"Name Your Price" says Ann Lucas (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Coventry council leader Ann Lucas says she is still willing to talk about selling the Ricoh Arena to anyone willing to make an offer.Her comments - made in the council chamber on Tuesday - appeared to be an invitation to Sky Blues’ owners to name their price.
Long-standing Tory councillor and former Lord Mayor Tim Sawdon asked Coun Lucas if she remained willing to discuss a Ricoh sale with Joy Seppala, boss of Coventry City’s hedge fund owners Sisu.
He read out comments in the Telegraph by club non-executive director Mark Labovitch in response to our story that Ms Seppala had rejected a renewed rent offer by part council-owned Arena Coventry Limited.
ACL - whose directors include council executive Martin Reeves and Chris West - wanted the club, under an offer made via the Football League, to return as tenants rent-free this season, then pay £100,000 for the following two seasons - as opposed to playing ‘home’ games in Northampton, while developing plans for a new stadium in Warwickshire.
Coun Sawdon quoted Mr Labovitch saying about talks held between Coun Lucas and Ms Seppala on November 6: “We clearly understood from Ann’s statement on October 30 that she was prepared to discuss ownership. We were surprised when that turned out not to be the case.”
Ann Lucas told the council: “I’ve promised any conversation I have with Ms Seppala would remain private. Anything that’s come out of that room has not come from me.
“I’ve made it clear and it’s no secret I am prepared to talk to, and do business with, any sensible legitimate business person with any offer to make. Nothing is ruled in and I have never ruled anything out.
“I’ve never said I would favour any organisation and I’ve definitely not said I would disfavour any organisation either.”
In response, Mr Labovitch told the Telegraph: “We have consistently said that no club can be financially viable unless it owns its own stadium and the revenues that go with it.
"The strange experiment of separating the club from its stadium has not worked for the previous owners or current ones.
“If Coun Lucas really meant it when she said that she would discuss a sale, she should get on the next train.
“We would expect to go about such a transaction in the normal way, which is for each party as a first step to instruct a reputable chartered surveying firm to carry out an independent valuation.
"Both the council and ACL are well used to this, having periodically commissioned independent valuations.
“If the council do not want to enter into such discussions now, please could whoever the decision-maker is say this in a straightforward manner – no more statements by London-based spin-doctors, no more off-stage whispers on podcasts, no more “offers” via third parties with a catch in the small print. Just tell it straight.
“There is no point at all in dredging up the discredited landlord-tenant debate. We cannot return to the clutches of a rapacious landlord which has done so much to damage the club through two generations of ownership.”
We revealed last week the council’s own High Court papers stated a “council valuation” late last year was £6.4million - based on no rent from the club. It appeared to be for the Ricoh business currently conducted by ACL on a leasehold basis, rather than the freehold sought by Sisu.

Kingokings204

Was just about to start this thread. It seems like this is the last chance saloon. ACL/CCC again give another carrot to SISU now do what the article says and get 2 independent valuations and meet in the middle of the two prices (cant possibly do it fairer) and give us back our club in our City.

As for what SISU do with the Ricoh worries me but that's another story, Short term it works.

Nick

Administrator
So ML said:

We clearly understood from Ann’s statement on October 30 that she was prepared to discuss ownership. We were surprised when that turned out not to be the case

Now Lucas has said that, should we await a statement from ML?

What would be good is if they said straight out the other is lying and see who starts the slander / libel claims first?

RoboCCFC90

Fair comments from 'The Lab-rador' can someone just ask the Council whether £25M is an acceptable price for the Arena and get the negotiations sorted?

Kingokings204

So ML said:

Now Lucas has said that, should we await a statement from ML?

I think he did Nick. Towards the end of the article he quotes" she should get the next train down to London" I hope Ann gets senior citizen discounts on her tickets else it could be expensive.

Bugsy

Just get the bloody deal sorted pronto, its a scandal what they have all done, it just seems that its just us fans that are havin are hearts broken.... After the way we won at the weekend and to see what it meant to each and every1 of us its time they all think about our fan base... PUSB.... CTID...... :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Astute

Statement just released by Joy

'I was going to offer a fiver, but I know if I keep that football club in Northampton I will get it even cheaper'

Kingokings204

Fair comments from 'The Lab-rador" can someone just ask the Council whether £25M is an acceptable price for the Arena and get the negotiations sorted?

6.4m was quoted Robo last year with CCFC as not tenants. SISU rumoured to offer around 4m I believe.

