New Centre Half (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Is this confirmed?

hill83

Confirmed. Nice one Carsley. Don't know anything about him at all. But he's spotted the obvious weak spot and tried to sort it out.

Good signing. Hopefully this kid will bring some stability to the back 4. Dicko is doing well, but Edje is in poor form, Cameron just isnt good enough and Christie still needs some improvement. Woody will help this lad develop so its a win-win situation

LJC_CCFC

Martin began his career with non-league Eastleigh as a youth player, later signing professional terms with the club.[3] He joined Southampton on 4 November 2009 for an undisclosed fee, signing an 18-month contract,[4][5] after a tip to manager Alan Pardew by Eastleigh manager Ian Baird, a former striker for The Saints.[4] Despite impressing for Southampton's reserves team, Martin was without a first-team appearance when he was signed on loan by Conference National side Salisbury City in March 2010.[6] After making 14 appearances and scoring one goal for the club,[3] in a 3–1 win against Ebbsfleet United on 2 April,[7] he was returned to Southampton in late-April.

On 1 May 2010 he made his debut first-team appearance for the injury-heavy Saints, starting alongside José Fonte in the centre of defence against Gillingham in the penultimate game of the season.[8] Following his debut performance, Martin was praised by Saints manager Alan Pardew, who suggested that he "thought he was Southampton's best player" in the game, adding that "he passed it well and looked comfortable in the shirt".[9] He was rewarded with a second successive start, in the final game of the season against Southend United, playing alongside Radhi Jaïdi.[10]

Martin committed to a new three year deal with Southampton, ahead of the 2011–12 Championship season.[11] He started Southampton's first game of the new season against Leeds United, alongside José Fonte and played the full ninety minutes.[12] He scored his first goal in a 2–1 victory over Coventry City in the FA Cup. This proved to be the match winner. His first league goal came in a 4–0 victory over Derby County. Martin had been a substitute for Jos Hooiveld, who had also scored.

On 7 June 2012, he joined Crystal Palace on a season-long loan deal.[13]

LJC_CCFC

Good signing. Hopefully this kid will bring some stability to the back 4. Dicko is doing well, but Edje is in poor form, Cameron just isnt good enough and Christie still needs some improvement. Woody will help this lad develop so its a win-win situation

'Dicko' as you call him was slow and crap going forward on Saturday but whatever, you must be right

Mucca Mad Boys

If he's any good, I hope we can sign him permanently. Fair play to the board who have once again back the manager, even if he's a caretaker.

Lets hope he turns out like our last loanee who was signed by a caretaker... That man McGoldrick! ;)

Flying Fokker

Dickinson was not bad Saturday. Certainly no worse than anyone else in Sky Blue anyway! Their number 3 was lucky to be on the pitch after the shove in the neck when tussling for the ball.

'Dicko' as you call him was slow and crap going forward on Saturday but whatever, you must be right

What game were you watching? He was our best defender, i know thats not hard after the show that Cameron, Cyrus and Edje put on, but he was consistent, didnt make too many forward runs, but defended better than the rest

Mucca Mad Boys

Dickinson has been shit, gives the ball away way, way too often and was massively out-of-position for their second, can't play football and is a typical hoofball player. However, I'd welcome him as a signing if we signed him permanently, cover for Blair Adams. But I guess you're so good at judging a player's ability, like with Dunn*... :facepalm:

*I don't think anyone will live that down, especially after you blamed Murphy for virtually every goal, quiet on that front now ain't 'ya?

What game were you watching? He was our best defender, i know thats not hard after the show that Cameron, Cyrus and Edje put on, but he was consistent, didnt make too many forward runs, but defended better than the rest

No, not having that, out of position for their second, gave the ball away needlessly, Christie was our best defender, didn't put a foot wrong in defence, good going forward but again, needs to work on his crossing, the right side (Cam & Christie) of defence was head and shoulders above the left side (Edj & 'Dicko').

