fits our club and its aims best other than Pressley and, arguably, Robins? (the need then was for someone to inspire to promotion, I'd suggest and, well... he did alright even if the wheels came off a bit towards the end... with off-field distractions, it's worth noting)

letsallsingtogether

He is well out of his depth here.
He will be gone sooner then you think funny he wasn't at the game yesterday.
Who will be the next one to take over?
I feel anothr 12 months of spin from any new CO or whatever his title is.
Bit like the managers role.
Keep feeding them bullshit keep saying how things have changed, but carry on doing the same.
We really are fucked .

Users who are viewing this thread