RoboCCFC90

6.4m was quoted Robo last year with CCFC as not tenants. SISU rumoured to offer around 4m I believe.

Well as many people have said espeially Tommy Dazzle, £25M is apparently what Sisu are willing to fork out for a new ground, if they find out whether that is an acceptable price from the Council then they can finally get it sorted.

Nick

Administrator
I think he did Nick. Towards the end of the article he quotes" she should get the next train down to London" I hope Ann gets senior citizen discounts on her tickets else it could be expensive.

Missed that as the formatting came out awful :(

So Lucas has said she is willing to sell, SISU have said they thought that but at the meeting she wasn't and if she does want to sell then let's meet.

All of this press release stuff get's confusing but it just needs Ann Lucas to write a statement saying "I am on the train".

Maybe they should do all their discussions through the CET so we can all see what's going on?

Kingokings204

Well as many people have said espeially Tommy Dazzle, £25M is apparently what Sisu are willing to fork out for a new ground, if they find out whether that is an acceptable price from the Council then they can finally get it sorted.

Yes this why a new ground wont happen as its no sense on any front like many of us say. like the article says 2 independent valuations and hopefully meet in the middle. Cant say fairer really.

SkyblueBazza

Two things of particular note for me there: -
ML - "please could whoever the decision-maker is say this in a straightforward manner – no more statements by London-based spin-doctors, no more off-stage whispers on podcasts, no more “offers” via third parties with a catch in the small print. Just tell it straight." Doesn't this contradict his previous pernickety comments about "no direct offer" - that wasn't being straight was it? Is he really expecting us to believe there is no spin-doctor input is this or any other of his statements? And if he is the decision maker fair enough - but we all know he isn't so basically he's telling himself what many of us have told him...Mark - SHUT UP

“There is no point at all in dredging up the discredited landlord-tenant debate. We cannot return to the clutches of a rapacious landlord which has done so much to damage the club through two generations of ownership.” Sentence 1...fair point. Sentence 2 immediately goes against sentence 1.

ML..latest in the long line of SISU puppets to have lost credibility with his customers - US THE FANS...or at the very least me.

Nick

Administrator
Yes this why a new ground wont happen as its no sense on any front like many of us say. like the article says 2 independent valuations and hopefully meet in the middle. Cant say fairer really.

You can't get any fairer than that. Get a proper valuation of it, I would still like to know where this 6.4 million estimate came from though, I am pretty sure that was just for the lease rather than the actual bricks and everything with it.

If SISU want the bricks, mortar, grass etc then get that valued properly and get on with it...

ecky

Was just about to start this thread. It seems like this is the last chance saloon. ACL/CCC again give another carrot to SISU now do what the article says and get 2 independent valuations and meet in the middle of the two prices (cant possibly do it fairer) and give us back our club in our City.

As for what SISU do with the Ricoh worries me but that's another story, Short term it works.

raze the stadium to the ground and sell the land for development?

Nick

Administrator
Two things of particular note for me there: -
ML - "please could whoever the decision-maker is say this in a straightforward manner – no more statements by London-based spin-doctors, no more off-stage whispers on podcasts, no more “offers” via third parties with a catch in the small print. Just tell it straight." Doesn't this contradict his previous pernickety comments about "no direct offer" - that wasn't being straight was it? Is he really expecting us to believe there is no spin-doctor input is this or any other of his statements? And if he is the decision maker fair enough - but we all know he isn't so basically he's telling himself what many of us have told him...Mark - SHUT UP

“There is no point at all in dredging up the discredited landlord-tenant debate. We cannot return to the clutches of a rapacious landlord which has done so much to damage the club through two generations of ownership.” Sentence 1...fair point. Sentence 2 immediately goes against sentence 1.

ML..latest in the long line of SISU puppets to have lost credibility with his customers - US THE FANS...or at the very least me.

Surely by him saying there was no direct offer he was being straight as they hadn't had a direct offer? That was probably the one with the third party, but I wonder what the catch in the small print was...

RoboCCFC90

Yep if I was Joy I'd offer £15M and see what happens..

Kingokings204

raze the stadium to the ground and sell the land for development?

Who knows? That's the problem. I would like to think ccfc club and ground together forever again but its anyone's guess. Only Otium know unfortunately.

valiant15

You get on a train up to Coventry labovitch you spoilt lazy middle class cretin.

You vultures want it then make an offer, if not then piss off and build arena tinpot in Daventry or wherever.

We can all go are separate ways then.

italiahorse

SISU are holding onto the team and therefore why would anybody else bid for the stadium?
They are trying to force CCC to release the stadium knowing they are the only bidders.