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

He was developed by Tony Pulis and that is all you need to know about his credentials for playing in a 'footballing' team

wal3590

Cyrus was MOM for me on sat, considering how wank baker was I thought he coped reasonably well on the right

Mucca Mad Boys

Cyrus was MOM for me on sat, considering how wank baker was I thought he coped reasonably well on the right

Gotta' be Leon Clarke for me, fantastic finish, Christie was a close 2nd, only 2 players that actually played well.

skybluesam66

to be fair dickinson was also lucky not to get a red on saturday, as despite what their player did to him, he did get in a return punch

I thought both would go

Dickinson has been shit, gives the ball away way, way too often and was massively out-of-position for their second, can't play football and is a typical hoofball player. However, I'd welcome him as a signing if we signed him permanently, cover for Blair Adams. But I guess you're so good at judging a player's ability, like with Dunn*... :facepalm:

*I don't think anyone will live that down, especially after you blamed Murphy for virtually every goal, quiet on that front now ain't 'ya?
No, not having that, out of position for their second, gave the ball away needlessly, Christie was our best defender, didn't put a foot wrong in defence, good going forward but again, needs to work on his crossing, the right side (Cam & Christie) of defence was head and shoulders above the left side (Edj & 'Dicko').

Are you taking the p*ss? Cameron was awful, sloppy defending, f*cked up the goal line clearance, too. He tried to frickin chest the ball over the line. All he had to do was wrap his foot around the ball and get it away, it wasnt hard. Cyrus was decent but he mucked up a lot fo attacks by taking it too far, slowing the pace down when we needed a quick break, and some poor passes and crosses. Not too bad but wasnt great. And on Joe Murphy, he's been class lately made some great fans, and i dont think i will ever live down the Dunn statement. I might as well change my name on here to 'The tit who rated Dunn'

Mucca Mad Boys

I hope this is a wind up? Leon Clarke was truly awful! One good finish does not make a good performance.

But I guess running round like a headless chicken (Elliott) without scoring a goal does? Clarke had a severe lack of service, can't fault him for that.

skybluesam66

clarke in the 2nd half - ball played from murphy - clarke miles offside - the attack carried on for another 10 -15 seconds, looking for the out ball . Clarke made no attempt to get back

Now I dont think he is lazy personally, I just dont think hes the brightest spark, and so he really does need coaching throughout

wal3590

He had a severe lack of service due to his poor positioning and lack of effort to show for the ball!

LJC_CCFC

Leon Clarke has the ability to stick the ball in the net from five to eight yards out...no more no less

Your right about Murphy, very impressive last few months. Dunn probably cost us a place at wembley

Wanted to give Dunn a go, cus we hadnt seen much of him and lets face it, Murphy ent gonna be here forever so i thought we needed to think about bringing Dunn up for when he leaves, but boy how wrong was i? He was woeful, shouldnt be anywhere near the team. Burdge has ket in a lot of goals at Nuneaton, but he's been good apparently, so get Dunn out and but Burge on the bench

Mucca Mad Boys

Are you taking the p*ss? Cameron was awful, sloppy defending, f*cked up the goal line clearance, too. He tried to frickin chest the ball over the line. All he had to do was wrap his foot around the ball and get it away, it wasnt hard. Cyrus was decent but he mucked up a lot fo attacks by taking it too far, slowing the pace down when we needed a quick break, and some poor passes and crosses. Not too bad but wasnt great. And on Joe Murphy, he's been class lately made some great fans, and i dont think i will ever live down the Dunn statement. I might as well change my name on here to 'The tit who rated Dunn'

Doesn't that say a lot about the left side then? I'm well aware Cameron wasn't great, but Edj drifted out of position too many times. I'm going to show you a picture, if you don't think the 'left side' was at fault for their second goal - HINT: they're massively out of position - there's no point in even discussing this.

Good idea on changing your name to that, but since that episode, your credibility on suggesting who should/shouldn't start has took a knock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 44
clarke in the 2nd half - ball played from murphy - clarke miles offside - the attack carried on for another 10 -15 seconds, looking for the out ball . Clarke made no attempt to get back

Now I dont think he is lazy personally, I just dont think hes the brightest spark, and so he really does need coaching throughout

He scored and disapeared. He strays offside and stays there til the ball is played. He is a good finisher now that he's worked on his shooting but he scores once and disapears for the whole game. Fell bad for Elliott. Puts all the work in and its Leon who gets the credit cus he scores

hill83

Doesn't that say a lot about the left side then? I'm well aware Cameron wasn't great, but Edj drifted out of position too many times. I'm going to show you a picture, if you don't think the 'left side' was at fault for their second goal - HINT: they're massively out of position - there's no point in even discussing this.

