Negativity.... Already (2 Viewers)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The other factor is the amount of goals scored ..... only 8 teams last year had a positive goal difference...... as yet we have not solved that problem...... we have got to be hitting something like 75 goals next season

Over the season we need to be averaging 1.6 points per game to scrape in like Stevenage

Next season is not going to be easy

ohitsaidwalker king power

I was at Nuneaton Saturday and the guy standing by me booed the team off at full time and saying he is boycotting his season ticket but to be honest we only played 2 worthy 1st team players (William and Deegs) and there has been negativity all over Facebook and I just think some fans are ridiculous

Deegs.. first team?....not in my book:thinking about:

Sky Blues

Good to see people thinking in terms of points not just places for judging team performance early in the season. Yes, at the end of the season the final position is all that matters, but the talk of "must be top 6 after 10 games" seemed a bit arbitrary to me. Being 8th on the same number of points as 6th after 10 games would be a different matter to being, say, 7th but 10 points adrift of 6th. One team is clearly in the mix, the other would have a lot of ground to make up.

dongonzalos

It if wasn't for SISU he wouldn't have got a look in anyway. Your right though it was a shocking action appointing him.

Personally I think the shocking decision was to look at the way things transformed in those last ten games. Then not have the vision to jump on that as a platform for promotion.

Replace king with a quality striker. Use the wages from the other 7 or so who left with replacements on slightly less wages. Give the manager you backed your full support and have a real go.

2 more signings and this season they will have shown that they really have learnt their lesson.

Disorganised1

What if we win 7 and draw 8

Then we'll need to be looking at why we can't win games. 29 points would be very good, but I think we need to average 2 points a game if we are to go straight back up. And in all honesty if we don't go straight back up, then I think it's curtains.

dongonzalos

I would be chuffed to bits if we won 7 drew 8.

Think as long as by January we are either in the top six or within 9 points of it, I would be over the moon with the current team. However give us the two signings we need and i would want to be in the top six or 3 points out of it by Jan.

At the moment our best 11 is a top 4 team. 3 injuries to key players and it is a bottom half team. Those injuries will happen as we have seen time and time again.

Really think people who are looking at this team and saying win 10 or 12 of the first 15. Automatic promotion are so unrealistic.

They are rightly over the moon as we have signed players when there was a strong possibility we would have signed no one.

We need two players that can cover each position who are good enough to get this team in the top six. We nearly have it.

However two of the most important positions creativity and scoring, we don't have it.

The club knows that and is trying to sort it so no criticism there. However it is clear for all to see.

Regarding the new signings I think we know what we will get from killer.

Malaga and edge were unheard of a few weeks ago and so nobody knows how that will pan out.

Ball and Brown are learning their trade so again unknown potential.

Fleck has bags of potential that has never delivered so hopefully it will happen for us.

Elliot has shocking injury record, I maybe wrong but I don't think he has had a season not disrupted by injury for 7 years.

if all of these players perform as you would like then I agree this squad should get automitic promotion. However with 6 question marks we know that won't happen. 3 or 4 will work out and/or 3 or 4 wont.

Also expecting to win 12 of our first 15. If we sign the two extra players there is a chance we may have 7 New players on the pitch and 9 in the first squad. Some of whom have never played competitively in this country before.

Maybe your 10 or 12 wins in 15 would be more apt when it counts. In the last 15 games. Reading style when all the players have worked each other out. When other teams get injuries and we bring our quality off the bench. That is when if we make the right next two signings we will become our own

Last edited:

aodea

playing Football our managers always tell us that if you average 2 points a game you are going to be in the mix. thats essentially six wins two draws and two defeats in every ten.

so if after ten we had 20 points
after twenty we have 40points
after thirthy we have 60 points
after fourty we have 80 points.

six games after are bonus points if we are below 80 points they could scrape us over the line, if we were already there they could push us over the line.

It is a long season and we have no idea how things will pan out with so many new players as well. its not going to be a case of running away with the leauge but im also sure we will be comfortable and in the top half. I think maybe we will be around 65 to 90 points or somewhere in between.

there are loads of keys. will Fleck turn out to be a match winner?
Can elliot or jeffers or ball add goals to Cody.
Can Cody break 20 for the season.
murphy needs to have a consitant big season.
One of the new french lads needs to turn out to be a good un.

Users who are viewing this thread