The FL need to tell them to get back to the stadium so normal market forces can come into play.
It will force them to sell the team or buy the Ricoh at it's true value.

RoboCCFC90

You get on a train up to Coventry labovitch you spoilt lazy middle class cretin.

You vultures want it then make an offer, if not then piss off and build arena tinpot in Daventry or wherever.

We can all go are separate ways then.

I'll come up and broker the deal if it means getting it sorted!!

SkyblueBazza

Surely by him saying there was no direct offer he was being straight as they hadn't had a direct offer? That was probably the one with the third party, but I wonder what the catch in the small print was...

The small-print thing is more pernickety tittle-tattle & not being straight. Why can't HE simply say what the small print that was so foreboding actually was? Just like saying "no direct offer" - that is skirting around the issue as well. He could have simply said "We have received that offer. It was made via the FL, but was unacceptable to us because of the small print, which specifically said x...y...z but we do not accept those terms"
THAT is being straight

Nick

Administrator
SISU are holding onto the team and therefore why would anybody else bid for the stadium?
They are trying to force CCC to release the stadium knowing they are the only bidders.

The FL need to tell them to get back to the stadium so normal market forces can come into play.
It will force them to sell the team or buy the Ricoh at it's true value.

That is the question, what is it's true value? Get some valuations done and there you have a starting figure for negotiations.

Sky Blue Dal

Missed that as the formatting came out awful :(

So Lucas has said she is willing to sell, SISU have said they thought that but at the meeting she wasn't and if she does want to sell then let's meet.

All of this press release stuff get's confusing but it just needs Ann Lucas to write a statement saying "I am on the train".

Maybe they should do all their discussions through the CET so we can all see what's going on?

Why not just meet Half way between Coventry > London ...... say my mates cellar in Luton. We can mediate a fair deal between Ann and Joy :slap:

wingy

You can't get any fairer than that. Get a proper valuation of it, I would still like to know where this 6.4 million estimate came from though, I am pretty sure that was just for the lease rather than the actual bricks and everything with it.

If SISU want the bricks, mortar, grass etc then get that valued properly and get on with it...

Leicester Paid £19M for their Ground when combined with rent and other fees totaled £38M. they did'nt however have all the added facilities that go with our Arena.

Nick

Administrator
The small-print thing is more pernickety tittle-tattle & not being straight. Why can't HE simply say what the small print that was so foreboding actually was? Just like saying "no direct offer" - that is skirting around the issue as well. He could have simply said "We have received that offer. It was made via the FL, but was unacceptable to us because of the small print, which specifically said x...y...z but we do not accept those terms"
THAT is being straight

I totally agree, I reckon they are probably withholding that until they can use it against ACL in some way in a statement though.

Kingokings204

That is the question, what is it's true value? Get some valuations done and there you have a starting figure for negotiations.

That's the problem I think, Otium want it for the value without CCFC like it hasn't at the moment. Valuation last year was 6.4m as stated in the article now probably nearer 5m at a guess. Otium to offer 4m as the next move? I don't think we are going to get the "true" valuation which I agree is about 15-20m.

Sky Blue Dal

What are they bidding for and what is going to be valuated. The Stadium only or the Stadium and the surrounding land.

Personally if they really care about the Club they would bid for the Stadium only, but lets see.

Nick

Administrator
It is a shame the telegraph or a third party can' t get valuations done and print them.

wingy

It is a shame the telegraph or a third party can' t get valuations done and print them.

Anyone Know Harvey Williams who used to be on the Board,Head of the RICS at one point ,there must be a Commercial Valuer among us all somewhere?

Sky Blue Dal

That's the problem I think, Otium want it for the value without CCFC like it hasn't at the moment. Valuation last year was 6.4m as stated in the article now probably nearer 5m at a guess. Otium to offer 4m as the next move? I don't think we are going to get the "true" valuation which I agree is about 15-20m.

You will if you get an independent valuation. Should be no different from when an independent valuation was carried out on mine and my bitter Ex's marital home.

RoboCCFC90

Who knows?

CCC agreeing that £25M is okay does not mean SISU will say okay.

£25M for a £110M the complex freehold is ridiculous in anybody's books.

Okay so if it's ridiculous how much would value the freehold of the Arena at?

I am not suggesting that Sisu will just say okay, but if they're looking at spending the same money on building a new stadium maybe it would be better in using it to purchase the Arena?

RoboCCFC90

Do you think we could pitch this idea to the Telegraph?

Users who are viewing this thread