Good idea on changing your name to that, but since that episode, your credibility on suggesting who should/shouldn't start has took a knock.

Funny thing about that image. A bloke near me was slating Christie for 'leaving his man' and when I pointed out he had no option as Edge and Dickinson were out of position he refused to believe it and stormed off home.

WillieStanley

Leon Clarke has the ability to stick the ball in the net from five to eight yards out...no more no less

Just like that waster Gary Linaker. Awful!!

To stick the ball in from 5 - 8 yards, you have to be positioned to do so. That doesn't happen by accident. Leon Clarke is one of our best players at the moment. His biggest crime is that he's not David McGoldrick.

hill83

Just like that waster Gary Linaker. Awful!!

To stick the ball in from 5 - 8 yards, you have to be positioned to do so. That doesn't happen by accident. Leon Clarke is one of our best players at the moment. His biggest crime is that he's not David McGoldrick.

There was one cross where it would have served him better to go to the near post and didn't. Although it was a poor cross anyway. That then became the talk of the terrace, how he is shit at getting into the right position in the box. Totally ignoring the multiple other times he has.

wal3590

Gary LinekAr? Never heard of him.

I am not a Clarke hater. I thought he played very well at Crewe on weds, he showed he has the ability to be a main player for his and put himself about, however he was nothing short of dreadful on Sat. If there was an award to show you really aren't interested in a game he would have won it hands down. He loves to hide behind defenders and tries to kid us he is challenging for a ball. I don't think he jumped for one header on sat?

Mucca Mad Boys

Funny thing about that image. A bloke near me was slating Christie for 'leaving his man' and when I pointed out he had no option as Edge and Dickinson were out of position he refused to believe it and stormed off home.

Exactly, it's like the goal v Yeovil, Christie left Madden to tuck it in, but because Wood weren't in position (good counter-attack on Yeovil's behalf to catch him out), but Christie HAD to move to the middle in case a cross came in and to cover Edj, but that Madden finished very well! Best striker in L1 now McG has gone, what a bargain.

WillieStanley

There was one cross where it would have served him better to go to the near post and didn't. Although it was a poor cross anyway. That then became the talk of the terrace, how he is shit at getting into the right position in the box. Totally ignoring the multiple other times he has.

That's the thing - People ignore the good and focus on the bad. He is very decent in League 1. If he was making those runs, then he'd be playing at a higher level. Holds the ball up well and scores goals. What more do you want from a big striker? After Clive Platt we've got people slagging him off??

SkyblueBazza

I'm all for strengthening the team.

Have to say though that some people need to step back & think before posting. Lots of contradictions on this thread about how useless the defence is, or this player is crap...can't score. We are a team that's lost continuity coming from perceived (by some) terrible at the start to great until the end of Robin's era. The fact is 3 games under Carsley/Oggy...5 goals for - 2 against (is that such a poor record?)...2 wins, 1 defeat...if they were all league matches that'd equate to 6 from 9 = 2 points per game & STILL enough to give us a good chance of play-offs.

Mucca Mad Boys

Gary LinekAr? Never heard of him.

I am not a Clarke hater. I thought he played very well at Crewe on weds, he showed he has the ability to be a main player for his and put himself about, however he was nothing short of dreadful on Sat. If there was an award to show you really aren't interested in a game he would have won it hands down. He loves to hide behind defenders and tries to kid us he is challenging for a ball. I don't think he jumped for one header on sat?

... Just think how shit Elliott was, Clarke was better than him! Elliott gave the ball away probably every time he got it! Not worth a start ahead of any of our midfielders on the bench. He's been unspectacularly average in his career, whatever league, reminds me of a Yorkshire Terrier, energetic, but not very threatening. Poor signing, I'd rather have Cody back on the bench - ahead of Elliott.

Users who are viewing this thread