"Name Your Price" says Ann Lucas (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Aren't SISU claiming to be putting in 3 million a year whilst they are in Northampton? Maybe not major compared to a new stadium - built or purchased - but still money investors are having to trump up.

Well, thats £15m in the 5 years they will be there !

Throw £3 million a year in for the amount more they would have got for being at the Ricoh v Northampton in gate receipts (even if they paid the £1.2m rent)

and for doing virtually nowt they have £30 million...

If they offered that, they would prob have the Ricoh and none of this cack would be needed !

Crazy

skybluetony176

Why not just meet Half way between Coventry > London ...... say my mates cellar in Luton. We can mediate a fair deal between Ann and Joy :slap:

i have some cousins in northern Ireland who would be happy to help and they also have a connection with Northampton in that they are cobblers. they do a lovely line in concrete willies. :eek:

jesus-wept

They can't simply make an offer out of the blue.
The parties need to agree heads of terms - show intentions of being a buyer and being a seller on set conditions.
Then they need to do a due dilligence to make sure all contracts and financial arrangements is known.
Why can't they we are in a free market aren't we, any would be buyer will have done their research surely. We know Preston Heskell has had a sniff and then there is this Byng and his Chinamen and there was supposedly others. This Ricoh site is all about the surrounding infrastructure apparently and not a stadium or the football team.

Good news but there has to be stipulations in the purchase, it has to be owned by the football club because otherwise we will be in a worse situation in a few more years than we are now.

If SISU get full ownership of the Ricoh we will not be any better off, it may mean playing football again in Coventry for a few more years but it will get far worse. Anyone who believes otherwise is being very naive.

Hey...so if SISU get full ownership which includes revenues and the ground is tied to the club we will be no better off?

James Smith

More 'spin', this time from the Council! LOL

Any chance you can answer this question?

Sorry I'm not privileged to the 'detail' of any negotiations or exactly what our owners actually want and have never ever mentioned 'freehold'!

I'm desperately trying to look at the 'long-term', our owners will move-on when they get a return on their investment but my Club will hopefully still be here when they've gone, the same applies to both Managers & Players but I will still be supporting Coventry City Football Club, just as I've done for more years than I care to remember.

So what does the phrase

RFC said:
As many have said previously including Ray Ranson, Paul Fletcher & Geoffrey Robinson if either the Club or it's owners don't own it's own stadium with access to all revenue streams then CCFC won't exist in 5 years time FACT!

mean if not the freehold?

James Smith

Good news but there has to be stipulations in the purchase, it has to be owned by the football club because otherwise we will be in a worse situation in a few more years than we are now.

If SISU get full ownership of the Ricoh we will not be any better off, it may mean playing football again in Coventry for a few more years but it will get far worse. Anyone who believes otherwise is being very naive.
And what constitutes the club? I say this because this year it has been Ltd, claimed to be Holdings and is now Otium as they have the golden share at the moment. What happens if SISU liquidate the company with the golden share, who has the freehold then?

mark_ccfc

I haven't read all of this thread but I have read the articles referred to in the telegraph.

My first thoughts

SISU getting arrogant because they have won the right to apply for a judicial review.

The language "“If Coun Lucas really meant it when she said that she would discuss a sale, she should get on the next train."
"“There is no point at all in dredging up the discredited landlord-tenant debate. We cannot return to the clutches of a rapacious landlord which has done so much to damage the club through two generations of ownership.”

Is designed to goad, not a genuine attempt to bring people together.

Anne Lucas is using no such language, and sounds far more genuine.

I don't want these idiots (SISU) owning the stadium or my football club - get real everybody they are nothing but trouble. If they are saying they are going to pay 20 odd million for a 12,000 seat stadium the Ricoh is worth at east 30-40million. These money grabbing fools ill never pay a reasonable amount for the stadium so they should told to sling their hooks.

Noggin

And what constitutes the club? I say this because this year it has been Ltd, claimed to be Holdings and is now Otium as they have the golden share at the moment. What happens if SISU liquidate the company with the golden share, who has the freehold then?

Arvo have charges over the assets dont they? so if ccfc got the freehold and were then liquidated arvo (sisu) get the stadium and we have no football club.

Brighton Sky Blue

Arvo have charges over the assets dont they? so if ccfc got the freehold and were then liquidated arvo (sisu) get the stadium and we have no football club.

Acquiring a stadium, be it the Ricoh or the Fish Bowl, is a tangible asset which SISU can sell to somebody in addition to the club. It helps their exit strategy considerably to have it.

wingy

I can't swear on this But i think OSB has said there are currently no charges currently.

The Gentleman

Am I missing something that stops SISU getting an independent valuation, releasing this independent valuation publicly, and publicly offering a price based on that to the council/ACL/whoever they need to?

Why does the council need to get a valuation at all? Surely if SISU made that running, they could start a process that sees public opinion swing behind them?

CBRE is a client of mine and they can do this sort of thing. Maybe if Sisu/Otium paid them to do that rather than find a suitable site for a new ground.............. (sorry couldn't resist that). In all seriousness though they could do this as they seem to get on well with CBRE (advertising etc), wouldn't be hard to sort out as we all know what is there and they will know what market value is in today's climate. Problem is I think they would come back with a valuation which Sisu will hate them for as we all know they are trying to get it for peanuts and if they had a valuation that was made public it sort of backs them into a corner where if they are serious in buying it above board, they have to make an offer in the region of the valuation.

SkyBlueMatt

Hey...so if SISU get full ownership which includes revenues and the ground is tied to the club we will be no better off?

I think there was a misunderstanding. I was trying to say that if the ground was to be sold, it has to be sold to the club and not to SISU. Only if the club owns it we will be better off.

If I'm being honest, I really dont know. Thats why if the ground does get sold it needs to be all above board and done in the right way for whats best for the club, not SISU and unfortunately not us. I want to get back to the Ricoh and back to supporting the team at home but if the deal isn't right I hope the council turn it down because if the situation isn't right then we will be right back where we are now.

Until then, NOPM and Rotherham or Bristol City away!

letsallsingtogether

To be fair if Ann Lucus was lying Sisu would already have her in chains and in court.

So ML said:

Now Lucas has said that, should we await a statement from ML?

What would be good is if they said straight out the other is lying and see who starts the slander / libel claims first?

Users who are viewing this thread